PDA

View Full Version : Fraggle Rock - The Movie

JasperDog94
05-13-2008, 08:50 PM
link (http://buzzsugar.com/1625856)

Guess what? It's time to "Dance your cares away/ Worry's for another day/ Let the music play/ Down at Fraggle Rock!" The Fraggles are back! According to Variety, the Weinsteins are teaming up with Lisa Henson of the Jim Henson Company to bring a live-action, half-human half-puppet Fraggle Rock extravaganza to the big screen. Check it out:

Just like the series, the film will be populated by a mix of human characters and Fraggle Rock puppets. . .Pic will take the core characters Gogo, Wembley, Mokey, Boober and Red outside of their home in Fraggle Rock, where they interact with humans, which they think are aliens. The show premiered on HBO in 1983, ran five seasons and was broadcast in more than 80 countries. It posted strong sales recently when the first three seasons were released on DVD.

Awww! I'm excited about this news for so many reasons, but first and foremost: Hooray for no CGI! It'll be so great to get some good old-fashioned puppets, just like we'll get with Jason Segel's Muppet project. Plus, I can't wait to see some Fraggle musical production numbers choreographed for the big screen — and hopefully accompanied by Gobo on his gourd guitar.

JasperDog94
05-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Sweet. I used to love watching the Fraggles when I was a kid. I bet my daughter will love them just as well. I may even have to check out the DVDs of seasons 1-3.:D :D

Necks_Fan
05-13-2008, 11:07 PM
I had to watch this movie in English class after TAKS was over and it creeped me out. It almost gave me nightmares. Lol.

Those little things are just plain wierd.

:thinking: :D