PDA

View Full Version : Decision

Gsquared
05-15-2008, 06:47 AM
I have a good friend getting married on May 31st but I also want to go see the Lake Travis spring game. If I just got them a wedding present, would that be ok for me to go to the game instead?

garciap77
05-15-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I have a good friend getting married on May 31st but I also want to go see the Lake Travis spring game. If I just got them a wedding present, would that be ok for me to go to the game instead?
Can you make both? Maybe be late to one or the other.

Gsquared
05-15-2008, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Can you make both? Maybe be late to one or the other.
Not really, the wedding is in Sherman and the game is at Lake Travis.

CenTexSports
05-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Watching a spring game is like watching paint dry but it is 100 times better than going to a wedding. I say skip both and go to a Ranger game.

garciap77
05-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Go to the wedding!

jason
05-15-2008, 08:43 AM
go to the wedding and try to find you a nice bride's maid....

Gsquared
05-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by jason
go to the wedding and try to find you a nice bride's maid....
If I could find a brides maid without any morals I would but....

crzyjournalist03
05-15-2008, 09:07 AM
will there be an open bar at the wedding?

Ranger Mom
05-15-2008, 09:07 AM
So....the guy is your "good" friend, but you aren't really a good friend to him if you have to decide what is the right thing to do!!

Mom has spoken!;)

pirate4state
05-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
So....the guy is your "good" friend, but you aren't really a good friend to him if you have to decide what is the right thing to do!!

Mom has spoken!;)

:2thumbsup

Gsquared
05-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Oh trust me, im a horrible friend, no doubt about that. HOWEVER, if its true that "its the thought that counts" then im doing ok because I atleast thought about goin to his wedding

CenTexSports
05-15-2008, 09:53 AM
If he is a really good friend, he would understand that he is going to a sporting event and be happy for G2.

DAD HAS SPOKEN!!

nobogey72
05-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Oh trust me, im a horrible friend, no doubt about that. HOWEVER, if its true that "its the thought that counts" then im doing ok because I atleast thought about goin to his wedding

SOLUTION: Call him and tell him that you are so worried about breaking down and crying at his wedding. Tell him how much you think of him and are afraid that it will just be too emotional for you seeing as how you feel so close to him, yadayadayada.....Then tell him you got him something really nice for a gift. Figure the gas from where you are to Sherman and back and spend that much on a gift, and it's an economic wash. :D :D :D

Gsquared
05-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
SOLUTION: Call him and tell him that you are so worried about breaking down and crying at his wedding. Tell him how much you think of him and are afraid that it will just be too emotional for you seeing as how you feel so close to him, yadayadayada.....Then tell him you got him something really nice for a gift. Figure the gas from where you are to Sherman and back and spend that much on a gift, and it's an economic wash. :D :D :D
Hmm, I like your thinkin :thinking:

NastySlot
05-15-2008, 11:15 AM
its a spring game.....maybe an hour of intersquad....you live in the dallas area....so you will spend more time on the road and in your car then at the game......i say save you money...eat and drink for free at the wedding.......hey also at least you know there won't be a time or date change for the wedding.........cause remember LT is still playing baseball and after pounding Tivy last night it looks like they might be playing for a while.....so i wouldn't be surprised to see LT's game changed in someway.

Phil C
05-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Give them a great expensive wedding present they can use. They will be greatful. Trust me. :)

Phil C
05-15-2008, 11:18 AM
I had an Uncle that couldn't come to my wedding but he sent $100 along with an apology. If he had come he said he would have brought a $50 present. My wife and I were most understanding that he had a conflict. ;)

Gsquared
05-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
its a spring game.....maybe an hour of intersquad....you live in the dallas area....so you will spend more time on the road and in your car then at the game......i say save you money...eat and drink for free at the wedding.......hey also at least you know there won't be a time or date change for the wedding.........cause remember LT is still playing baseball and after pounding Tivy last night it looks like they might be playing for a while.....so i wouldn't be surprised to see LT's game changed in someway.
Talked to Coach Morris dad , still on, full force.