PDA

View Full Version : These are what I call fans...

trojan37
05-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Southlake Carroll season tickets go on sale tomorrow....people are camped out to be the first ones to grab em'.

Carroll Dragons campout (http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/641093.html)

bulldogbark
05-13-2008, 11:53 PM
$165 for season tickets...does that come with a free bag of popcorn?:eek:

kepdawg
05-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
$165 for season tickets...does that come with a free bag of popcorn?:eek:

I think Jasper has the best deal around!

bulldogbark
05-13-2008, 11:58 PM
I think my three seats 5 games runs me $75 I am trying to get another three more for this year, leg stretching room:)

bulldogbark
05-13-2008, 11:59 PM
do they have student seating? what is that, about $30 bucks a game. Hold on I forget who we are talking about here:D

Trashman
05-14-2008, 03:32 AM
Our season tickets are $30.00 per year, no charge for parking unless you want a reserved space and no seat license? Thank God I live in West Texas!:cool:

garciap77
05-14-2008, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
Southlake Carroll season tickets go on sale tomorrow....people are camped out to be the first ones to grab em'.

Carroll Dragons campout (http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/641093.html)

Sad! Not good for high school football!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 08:44 AM
I think Wylie season tickets have gone up for season tickets. I think it use to be 6$ a game and the price would be multiplied by how many home games there were. Last year I think they up the price to 7$ per home game. Not a bad deal. There have not been any season tickets available for years. Part of the stadium remodeling will include increasing the season ticket section by 1200 and a new pressbox. This will not happen until phase two, which is next year, but I know the administration is already trying to figure out how to handle the nightmare of the politics that will be involved in the selling of the 1200 new season tickets. They will be the best seats in the house and my guess is that a lot of the present season ticket holders ( me including) will want to upgrade. This will be interesting to say the least.

Phase one is already under way. New field turf and increasing visitors seating.:thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
05-14-2008, 08:56 AM
After being a season ticket holder for the past 10 years, I gave mine up last year.

We were being surrounded more and more by anal people complaining about us standing up, yelling, etc.

Yep STR, you read it right....I, Ranger Mom, prefer the "cheap seats"

bulldogbark
05-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Ok I got a dumb question , what does it mean to have a licence for your seat. Educate a poor East Tx Football fan here:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
05-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Ok I got a dumb question , what does it mean to have a licence for your seat. Educate a poor East Tx Football fan here:thinking:
I am probably wrong, but it sounds like the $165 gives you the "rights" for first purchase the next 3 seasons.

Ranger Mom
05-14-2008, 09:04 AM

This West Texan needs to be educate also!!:confused: :confused:

CenTexSports
05-14-2008, 09:10 AM
I think this can only be done at schools that always sell out their season tickets. It is basically a tax (or you could call it a contribution) on your right to buy tickets for that schools games. As long as there is a waiting list of people that want to buy a season ticket they can charge this fee. It is the same at UT and A&M. If I remember correctly the fee is between $10,000 and $25,000 at UT just to get the right to buy season tickets.

blowfish
05-14-2008, 10:11 AM
I bought my Wylie 2008 Season Tickets yesterday. I have 7 seats this year. Last year I had 9 but decided to get rid of 2 this year since I dont have a Varsity kid for next year.

Two years ago the price was $5.00 per game. Last year (2007) the raised the price to $7.00. If you have ever tried to find a seat in the non reserved area of Bulldog Stadium $7.00 is a steal.

I wish we had the ability to purchase season parking with assigned spots but right now that isnt an option. I look forword to the new construction at the Stadium.

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
I bought my Wylie 2008 Season Tickets yesterday. I have 7 seats this year. Last year I had 9 but decided to get rid of 2 this year since I dont have a Varsity kid for next year.

Two years ago the price was $5.00 per game. Last year (2007) the raised the price to $7.00. If you have ever tried to find a seat in the non reserved area of Bulldog Stadium $7.00 is a steal.

I wish we had the ability to purchase season parking with assigned spots but right now that isnt an option. I look forword to the new construction at the Stadium.

No doubt it is a great bargain, I wish they could somehow add a 3$ per game parking pass to the season ticket. I know that too is a polical nightmare, but with phase one of the renovations they are going to improve and add some parking. Is should be nice and solve a lot of the present problems. If they were ever going to include a parking pass, NOW is the time while there are already changes being made.

The overcrowded and parking shortage is a really good problem to have though:D

Emerson1
05-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Sad! Not good for high school football!:mad: :mad: :mad:
I saw something on the news about how they started to struggle to pay for the stadium because of Robin Hood