PDA

View Full Version : My apology to Sinton

Gontex
05-16-2008, 05:48 AM
Boy is my face red. I listened on Wednesday to the morning announcer on the local radio station discuss the fact that Sinton wouldn't allow them to broadcast the Gonzales-Sinton games. The guy must have talked for 10 minutes about how Sinton wasn't going to allow them to carry the game. I picked it up and ran with it on this board believing that the guy knew what he was talking about. Apparently, he didn't. I turned the radio on last night and guess what? There it was, Gonzales and Sinton. I don't know if they paid for the broadcast rights or what. My apology to anyone who may have been offended by my post. To top it all of, Sinton really kicked our butt as well. Maybe the game will be a little better tonight. Anyone interested can monitor tonight's game at www.kcti1450.com.

S_Tex_3A_Fan
05-16-2008, 07:47 AM
They forked over the bribe money if the game was on.

Txbroadcaster
05-16-2008, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by S_Tex_3A_Fan

once again..Sinton CANNOT charge opponents radio on a nuetral field..and I also dont think they have tried

kaorder1999
05-16-2008, 08:39 AM

you sound like someone holding some kind of grudge against Sinton. Terry is right.....

pirate4state
05-16-2008, 08:44 AM
They forked over the bribe money if the game was on. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sinfan75
05-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
you sound like someone holding some kind of grudge against Sinton. Terry is right..... he probably is the one that was doing play-by-play for sinton games. didn't sound too happy when sinton would score but got real excited when the other team scored.

S_Tex_3A_Fan
05-16-2008, 09:05 AM
No grudge just don't like the rule. I worked there for 3 years. sat in on a lot of negotiations for playoff games. We were setting up a FB playoff in San Antonio against Cotulla or Crystal City can't remember which they have a radio broadcast and the money for their station to broadcast the game was written into a broadcast agreement which both schools have to sign I belive you can go to the UIL site and check this out. Both schools have to agree to have the game broadcast. There is no grudge I enjoyed my time in Sinton. Just happy to be out of the public school business now.

kaorder1999
05-16-2008, 09:07 AM
No grudge just don't like the rule. I worked there for 3 years. sat in on a lot of negotiations for playoff games. We were setting up a FB playoff in San Antonio against Cotulla or Crystal City can't remember which they have a radio broadcast and the money for their station to broadcast the game was written into a broadcast agreement which both schools have to sign I belive you can go to the UIL site and check this out. Both schools have to agree to have the game broadcast. There is no grudge I enjoyed my time in Sinton. Just happy to be out of the public school business now.

please provide a link of this agreement.....I still do not believe this is the case. What did you do for the District which allowed you to sit in on negotiations...

S_Tex_3A_Fan
05-16-2008, 09:08 AM
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/forms/

Here is the link the form is about 1/2 way down

kaorder1999
05-16-2008, 09:13 AM

This is what this form is. Let's say I want to broadcast Forney's games as their home broadcast. This form would be our agreement. I WOULD NOT have to have permission from the team that Forney is playing as long as Forney has given me permission to do their game as their home broadcast and would not have to pay the other teams a penny UNLESS it was at their stadium and they could charge me whatever they want for their use of hte press box and phone line.

Txbroadcaster
05-16-2008, 09:16 AM

That is a Radio/HS aggrement..That DOES NOT have tro be signed by both schools, that is for ONE school

The only thing in there that says anything about both schools is if your allowing OTHER rdio stations to pick up your feed in a syndicate format

You can tell because at top it says High School after the blank in singular form, not plural form...If both were required it would say High Schools

believe me, I have to go thru approval EVERY YEAR and I know the rules

Sinton can charge a station to be their broadcast, they CANNOT charge the opponent

kaorder1999
05-16-2008, 09:20 AM
or in Txbroadcaster's case...he just shows up and says "I'm broadcasting your game and if you dont let me I will kick you in the nuts."

pirate4state
05-16-2008, 09:21 AM
or in Txbroadcaster's case...he just shows up and says "I'm broadcasting your game and if you dont let me I will kick you in the nuts." :eek: :eek: LOL

Txbroadcaster
05-16-2008, 09:21 AM
or in Txbroadcaster's case...he just shows up and says "I'm broadcasting your game and if you dont let me I will kick you in the nuts."

LO then I say God Bless

AAA87
05-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Both schools do have to agree on letting the broadcast happen, no matter where the game is being played. If there is going to be advertisement, then a school district that is in the contest can ask for payment to broadcast the game, but standard procedure is that you get as much puclicity for your athletes as possible and both schools agree to it. Now in the multi school settings, it is standard for a fee to be paid up front by the people announcing the games. They usually have lots of advertisement and pony the money up front so that they have control of the amount and don't leave it up for discussion. This is also the same case with the internet broadcasts. We have a school in our district that has a company broadcast all their games live on the internet and then for play back whenever wanted, yes they are one sided but it lets our players families listen to it in other states. We waive the fee agreement so that it costs nothing to do it, but if we wanted to put a price on it, whether it be at home or away we could and the company would either have to pony up or not air it. BOTH schools DO have to sign off on the allowance of the airing of the game.