05-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Hates the Spurs, lol.

Gobbla2001
05-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Yah, we don't like that guy either...

Old Tiger
05-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Yah, we don't like that guy either... aint that the damn truth!

Gobbla2001
05-13-2008, 10:28 PM
wonder what just happened there... when you pass the ball when your butt is out of bounds? maybe gave 'em that instead of calling a foul of Thomas... I dunno... :thinking:

HippoBaseball05
05-13-2008, 11:05 PM
The play before Duncan just slammed it home, T.D. was cross checked right in front of him which resulted in a three onthe other end.

How he is allowed near a Spurs playoff game is incredible.

Necks_Fan
05-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Joey Crawford is an idiot.

HippoBaseball05
05-13-2008, 11:15 PM
...that the Hornets fans have latched onto a wrestler's catch phrase as a chant?

Sometimes I swear the N.B.A. has taken that format with its officiating and making series last longer than they should by altering the outcomes of games.

(And yes, I'm saying FOR the Spurs as well)

bandera7
05-14-2008, 01:19 AM
The only reason to let Crawford anywhere near a Spurs game is for publicity. He is a Spurs hater to an extreme, and should stay away from the Spurs, period. But, the NBA doesnt want the spurs going on much longer. They dont do crazy slam dunks or talk alot of trash, so nobody watches them outside of their fans.

LH Panther Mom
05-14-2008, 05:55 AM
Wait.......when did his suspension get lifted? :confused:

NVM.....found it. :doh: :doh:

g$$
05-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Joey Crawford is an idiot.

He's actually a darn good ref with a terrible temper, thus the problems he has had in the past. He doesn't take any BS & never has. Players in the past have always praised him because he is unaffected by home crowds & coaches. He has been regarded for years by NBA people as one of the top 3 refs in the league.

His brother Gerry is a MLB umpire & very good too. Their dad was also an umpire.

And yes, I know what happened last year w/ Duncan, etc. He served his suspension & is back.

kaorder1999
05-14-2008, 10:08 AM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0417/duncancartoon.jpg

Macarthur
05-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by g$$
He's actually a darn good ref with a terrible temper, thus the problems he has had in the past. He doesn't take any BS & never has. Players in the past have always praised him because he is unaffected by home crowds & coaches. He has been regarded for years by NBA people as one of the top 3 refs in the league.

His brother Gerry is a MLB umpire & very good too. Their dad was also an umpire.

And yes, I know what happened last year w/ Duncan, etc. He served his suspension & is back.

My issue with him and some other officials in other sports is that they forget that people don't pay their money to see the refs. They pay to see players. Too many of these guys have way too big of an ego, and Crawford is one of the worst.

Phil C
05-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by g$$

ALAS! ALAS! SURELY THERE WILL BE HAPPIER DAYS THAN THESE!

:(

Phil C
05-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Say isn't he originally from Victoria, Texas? :)

JasperDog94
05-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
My issue with him and some other officials in other sports is that they forget that people don't pay their money to see the refs. They pay to see players. Too many of these guys have way too big of an ego, and Crawford is one of the worst. So he should just allow the big names to get away with fouls because "that's who people paid to see"?

Macarthur
05-14-2008, 12:55 PM
that's not what i said.

he is way too confrontational.

Necks_Fan
05-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by g$$

And yes, I know what happened last year w/ Duncan, etc. He served his suspension & is back. I don't like him or the bulk of his calls.

He seems way too bias at times. It's just a peronsal opinion though.