PDA

View Full Version : Umpire Question 2.0

Astrosdawg07
05-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Tonight the plate umpire had warned the coach for arguing, had been on him all night. In the last inning there was a play at first, the runner never touched the bag, therefore he was called out. The coach who had been warned came asked me why he was out, however I never heard him so my plate umpire told him that he never touched the bag, the coach responds like a smart a** "I didn't ask you!" Do you as an umpire toss the manager?

ASUFrisbeeStud
05-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Tonight the plate umpire had warned the coach for arguing, had been on him all night. In the last inning there was a play at first, the runner never touched the bag, therefore he was called out. The coach who had been warned came asked me why he was out, however I never heard him so my plate umpire told him that he never touched the bag, the coach responds like a smart a** "I didn't ask you!" Do you as an umpire toss the manager?

Yes

GreenMonster
05-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Yes 2nd

trojan37
05-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Most definitely.

GreenMonster
05-15-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm sure this is still Pee-wee league or whatever it is you are calling, but this is what my local chapter's policy is. By the way, I'm a HS coach. Coaches are given several chances. 1 verbal warning, "That's enough coach." 1 formal warning, "This is your warning coach." 3rd warning gets you assigned to the dugout, you cannot come out of the dugout unless one of your players is injured and you also lose ALL arguing privledges. If you come out of the dugout or argue loud enough for either umpire to hear you then you are deemed to be blatantly attempting to be thrown out of the game and you are ejected. They make it pretty simple. There are some other situations that can get you assigned to the dugout without warning, but it would take physical contact or some really bad language to get an automatic ejection. Of course at that level an ejection can get you fired if you are on thin ice already and umpires don't want to get a coach fired even if the coach is an idiot.

Astrosdawg07
05-15-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I'm sure this is still Pee-wee league or whatever it is you are calling, but this is what my local chapter's policy is. By the way, I'm a HS coach. Coaches are given several chances. 1 verbal warning, "That's enough coach." 1 formal warning, "This is your warning coach." 3rd warning gets you assigned to the dugout, you cannot come out of the dugout unless one of your players is injured and you also lose ALL arguing privledges. If you come out of the dugout or argue loud enough for either umpire to hear you then you are deemed to be blatantly attempting to be thrown out of the game and you are ejected. They make it pretty simple. There are some other situations that can get you assigned to the dugout without warning, but it would take physical contact or some really bad language to get an automatic ejection. Of course at that level an ejection can get you fired if you are on thin ice already and umpires don't want to get a coach fired even if the coach is an idiot.

The thing is the plate umpire felt the coach was showing him up, and he had been issued his "formal" warning. And to be honest we have had problems with this guy all year. I don't mind the verbal bashing but when you try to show me up, its another story.

LH Panther Mom
05-15-2008, 11:11 PM
So did he get tossed?

piratebg
05-15-2008, 11:12 PM
I hope so.

Astrosdawg07
05-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
So did he get tossed?

YES!