PDA

View Full Version : What have you been whipped with?

Old Tiger
05-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Ranger Mom's thread gave me this idea. The following is my list;

Horse Whip
Switch
Rope
leather strap
Cherry Wood Paddle(in school)
Oak Wood Paddle(in school)
Hand

nobogey72
05-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

Horse Whip
Switch
Rope
leather strap
Hand

the worst thing I was ever whipped with was what my friends were referring to when I spent more time with my girlfriend than I did with them in HS and College. I remember the initials for it were PW. By far the worst whipping I ever got. :inlove: :inlove:

Vrabird
05-13-2008, 05:02 PM
A limb from a peach tree, and you had to go and bring it in to be lashed with. Man did those things sting!!!!

Old Tiger
05-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
the worst thing I was ever whipped with was what my friends were referring to when I spent more time with my girlfriend than I did with them in HS and College. I remember the initials for it were PW. By far the worst whipping I ever got. :inlove: :inlove: Did the whipping last or was it short term? that makes all the difference

Maroon87
05-13-2008, 05:04 PM
LOL..whipped? You mean, like...whipped ?:devil:

Matthew328
05-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Belt
Paddle
Extension Cord
Switch
Spatula
Skillet

Matthew328
05-13-2008, 05:15 PM
the worst thing I was ever whipped with was what my friends were referring to when I spent more time with my girlfriend than I did with them in HS and College. I remember the initials for it were PW. By far the worst whipping I ever got. :inlove: :inlove:

LOL!!

Phantom Stang
05-13-2008, 05:19 PM
I won't say that's the worst kind of whipping I ever got, but it's by FAR the most effective!!:eek:

Maroon87
05-13-2008, 05:26 PM
I mean...what kind of whipped are we talking about here?:D

zebrablue2
05-13-2008, 05:37 PM

Horse Whip
Switch
Rope
leather strap
Hand

bragger...

AP Panther Fan
05-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Spatula
Skillet

speaking of kitchen utensils, I believe another popular one is the ol' wooden spoon...:D

Old Tiger
05-13-2008, 06:10 PM
forgot a couple...

flip flop
spatula
wooden spoon

nobogey72
05-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Did the whipping last or was it short term? that makes all the difference

married 31 yrs to the "whipper". Now, most of my "whippings" are self induced. But, I do get to spend more time with my friends.:D I sure did miss them all those years.;)

g$$
05-13-2008, 06:53 PM
most of my "whippings" are self induced.

Haha, know the feeling.

Extension cords tend to sting a little...

DU_stud04
05-13-2008, 07:05 PM
frying pan
the belt of my choice
fly swatter
chancla
hand
persian girl had me whipped.... so she gos on the list.
4 pairs of timberlands with a few fists.
crow bar

g$$
05-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
[B
chancla
[/B]

??

DU_stud04
05-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by g$$
?? http://www.misnopales.com/chanclabrown2.gif

g$$
05-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Oh, gotcha.

PHS Wildcats
05-13-2008, 07:50 PM
screw driver and hair brush:(

eppy 12
05-13-2008, 07:51 PM
the worst thing I was ever whipped with was what my friends were referring to when I spent more time with my girlfriend than I did with them in HS and College. I remember the initials for it were PW. By far the worst whipping I ever got. :inlove: :inlove: me too bogey!!:cool: :clap:

D_bird
05-13-2008, 07:53 PM
I got it from a dog leash once, I won't ever forget that

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Whatever was handy.

Gobbla2001
05-13-2008, 09:27 PM

Horse Whip
Switch
Rope
leather strap
Hand

my parents bought me a bull-whip in AZ once... of course I got whipped by that once... folded over like a belt...

switch? plenty of times... most memorable was on my way to my aunt's in Arkansas... my two cousins and I were acting up just outside of Texarkana... my aunt made us pull over and go grab three switches...

rope? not sure

leather strap (belt), of freaking course

cherry wood, oak wood, it's all a paddle and yes

hand, yes... my grandmother had what I named "couch-spankings"... lay on the couch and she'd windmill your ass up and down with her hands...

Gobbla2001
05-13-2008, 09:30 PM
I remember I smarted off to my mother at the dinner table once... I was within a foot from her... she threw a piece of cheese at my arm... I said "ooooh that hurt so much... next time throw a fork or something"... don't say that when she has a fork... she poked me in the arm...

we had a very large/long kichten, and I smarted off to my mother just as I was walking out of the back door... she was washing off some dishes... in slow motion I saw a trail of soap drip off the little scrubber/scraper deal she was using... it came flying at me in slow-motion, a long way, and I still couldn't move out of the way I was so in shock... knocked me in the stomache pretty good...

then I was shocked... now I think back and that was just awesome...

good job mom :clap:

nobogey72
05-14-2008, 09:55 AM
I wonder what the "red-headed stepchild" that we always hear about got whipped with.:thinking: :thinking:

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 10:21 AM
I wonder what the "red-headed stepchild" that we always hear about got whipped with.:thinking: :thinking:

Since my closest cousin was a red headed step child I think I can answer that question.

