PDA

View Full Version : SportsCenter to air live in mornings

kepdawg
05-14-2008, 03:59 PM
LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3393816)

SportsCenter isn't near as good as it once was, but it will be nice to have updated, live shows in the morning.

Emerson1
05-14-2008, 04:00 PM
I heard Jonathan Coachman is going to sign on with ESPN for this.

He is way better than anyone they have right now

Emerson1
05-14-2008, 04:01 PM
They need to cut out anything that isn't game highlights. I had to sit for 10 minutes of barry bonds crap to find out who won the SA/NO game.

Sweetwater Red
05-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3393816)

SportsCenter isn't near as good as it once was, but it will be nice to have updated, live shows in the morning.

Did you like it when Craig Kilbourn, Dan Patrick, and Keith Oberman were on there?

kepdawg
05-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Did you like it when Craig Kilbourn, Dan Patrick, and Keith Oberman were on there?

I though Patrick and Olbermann were great on SportsCenter. The show was a lot more about the highlights back then as well.

coach
05-14-2008, 04:37 PM
i miss stuart scott, kenny mayne, scott eisen(sp), linda cohn, and chris berman

TexasHSFootball
05-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I heard Jonathan Coachman is going to sign on with ESPN for this.

He is way better than anyone they have right now
According to ESPN personnel, Hannah Storm is the only non-ESPN hire they will have for the nine-hour block of SportsCenter. It is not yet determined as to who her partner will be as it is not determined which other anchors will be added to the morning blocks.

maestro
05-14-2008, 10:00 PM
agreed.....sportscenter made its mark by showing highlites that no one else could...in a time frame that networks could not...

now...

investigative reporting..........

eagles_victory
05-15-2008, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
They need to cut out anything that isn't game highlights. I had to sit for 10 minutes of barry bonds crap to find out who won the SA/NO game. ever heard of espnews?

g$$
05-15-2008, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I though Patrick and Olbermann were great on SportsCenter. The show was a lot more about the highlights back then as well.

And Kenny Mayne & Craig Kilbourn too. John Anderson is pretty funny. I watch more ESPNews now or Fox Final Score to get quick updates & scores. SC is not what it used to be IMO.