SintonFan_inAustin
05-13-2008, 10:33 PM
7 when the Astros stroll into town Friday :D

michaelp23
05-14-2008, 08:28 AM
It seems like they've been playing the Mariners for a month now! :confused:

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-14-2008, 08:32 AM
its all for not ppl. you know how they play at ameriquest stadium...thye go hard until the break, then they go home. can we PLEASE start a petition to have "TEXAS" removed from their namesake, or throw them away or something? they are plain embarrassing.

c-town_balla
05-14-2008, 08:57 AM
well since normally they are terrible prebreak and then a solid .500 or above after I don't see where you would get a young team with alot of potential would quit.

bullfrog_alumni_02
05-14-2008, 09:01 AM
it doesnt matter. they will never be a solid team.

crzyjournalist03
05-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
it doesnt matter. they will never be a solid team.

wow...never? I'd be willing to put my life savings on that.

c-town_balla
05-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Im also willing to bet a fair sum that this will be a .500 or above team this year and playoffs next year

BreckTxLonghorn
05-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Im also willing to bet a fair sum that this will be a .500 or above team this year and playoffs next year

Don't know if I'd bet that, maybe for a .500 team within 2 or 3 years. However, it will take leaps and bounds to make playoffs with a division containing the Angels and A's. Pretty much only the champion makes playoffs, as AL East takes the Wild Card every year.

Still, the team is making progress. Started hot, went ice cold, and are now looking at getting steady; let's hope for the best.

Sweetwater Red
05-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Rangers win AGAIN!!

Ya'll got any room on the band wagon?:weeping:

c-town_balla
05-14-2008, 02:23 PM
I've always been on the bandwagon....

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Since the rangers injuries mounted and brought up some players they have taken off and winning series. Some of them are about ready to come back when the Astros series start. I was wondering should they break up the chemistry that these players brought and start the players that are the regular starters. exp: Blalock is set to come back but Vasquez is doing a great job at 3rd, Byrd also set to comeback and Boggs been playing great also.

crzyjournalist03
05-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Since the rangers injuries mounted and brought up some players they have taken off and winning series. Some of them are about ready to come back when the Astros series start. I was wondering should they break up the chemistry that these players brought and start the players that are the regular starters. exp: Blalock is set to come back but Vasquez is doing a great job at 3rd, Byrd also set to comeback and Boggs been playing great also.

Byrd was activated today and Metcalf was sent down prior to the start of the game...who goes when Blalock comes back this weekend will be interesting.

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Byrd was activated today and Metcalf was sent down prior to the start of the game...who goes when Blalock comes back this weekend will be interesting.
Maybe Blalock should go, he would make great trade value for someone. Not that I'm a big Blalock hater but I've been very impress with Ramon, not just these pass to weeks but even last year. And on top of that, after the comments that Micheal Young has made about Ramon the last couple of days it sounds to me like he and Kinsler would rather have Ramon at third base too.:D

Hate to break up some real good carma right now.

crzyjournalist03
05-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Speaking of Vazquez...he's coming up with the bases loaded and one out in the seventh inning with Texas down by a run.

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Speaking of Vazquez...he's coming up with the bases loaded and one out in the seventh inning with Texas down by a run.

I know, I'm listening to it on the radio. Shelton just missed a three run homer:foul:

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Speaking of Vazquez...he's coming up with the bases loaded and one out in the seventh inning with Texas down by a run. :D yep, only thing going wrong with the rangers this week is the bullpen is getting hit around some.

crzyjournalist03
05-14-2008, 03:05 PM
:D yep, only thing going wrong with the rangers this week is the bullpen is getting hit around some.

Did you see Guardado last night? He looked like he was in his prime in Minnesota again!

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 03:05 PM

OK crzy, tell me what you really think about the Blalock situation facing the Rangers?

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Byrd pinch hitting for Vasquez. Hasn't batted since 4/16

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2008, 03:07 PM
that tells u washington still behind his regular starters. :(

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2008, 03:10 PM
wow, pinch hit for the guy hitting .333 with a .125 hitter this year.

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 03:12 PM
You mean irregular starters. Byrd just grounded into Double Play. Should have left Vasquez in, at least he probably could have sac flied the tying run home. I know hind site it 20/20 but Ramon has been there most consistant and best player the last two weeks. Ride'em until he hits the wall.

Back to Blalock, he has missed almost a full year of action going back to last year. Great talent, but injury prone and to streaky of a hitter for me. Wouldn't bother me one bit if they traded him.

crzyjournalist03
05-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
OK crzy, tell me what you really think about the Blalock situation facing the Rangers?

You absolutely can't trade him right now...his value is at an all-time low. IF the Rangers want to move him, they need him to come back and rake until July; then you can get a good ransom for him. He was having an All-Star start to the season before the injury, and has been brilliant since returning from surgery last season.

Vazquez is a good utility player, but he's not everyday material. He's hot right now, but he was also hitting below .200 two weeks ago. I liked what Evan Grant mentioned on the DMN page today--use Vazquez two or three times per week in the infield, giving the other guys a day off in the field to DH. Don't get me wrong, Vazquez is a nice player, but there are probably 50 players just like him in the majors right now. It's not worth moving a guy who's top 10 in the league at his position when healthy for a guy who brings "energy and enthusiasm" to the field.