He and I have both been whipped multiple times by....

Belt, Razor Strap, Switch *of all kinds ( Hickory being the worst by far), an old phone cord (ouch), fly swatter ( I love these because they really didn't hurt but sound really bad, lots of acting involved:thumbsup: ), Shoes of all types, and last but not least my grandfather had an old bicycle inner tube that was twisted up and he used duct tape to make a handle on one end. He was pretty good with that bad boy too.

*Can't forget the whippings I got at school with the old fashion board. The worse part was that I got an even worse whipping with one of the utincils previously mentioned when I got home just because I got in trouble at school, "NO QUESTIONS ASKED EITHER" , My parents never called or went up to school to complain or to get clarification. It was my responsibility to act appropriatley at school or suffer the consiquences. I can't thank my parents enough for teaching me responsibility.

Black_Magic
05-14-2008, 10:24 AM
Thorny switch

Ranger Mom
05-14-2008, 10:26 AM
My kids hated the "Paddly Whack" the most....and my oldest son probably got it the most...and that was all of 3 times.....it stung like crazy!!

It was a paddle that I made in which I traced my hand on a piece of board and cut it out..and painted it.

I hadn't seen it in YEARS, a couple of weeks my oldest son was moving a Queen sized bed that I had given him out of the bedroom and when he lifted the mattress off the boxsprings, there was the paddle, dead center under the mattress!!:D :D

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 10:33 AM
HICKORY SWITCH man, I know Ranger Mom can relate to a good ole hickory switch. No there were no thorns, but a hickory switch had about 15 to 20 little knobs left on it from where they stripped the little limbs off. Man, just talking about this makes my legs hurt. My dad would use the switch on my bare legs instead of my calused arse, and everyone new that you had been whipped for the rest of the day because of the whelps it left.

*One other thing -

How many hear can still relate to the sound off a belt clearing the loops as your father was ripping it off of his pants. That was a horrifying sound:foul:

pirate4state
05-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
*One other thing -

How many here can still relate to the sound off a belt clearing the loops as your father was ripping it off of his pants. That was a horrifying sound:foul:

{raises hand} I always wanted to run away when I heard that sound, but learned the hard way to not run away! :D :doh:

The worst thing ever was the dreaded "wait 'til your dad gets home!" :( I'd spend all day being miserable waiting and trying to think of ways to garner sympathy. :devil: Sometimes it worked other times it didn't!

Ranger Mom
05-14-2008, 10:42 AM
HICKORY SWITCH man, I know Ranger Mom can relate to a good ole hickory switch. No there were no thorns, but a hickory switch had about 15 to 20 little knobs left on it from where they stripped the little limbs off. Man, just talking about this makes my legs hurt. My dad would use the switch on my bare legs instead of my calused arse, and everyone new that you had been whipped for the rest of the day because of the whelps it left.

*One other thing -

How many hear can still relate to the sound off a belt clearing the loops as your father was ripping it off of his pants. That was a horrifying sound:foul:

LOL!! And after he ripped it out of his belt loops he would loop the belt in two and then "POP" it!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! And after he ripped it out of his belt loops he would loop the belt in two and then "POP" it!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

This is great for those of use about the same age.

Did you ever get caught laughing at your dad because after the belt cleared the last loop he was in such a hurry to take care of business that he could get control of the lose end and it would look like a snake fly around in the air. It was hard not to giggle, but it did give you a couple of seconds to grab a pillow or shirt laying around in an attempt to use for some kind of protection. It was never a successful effort but it's just human nature to try.

Ranger Mom
05-14-2008, 10:54 AM
This is great for those of use about the same age.

Did you ever get caught laughing at your dad because after the belt cleared the last loop he was in such a hurry to take care of business that he could get control of the lose end and it would look like a snake fly around in the air. It was hard not to giggle, but it did give you a couple of seconds to grab a pillow or shirt laying around in an attempt to use for some kind of protection. It was never a successful effort but it's just human nature to try.

I remember him pulling his belt from the wrong side and the buckle got caught on the first loop and me, my brother and sister couldn't help but laugh!! Fortunately, dad couldn't help but laugh either!

The belt got ripped out WAY more than we got spanked....it was THAT effective.

