PDA

View Full Version : Austin Restaurants

mistanice
05-14-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm sure we've had this discussion plenty of times, but about ten of us (groomsmen) are going to be in Austin this Saturday and wondering where we could have good food and a good time.

And has anyone been to the Yellow Rose? We may stop by there as well lol.

rockdale80
05-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
I'm sure we've had this discussion plenty of times, but about ten of us (groomsmen) are going to be in Austin this Saturday and wondering where we could have good food and a good time.

Eddie V's is a good place for a bachelor dinner.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Do you want nice place? Rambunctious?

Big Steaks? More for drinks than food?

Scenery outside? Scenery...inside:devil: ?

Lots of good options for a bachelor party. Just depends on what you're looking for, and how much you want to spend.

crzyjournalist03
05-14-2008, 03:04 PM
The County Line...eat there...don't ask questions...just do it!

BreckTxLonghorn
05-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The County Line...eat there...don't ask questions...just do it!

If you're going to do barbecue, do it right and do Salt Lick. There is no argument to this.

Daddy D 11
05-14-2008, 03:30 PM
DANS Hamburgers:)

Shotlz Beer Garden (Spelling?) Great food and atmosphere.

3rd Base Sports Bar on 6th Street is great too! Tons of TVs.

pirate4state
05-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
If you're going to do barbecue, do it right and do Salt Lick. There is no argument to this. :2thumbsup

Ranger Mom
05-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
DANS Hamburgers:)

Shotlz Beer Garden (Spelling?) Great food and atmosphere.

3rd Base Sports Bar on 6th Street is great too! Tons of TVs.

We tried to find someplace to eat on 6th street and we couldn't hardly find any place to go in because my daughter wasn't 21!!

Daddy D 11
05-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We tried to find someplace to eat on 6th street and we couldn't hardly find any place to go in because my daughter wasn't 21!!

This place you can go in, atleast i went in and they didnt say anything, and im not 21:p

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 03:38 PM

The only bad thing about 6th street is you don't know whether to say yes maam or yes sir when addressing someone, because of all the cross dressers and transvestites. Freaks are the majority down there. Go to the County Line. Real People - Real Food!

Daddy D 11
05-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
The only bad thing about 6th street is you don't know whether to say yes maam or yes sir when addressing someone, because of all the cross dressers and transvestites. Freaks are the majority down there. Go to the County Line. Real People - Real Food!

Sad but true. Crackheads are also the norm:smoker:

Ranger Mom
05-14-2008, 03:40 PM
This place you can go in, atleast i went in and they didnt say anything, and im not 21:p

We only found one place that served alcohol that would let her in....and I think they were desperate....as we were the only ones in there!! LOL

We paid $12 for 3 12 oz Bud Lights from some outdoor vendor.

At the bar that let my daughter in, we got 3 longnecks (1 Coors light, 2 bud lights) for $4.50 TOTAL!!!:eek: :eek:

You can bet anytime we got thirsty, we went back there!!:D :D

rockdale80
05-14-2008, 03:40 PM

What part of downtown are you going to. I mean if you are dancing at Rain with your shirt off, but that is way off base from any time I have been to 6th.

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
What part of downtown are you going to. I mean if you are dancing at Rain with your shirt off, but that is way off base from any time I have been to 6th.

Maybe I talked to you? .....sir?........maam?...............:wave:

Daddy D 11
We only found one place that served alcohol that would let her in....and I think they were desperate....as we were the only ones in there!! LOL

We paid $12 for 3 12 oz Bud Lights from some outdoor vendor.

At the bar that let my daughter in, we got 3 longnecks (1 Coors light, 2 bud lights) for $4.50 TOTAL!!!:eek: :eek:

You can bet anytime we got thirsty, we went back there!!:D :D

Dang...do they sell to minors?;) jk jk

Ranger Mom

That was the funnest part!! I don't get to see many weirdos where I live!!

I got cussed at on one end of the block and preached at on the other....in between I saw Leslie, a dude that had leprosy, or something:eek: :eek: , and a guy asking me if I would give him some change so his "girl" could eat tonight....while she sat at his feet smoking a cigarette and playing the guitar!!

Daddy D 11
05-14-2008, 03:43 PM
That was the funnest part!! I don't get to see many weirdos where I live!!

I got cussed at on one of the block and preached at on the other....in between I saw Leslie, a dude that had leprosy, or something:eek: :eek: , and a guy asking me if I would give him some change so his "girl" could eat tonight....while she sat at his feet smoking a cigarette and playing the guitar!!

Leslie is an Austin legend:clap:

He's normal:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
05-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Leslie is an Austin legend:clap:

He's normal:rolleyes:

I tried to get a pic of him....but I was too far away at the time. I did get to see him.....um, I heard he prefers to be called "her....bellydance!!:)

hookandladder
05-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Bone Daddy's, check out their web site. Great Steak's and drink's also.

SWMustang
05-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Bone Daddy's, check out their web site. Great Steak's and drink's also.

excellent bachelor party choice.

rockdale80
05-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
excellent bachelor party choice.

Agreed. I forget about that place until I go there, and then I cant stop thinking about it. They even have an upstairs specifically for bachelor parties.

mistanice
05-14-2008, 05:01 PM
thanks for all the replies

STANG RED
05-14-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by mistanice

It's been several years, but I know the Yellow Rose was very nice back then. So was the Red Rose. And not a tatoo one in sight. Just pure smooth bare skin. It was very nice. But like I said, thats been several years ago. It may have changed a lot since then.
And there's a pretty good steak house right there pretty close, but on the other side of the street. I cant recall the name, but it's in a very old building and has very little parking around it. But the steaks are tasty, and the beer is cold.:D

Additup
05-14-2008, 06:39 PM
The Tilted Kilt in Round Rok is a great start.
http://www.tiltedkilt.com

jason
05-14-2008, 07:25 PM
try a place called 'sugars' - i went to a bachelor party there once...

rockdale80
05-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Additup
The Tilted Kilt in Round Rok is a great start.
http://www.tiltedkilt.com

Or Twin Peaks. Right by Tilted Kilt and Hooters. All three right beside my work...:D

g$$
05-15-2008, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
If you're going to do barbecue, do it right and do Salt Lick. There is no argument to this.

Agreed on bbq above. Yes, I have been to the Yellow Rose. Typical t-bar & nice scenery.

Chuy's
Z Tejas
Threadgill's (more family oriented though)
Kirby Lane (late night/early AM)
Eddie V's
etc.

Can't go wrong in Austin, have fun. Just don't get arrested...

Hit 6th Street after a good meal, end up at Yellow Rose, then Kirby Lane for the late night munchies! Sleep it off & head home.