I really believe that Blalock can be a middle of the lineup force for this team for the next 5-7 years. He's got a ridiculous average of about .500 when hitting in the ninth inning over the last couple of years.

I think Boggs may be the guy to get shipped out when Blalock returns. He had an amazing start to his career, but he's really struggled over the last week now that teams are starting to get some tape on him...his average has dropped about 100 points in a week. Let him go back to AAA...he's going to be hungry to get back...if Byrd or Catalanotto struggles, the Rangers will either release or trade them and make room for Boggs again.

Txbroadcaster
05-14-2008, 03:16 PM
BAD BAD BAD move PH Byrd

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 03:21 PM
You absolutely can't trade him right now...his value is at an all-time low. IF the Rangers want to move him, they need him to come back and rake until July; then you can get a good ransom for him. He was having an All-Star start to the season before the injury, and has been brilliant since returning from surgery last season.

Vazquez is a good utility player, but he's not everyday material. He's hot right now, but he was also hitting below .200 two weeks ago. I liked what Evan Grant mentioned on the DMN page today--use Vazquez two or three times per week in the infield, giving the other guys a day off in the field to DH. Don't get me wrong, Vazquez is a nice player, but there are probably 50 players just like him in the majors right now. It's not worth moving a guy who's top 10 in the league at his position when healthy for a guy who brings "energy and enthusiasm" to the field.

I really believe that Blalock can be a middle of the lineup force for this team for the next 5-7 years. He's got a ridiculous average of about .500 when hitting in the ninth inning over the last couple of years.

I think Boggs may be the guy to get shipped out when Blalock returns. He had an amazing start to his career, but he's really struggled over the last week now that teams are starting to get some tape on him...his average has dropped about 100 points in a week. Let him go back to AAA...he's going to be hungry to get back...if Byrd or Catalanotto struggles, the Rangers will either release or trade them and make room for Boggs again.

Not going to disagree with anything you said. I am one of those who is a firm believer that good chemistry is more important and usually wins out over talent. Micheal Young and Ian Kinsler have publically praised Vasquez the past couple of days for being a dependable defensive player and someone they felt like they could count on. Those kinds of statements say a lot in my opinion. Heck, I've always been a big Blalock fan. I also realize that there's noway that Boggs and Duran were going to be able to sustain the pace they were setting and that eventually they would run into this decision. I just have become a Huge Vasquez fan and don't want to see him moved back to the bench.

crzyjournalist03
05-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
BAD BAD BAD move PH Byrd

Vazquez did make an error leading to two unearned runs accounting for the team's deficit today.

crzyjournalist03
05-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Not going to disagree with anything you said. I am one of those who is a firm believer that good chemistry is more important and usually wins out over talent. Micheal Young and Ian Kinsler have publically praised Vasquez the past couple of days for being a dependable defensive player and someone they felt like they could count on. Those kinds of statements say a lot in my opinion. Heck, I've always been a big Blalock fan. I also realize that there's noway that Boggs and Duran were going to be able to sustain the pace they were setting and that eventually they would run into this decision. I just have become a Huge Vasquez fan and don't want to see him moved back to the bench.

wow...I'd forgotten Duran was even on the roster...I think he may get sent down over Boggs. Duran hasn't offered much at the plate.

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm going to make the call. Hamilton will deliever at least a sac fly.:thumbsup: :cheerl:

Txbroadcaster
05-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Vazquez did make an error leading to two unearned runs accounting for the team's deficit today.

so?..please tell me you do not think it was a good move

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Give Blalock a few games in the minors to get his timing back. Biggest Series is this weekend.:D

crzyjournalist03
05-14-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm going to make the call. Hamilton will deliever at least a sac fly.:thumbsup: :cheerl:

Go to mlb.com and scroll down to the league leaders...a little ironic...

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 03:30 PM

Giddy freaking Up! Baby:cheerl:

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2008, 03:30 PM
nobody better according to Tom Greive on bringing the run from 3rd

Rabbit'93
05-14-2008, 03:38 PM
CJ wilson needs a haircut:D

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2008, 03:39 PM
he needs to start pitching like a closer!!!

Rabbit'93
05-14-2008, 03:42 PM
nice fake by doran:rolleyes:

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2008, 03:43 PM
one more out and get out of this jam:)

Rabbit'93
05-14-2008, 03:51 PM
crap

crzyjournalist03
05-14-2008, 03:56 PM
The Rangers will be in good shape in the bottom of the inning if Wright can keep Seattle off the board here.

slpybear the bullfan
05-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Give Blalock a few games in the minors to get his timing back. Biggest Series is this weekend.:D

The Sox and Yankees play this weekend?

That wasn't on the schedule...

:D

crzyjournalist03
05-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Top of the order coming up now...let's get this over with and get the sweep!

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2008, 04:13 PM
:mad: look like it might end it

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
The Sox and Yankees play this weekend?

That wasn't on the schedule...

:D Red Soxs and Yankees better watch out for them Devil Rays ;)

kepdawg
05-14-2008, 04:44 PM
I stopped paying attention and now the Rangers are losing. :(

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2008, 05:10 PM
back to 2 games under .500.