05-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Stone was Channel's 2 New guy for sev eral years from 60-s80s

He was also the host of The Eyes of Texas

He also did color for Houston Oilers way back when

http://www.click2houston.com/index.html

http://www.click2houston.com/news/15925957/detail.html

g$$
05-13-2008, 07:07 PM
One of my all-time favorites. Had such a genuine & down-home touch to delivering the news. Reminds me of being a kid way before cable tv.

Trademark was "Good night, neighbors."

When he & Ron Franklin did the Houston Oilers' radio broadcasts, they were great on the air (Franklin is who dubbed Earl Campbell the "Tyler Rose"). Ron Stone, Doug Johnson, & Ron Franklin on Channel 2 were the best around for many years.

He followed Ray Miller on Eyes of Texas.

Ron Stone will be missed.

zebrablue2
05-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by g$$
One of my all-time favorites. Had such a genuine & down-home touch to delivering the news. Reminds me of being a kid way before cable tv.

When he & Ron Franklin did the Houston Oilers' radio broadcasts, they were great on the air (Franklin is who dubbed Earl Campbell the "Tyler Rose"). Ron Stone, Doug Johnson, & Ron Franklin on Channel 2 were the best around for many years.

Well put... Stone, Johnson and Franklin were one of the best teams ever. They really enjoyed working as a team. I know it was fun for them to come to work each day.. Stone will be missed.

Reds fan
05-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Those were the days.....sorry to hear about this:(

injuredinmelee
05-13-2008, 11:59 PM
What was the tall brunettes name that used to work on 2 news in like 98-99. Was smoking hot. I cant for the life of me remember what her name was. I want to say she was on the midday and 5 o clock news cast.

Antec
05-14-2008, 07:40 AM
Lisa Malowski-however you spell her last name

Think she was about 6'5"

and very hot

g$$
05-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Antec
Lisa Malowski-however you spell her last name

Think she was about 6'5"

and very hot

She was tall (former basketball player), but not 6' 5". Over 6' though. I never found her attractive at all (horse mouth), but to each his own.

Now, there are some hotties on tv now: Dominique Sachse, Lauren Freeman, & others IMO.

SWMustang
05-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by g$$
She was tall (former basketball player), but not 6' 5". Over 6' though. I never found her attractive at all (horse mouth), but to each his own.

Now, there are some hotties on tv now: Dominique Sachse, Lauren Freeman, & others IMO.

I love me some Dominique! :inlove: Sorry to hear about Ron Stone.