PDA

View Full Version : Cross ministries in Groom,TX

trojan37
05-15-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm just curious if any of the downlowers have ever visited this place. My mother showed me a copy of an e-mail someone had sent her about this place, and we are thinking about making the drive one day to go and see it. It was all done by the family of now Dallas Cowboys LB Zack Thomas. It's looks like a very cool place to visit.

Cross Ministries (http://crossministries.net/)

JasperDog94
05-16-2008, 12:13 AM
I've heard of it but never have been there. I'd love to go someday. If you go, let us know about your trip.

wildstangs
05-17-2008, 12:59 AM
I drove by it on the way to Arkansas over Spring Break. Had no idea Zach Thomas paid for it.

Hopefully he donates some money to Pampa's athletic department soon. We were worried that our kids would need a tetanus shot after jumping over their 1980's hurdles.

DU_stud04
05-17-2008, 01:07 AM
im guessing this isnt the one outside of ballinger...... internets running too slow to look it up and dont know where groom is.

LH Panther Mom
05-17-2008, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
im guessing this isnt the one outside of ballinger...... internets running too slow to look it up and dont know where groom is.
No, it's not. Groom is East of Amarillo.

BU97
05-17-2008, 09:47 AM
That movie Leap of Faith with Steve Martin was filmed in Groom a number of years ago. From what I understood that was the beginning of the giant cross there, but it wasn't that big as far as I knew. I think that it has been there in some form or fasion for 15 years or so?