PDA

View Full Version : New Season Resolutions

kepdawg
05-14-2008, 12:33 PM
I thought about waiting until closer to the season to do this, but decided to go ahead with it now. The concept is very simple. As the new season approaches you should make a new season resolution, similar to a new year resolution many people make at the beginning of each new year. I will start.

My new season resolution is to be nice to all people from Celina, not just the ones I like!

GreenMonster
05-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Win more than 1 game.

RedWhiteBlue
05-14-2008, 01:31 PM
I resolve to not to wear anything purple (I know I can keep that one!!!!:D )

3ABirdMan
05-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Win more than 1 game.

Why set your goals so high?

After last year, for Bridge City,

WIN ONE GAME! :D

garciap77
05-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I resolve to not to wear anything purple (I know I can keep that one!!!!:D )
Not to run up the score on RedWhiteBlue's team. And eat at "The Hole In The Wall" if it's reopened!:p ;) :D

RedWhiteBlue
05-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Not to run up the score on RedWhiteBlue's team. And eat at "The Hole In The Wall" if it's reopened!:p ;) :D
Not sure which team you might be referring to, but I'm sure any and all would appreciate your not running up the score!! And yes, they have reopened under a new name, "Kountry Kitchen". Not the same folks, though. I haven't tried their cuisine. I'm sure it is great! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sweetwater Red
05-14-2008, 01:50 PM
No resolutions here. By making a resolution you're admitting
you are doing something that you know you shouldn't.:thinking:

RedWhiteBlue
05-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I resolutions here. By making a resolution you're admitting
you are doing something that you know you shouldn't.:thinking:
You are absolutely right. I know I shouldn't wear purple and therefore, vow to not do it in the next year or football season. I vow to only wear red or blue or something like that.......
Wait, I have another one.... I won't do any bulldog cheers, either.:cheerl: :cheerl:

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 02:28 PM
I resolve to not to wear anything purple (I know I can keep that one!!!!:D ) I guess you won't be going to watch any ACU sporting events and supporting some former Graham Steers?:D

RedWhiteBlue
05-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I guess you won't be going to watch any ACU sporting events and supporting some former Graham Steers?:D
Can't I support them and not wear purple?:thinking:

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Can't I support them and not wear purple?:thinking: Only if you consider yourself a Pseudo supporter:D This would make you AN athletic supporter.

crzyjournalist03
05-14-2008, 02:49 PM
I resolve to go to at least one high school football game this year after having a two year hiatus.

Ranger Mom
05-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I resolve to go to at least one high school football game this year after having a two year hiatus.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

crzyjournalist03
05-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I know...I really don't have an excuse for last year other than I had just started a new job and was in the process of buying a house and moving, but two years ago, I was doing radio work on a ridiculously unfunded and unprepared high school football show.

waterboy
05-14-2008, 02:57 PM
I pledge to watch as many Buckeye games I can. Only missed 1 out of 15 games last year, the Roosevelt game.:mad: Had to work.:mad:

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I pledge to watch as many Buckeye games I can. Only missed 1 out of 15 games last year, the Roosevelt game.:mad: Had to work.:mad:

Ohio St. played 15 games last year:doh: and boy, your expense account must be huge:D

nobogey72
05-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I thought about waiting until closer to the season to do this, but decided to go ahead with it now. The concept is very simple. As the new season approaches you should make a new season resolution, similar to a new year resolution many people make at the beginning of each new year. I will start.

My new season resolution is to be nice to all people from Celina, not just the ones I like!

I have several:

1. Dont be a smartass, unless provoked or just feel like it.

2. Don't make fun of opponent's cheerleaders on radio.

3. Quit jacking with Black_Magic, until after we beat them

4. Quit making fun of Black_Magic's "alternative lifestyle"
(unless perfect opportunity arises)

waterboy
05-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Ohio St. played 15 games last year:doh: and boy, your expense account must be huge:D
Yeah, my expense account is huge. Wait a minute........since when did Ohio St. start playing in orange and black?:D These were just 14-17 year olds, too. They were as big as college players, though. But they still didn't beat those pesky little purple cats.:dispntd: :mad: :D

Bull's-eye
05-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Get past the 1st round of the playoffs and eat more popcorn. :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

jason
05-14-2008, 04:21 PM
go on another road trip...

BobcatBenny
05-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by jason
go on another road trip...
Heck that is not a resolution. That is just fiscal responsibility! :)

And I promise to not start any more threads that have a link to a site that starts with three "w"s, then a dot, then the words "men are better than women" without the spaces, then a dot and a "com" again. :D