05-14-2008, 09:09 PM
In the American Idol finale next week.

Syesha got the boot tonight.

nobogey72
05-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
In the American Idol finale next week.

Syesha got the boot tonight.

If my daughter is ever on American Idol and they interview me, please remind me not to announce to the world that I struggle with alcohol and drugs. (like her dad did) That didn't seem like the time or place to me.:doh:

CenTexSports
05-14-2008, 09:58 PM
You won't have to, the women on here will direct the press to your objective details about your wife.

Phil C
05-15-2008, 11:14 AM
These final two are great. In fact the finalists were all talented and should have good futures.

Ranger Mom
05-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
If my daughter is ever on American Idol and they interview me, please remind me not to announce to the world that I struggle with alcohol and drugs. (like her dad did) That didn't seem like the time or place to me.:doh:

That is something that has been known since the try-outs...she talked about it way back then!!!

nobogey72
05-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That is something that has been known since the try-outs...she talked about it way back then!!!

Then remind me to tell my daughter not to announce it to the world.:thinking:

kepdawg
05-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Thoughts? :thinking:

CHS_CG
05-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Thoughts? :thinking:

I think the younger david has the advatange with the teenie boop vote but I like cook better! He is more my type of artist with the rock!

kepdawg
05-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I think the younger david has the advatange with the teenie boop vote but I like cook better! He is more my type of artist with the rock!

Too bad for Cook he didn't rock tonight!

bandera7
05-21-2008, 12:29 AM
I thought cook was amazing tonight. He showed another side. We all know he rocks. He showed something different. Archuleta sings the same every time. its boring.

WOS87
05-21-2008, 05:40 AM
**SPOILER ALERT**

www.dialidol.com (93% accuracy in predicting who's voted off for Season 7)

From the website itself:

"Let's be clear - DialIdol is definitively predicting that David Cook will win American Idol. No ifs, ands or buts about it. No crazy margin of error claims or anything. The DialIdol scores are significantly different enough to wash all that out the window.

This comes as a bit of a surprise to me given that David Archuleta "knocked out" David Cook during the performance show so before you decide to skip the results show tonight you might want to consider that I myself will be watching with the usual uncertain anticipation that has become habit for me!"

Cook is going to win....

eagles72
05-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by bandera7
I thought cook was amazing tonight. He showed another side. We all know he rocks. He showed something different. Archuleta sings the same every time. its boring.

I think Cook pouts way too much, he lets his emotions show especially when he is mad. David A beat Cook in every way possible last night. Cooks boots have to go!!!!

kaorder1999
05-21-2008, 08:54 AM
I cant stand Archuleta. Everytime he tries to smile I want to turn off the TV. He is weird.

Ranger Mom
05-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I cant stand Archuleta. Everytime he tries to smile I want to turn off the TV. He is weird.

Wow!! That is harsh!!!

David Cook sings more my type of music, but I thought David Archuletta was the best last night!!

Neither one have ever been my favorites, and I could care less who wins, I won't buy either one of their albums anyway!!!

kaorder1999
05-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Wow!! That is harsh!!!

David Cook sings more my type of music, but I thought David Archuletta was the best last night!!

Neither one have ever been my favorites, and I could care less who wins, I won't buy either one of their albums anyway!!!

Sorry....he just seems weird to me. He's definitly material for some good Saturday Night Live bits...

Phil C
05-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Wow!! That is harsh!!!

RM you get your cash in hand and get to the Wal-Mart and buy those albums!

Ranger Mom
05-21-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
RM you get your cash in hand and get to the Wal-Mart and buy those albums!

The only CD's I have ever bought in the 7 years American Idol has been on are Carrie Underwood and Chris Daughtry.

Phil C
05-21-2008, 09:45 AM
The Judges seemed to give the edge to David H. last night. Either way both of them should have great futures no matter who wins.

Ranger Mom
05-21-2008, 09:49 AM
The Judges seemed to give the edge to David H. last night. Either way both of them should have great futures no matter who wins.

David H???:thinking:

CheerMom
05-21-2008, 10:03 AM
My vote is with Cook.

Phil C
05-21-2008, 10:13 AM
David H???:thinking:

Ok. The non Cook. :)

kaorder1999
05-21-2008, 10:16 AM
the only time Archuleta changes his facial expression on the show is when he is singing. Any other time he looks the same...like a dang robot

Phil C
05-21-2008, 10:22 AM
RM you get your cash in hand and get to the Wal-Mart and buy their albums when they come out. :)

Ranger Mom
05-21-2008, 10:25 AM
RM you get your cash in hand and get to the Wal-Mart and buy their albums when they come out. :)

Sorry Godfather....you have no power here!!:p

Adidas410s
05-21-2008, 10:33 AM
David Archuleta was better last night...but he has no staying power as a singer. He's a Clay Aiken type that is good with slow ballads but that's it. I could totally see him seeing music for Disney movies...but that's about it. He was better last night because he did 3 songs that 100% fit his niche.

David Cook is a musician/artist that isn't afraid to take chances and expand his range. I thought Simon was wrong when he said DC should've done Billy Jean again last night. If he's trying to win the contest...then yes stick to your niche. However, he played songs that fit his style (when possible) and gave the viewers a sampling of the type of record he'd put out.

For those that are Idol conspiracy theorists (see the Daughtry debacle)...you would've thought that the judges would've pushed David Cook so they at least have a chance at a successful winner this season. However it was nice to see them give their honest opinions. It added a little bit of integrity back to a show that I've questioned the authenticity of the voting on in the past...albeit as a casual follower.

Ranger Mom
05-21-2008, 10:39 AM
I saw an interview last week (can't remember who it was now...but it was related to AI)....anyway, they said out of all the winners (including whoever wins this season) the only one they think that will even be around in 20 years is Carrie Underwood.

Adidas410s
05-21-2008, 11:07 AM
I saw an interview last week (can't remember who it was now...but it was related to AI)....anyway, they said out of all the winners (including whoever wins this season) the only one they think that will even be around in 20 years is Carrie Underwood.
Sounds reasonable enough. Daughtry can have staying power of 5 years or so...but he'll eventually go along the lines of a Creed or Fuel. They'll have their few albums but eventually they all sound the same and people move on.

kaorder1999
05-21-2008, 11:09 AM

what? are the other ones sick?

kust kidding! But....a 20 -plus year music career is a LONG career by anyones standards isnt it?

Ranger Mom
05-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
what? are the other ones sick?

kust kidding! But....a 20 -plus year music career is a LONG career by anyones standards isnt it?

Yeah...but those country singers seem to have that kind of longevity.

What has Kelly Clarkson done lately?? Reuben Studdard is a gospel singer, I think. Fantasia Boreno is on broadway.
Carrie Underwood is still going strong. Taylor Hicks who?? Until Jordin Sparks sang on AI with that guy (whoever he was) I hadn't heard anything about her.

kaorder1999
05-21-2008, 12:11 PM
the only time Archuleta changes his facial expression on the show is when he is singing. Any other time he looks the same...like a dang robot