PDA

View Full Version : Americans

buffalo2006
05-15-2008, 11:16 PM
If you have nothing to do this weekend, come to Giddings for the Vietnam Memorial Traveling Wall. I went to the opening ceremonies today and I was in awe. It was truly amazing and I was truly proud to be an American. The viewing is at the Giddings football field and is 24 hrs. It last until early Monday morning, so if yoiu have nothing to do and are proud of your freedom just go by and look at this amazing feature. Also it is free so bring anyone you want and tell many others.

c-town_balla
05-16-2008, 12:04 AM
our student council is headin down there tommorow

buffalo2006
05-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Yea the schedule says that today a bunch of schools are viewing the wall and on Saturday there is a big ceremony with a F-16 flyover

BILLYFRED0000
05-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
Yea the schedule says that today a bunch of schools are viewing the wall and on Saturday there is a big ceremony with a F-16 flyover

When is the flyby stuff scheduled. I just might make the trip if I can.

eppy 12
05-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
If you have nothing to do this weekend, come to Giddings for the Vietnam Memorial Traveling Wall. I went to the opening ceremonies today and I was in awe. It was truly amazing and I was truly proud to be an American. The viewing is at the Giddings football field and is 24 hrs. It last until early Monday morning, so if yoiu have nothing to do and are proud of your freedom just go by and look at this amazing feature. Also it is free so bring anyone you want and tell many others. you go to mhb?

buffalo2006
05-16-2008, 02:49 PM
I think the flyover is suppose to be during the National Anthem tommrow at noon. I went today and looked at the stuff as well as the speakers and I was looking at the dogtags for Enduring Freedom and one of the first ones I saw was Pat Tillman's. They have them ordered in days and I think his was April of 2004, I wanna say the day was the 22nd. But yes you should go by and it truly is amazing. All of the people who have died for our country deserve to be known and this is what this AVTT is trying to do.

I went to UMHB last year for football but had knee and shoulder surgeries which ended my career.