PDA

View Full Version : aggie baseball

DU_stud04
05-13-2008, 10:32 PM
did they forget the players in college station today? i dont want to believe the 16-8 score uta put up on them. granted....uta has won about 3 times as many games as they did last year.... c'mon aggies!

Astrosdawg07
05-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
did they forget the players in college station today? i dont want to believe the 16-8 score uta put up on them. granted....uta has won about 3 times as many games as they did last year.... c'mon aggies!

UTA also beat UT this year...

GreenMonster
05-13-2008, 11:01 PM
A&M did just get out of a 3 day war in Lincoln, Nebraska with the #3 team in the nation that they were 3 outs away from an all out sweep. Give them a little bit of a break.

Necks_Fan
05-13-2008, 11:27 PM
How's Neck_06 doing? I heard he pitched the other day and got tagged with the loss so he was mad.

Any stats?

DU_stud04
05-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
UTA also beat UT this year... i know. i laughed :D (i go to uta)

DU_stud04
05-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
A&M did just get out of a 3 day war in Lincoln, Nebraska with the #3 team in the nation that they were 3 outs away from an all out sweep. Give them a little bit of a break. true.... true.

g$$
05-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Gotta regroup. Still up on NEB & OK State with 3 games to play. Texas & A&M square off this weekend (1 in Austin, 2 in CS).

Losing mid-week games happens in college baseball. DBU has beaten Rice twice this season. Texas has lost to UTA & UTSA, among others. Tuesday's loss to UTA was A&M's 2nd mid-week loss of year (other was Rice).

What concerns me more than anythying is all the unearned runs. Defense has really let us down lately. Too many walks, WP, & PB too. That is just bad baseball.

Childress will get them ready for the weekend. I sure hope so - I'm going Sat. to CS for the Texas game & want to see us hoist the Big 12 Champs trophy!

g$$
05-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
How's Neck_06 doing? I heard he pitched the other day and got tagged with the loss so he was mad.

Any stats?

He pitched a little last night too. He had a rough day Sunday & defense behind him didn't help either (runs were unearned). Walks & WP have been an issue.

www.aggieathletics.com
go to baseball
click stats

He's 4-1 w/ a 3.19 ERA last I looked. Hank Robertson is out for year w/ injury, so bullpen arms are desperately needed to help Starling & Thebeau. Chambless may be able to contribute now. Going to be interesting down the stretch.

BwdLions
05-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
UTA also beat UT this year...

Not that bad.

g$$
05-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Not that bad.

A&M was the first NCAA D1 team to 40 wins, will win the Big 12 this weekend, & is in the running for a top 8 national seed. I'll take that over a Tuesday night game hangover loss after NEB.

Let's see what Texas does this weekend vs. us...

:)

Reds fan
05-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Gotta regroup. Still up on NEB & OK State with 3 games to play. Texas & A&M square off this weekend (1 in Austin, 2 in CS).

Losing mid-week games happens in college baseball. DBU has beaten Rice twice this season. Texas has lost to UTA & UTSA, among others. Tuesday's loss to UTA was A&M's 2nd mid-week loss of year (other was Rice).

What concerns me more than anythying is all the unearned runs. Defense has really let us down lately. Too many walks, WP, & PB too. That is just bad baseball.

Childress will get them ready for the weekend. I sure hope so - I'm going Sat. to CS for the Texas game & want to see us hoist the Big 12 Champs trophy!

Should be a fun weekend in CS, A&M-UT baseball and Softball Regionals!!! Gig 'em!

g$$
05-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Should be a fun weekend in CS, A&M-UT baseball and Softball Regionals!!! Gig 'em!

Absolutely, looking forward to both.

Gig 'em

NastySlot
05-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by g$$
A&M was the first NCAA D1 team to 40 wins, will win the Big 12 this weekend, & is in the running for a top 8 national seed. I'll take that over a Tuesday night game hangover from NEB.

Let's see what Texas does this weekend vs. us...& tonight vs. DBU (whom we beat 2/3).

:)

i think texas has a double header v. alabama a&m today.

g$$
05-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i think texas has a double header v. alabama a&m today.

You're right. DBU had to change (they rained out vs. Texas earlier in year) because they played Tech in a DH yesterday, & they play conference this weekend.

My fault, you are correct after the change. Texas better win both of those games now!