The ripping of the belt usually came after we had used our alloted quota of...ONE, TWO, THREE!!!:D :D

nobogey72
05-14-2008, 10:55 AM
I'll bet that I got more licks in the 8th grade which was 1967 than anybody in the history of the world. I got so many licks that towards the end of the year, the choir teacher(everybody took choir back then) and I had a deal. I would go in on Mondays and get 5 licks in advance. It was kindof like a pre-paid debit card. Then when I did something he would just hold up a finger meaning... there went one of them. If I could make it till Friday and still have some credit, then I could tear it up. I was a turd. But, that old choir teacher and I are good friends now.:)

Ranger Mom
05-14-2008, 11:02 AM
I'll bet that I got more licks in the 8th grade which was 1967 than anybody in the history of the world. I got so many licks that towards the end of the year, the choir teacher(everybody took choir back then) and I had a deal. I would go in on Mondays and get 5 licks in advance. It was kindof like a pre-paid debit card. Then when I did something he would just hold up a finger meaning... there went one of them. If I could make it till Friday and still have some credit, then I could tear it up. I was a turd. But, that old choir teacher and I are good friends now.:)

My sophomore year, me and another girl somehow ended up being the ONLY girls in my English class....one of the coach's was the teacher.

About 2 months before school ended, the other girl had an attack of appendicitis and was hospitalized, leaving me the ONLY girl in that class.....talk about being picked on!! (Maybe that is why I take it so well these days!!!:D )

I got caught chewing gum in class, and coach Harriman gave me licks....I was supposed to get 3...but he let the guys in class count them!!

I had to stand in front of the class and he had probably given me 6-7 swats before the guys counted 1....I think I probably got about 15 in all by the time they got to 3....and they hurt!!!

Can you imagine if a male teacher tried to do something like that to a female student these days??

I told my mom and dad about when I got home....their comment?? "I bet you wished you had spit that gum out, don't ya??"

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 11:26 AM

Thats so hilarious........Our head football coach taught history ( imagine that ), he use check roll and then pass out a worksheet. He would then usually leave and may not come back until the end of class. He would give me and my best friend a lick at the beginning of class "everyday" just before he left the classroom because he knew the we were going to do something to deserve on while he was gone. We never once complained either, because he would also give us the keys to his pickup sometimes ( after he gave us our licks), and tell us to go feed his hunting dogs during class. I did ask him one time why he gave us licks even on the days we went and fed his dogs. His answer was,...." Son, did you and Neal chew or dip tobacco while ya'll were gone", answer "yes sir" Reply " you know your not suppose to dip or chew on campus unless it's during lunch, and it ain't lunch yet so thats what the lick isd for". One day my buddy answered with "No Sir", just to see what his reaction would be. The End result was .............."Son, thats got to be a lie, so would you boys kindly bend over a take another lick for lying".

I know some of you are wandering where I went to High School. I'm a displaced redneck from Throckmorton. And, yes we were allowed to dip and chew during lunch. Mostly while we pitched washers. There was only 17 people in my graduating class, and our head coach was the only History teacher so I had him for three years.

Ranger Mom
05-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Thats so hilarious........Our head football coach taught history ( imagine that ), he use check roll and then pass out a worksheet. He would then usually leave and may not come back until the end of class. He would give me and my best friend a lick at the beginning of class "everyday" just before he left the classroom because he knew the we were going to do something to deserve on while he was gone. We never once complained either, because he would also give us the keys to his pickup sometimes ( after he gave us our licks), and tell us to go feed his hunting dogs during class. I did ask him one time why he gave us licks even on the days we went and fed his dogs. His answer was,...." Son, did you and Neal chew or dip tobacco while ya'll were gone", answer "yes sir" Reply " you know your not suppose to dip or chew on campus unless it's during lunch, and it ain't lunch yet so thats what the lick isd for". One day my buddy answered with "No Sir", just to see what his reaction would be. The End result was .............."Son, thats got to be a lie, so would you boys kindly bend over a take another lick for lying".

I know some of you are wandering where I went to High School. I'm a displaced redneck from Throckmorton. And, yes we were allowed to dip and chew during lunch. Mostly while we pitched washers. There was only 17 people in my graduating class, and our head coach was the only History teacher so I had him for three years.

We had a breezeway between 2 halls where people could smoke and dip between classes and at lunch!!

It always amazed me that someone would light a cig between class, take a couple of puffs and stick it in the ashtray only to come back between the next class and do the same thing!! That same cigarette would last them the entire morning until they could actually finish it at lunch.....then they would start all over in the afternoon. I never understood how they could tell whose was whose....maybe they just didn't care!!:)

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We had a breezeway between 2 halls where people could smoke and dip between classes and at lunch!!

It always amazed me that someone would light a cig between class, take a couple of puffs and stick it in the ashtray only to come back between the next class and do the same thing!! That same cigarette would last them the entire morning until they could actually finish it at lunch.....then they would start all over in the afternoon. I never understood how they could tell whose was whose....maybe they just didn't care!!:)

Sounds like we came from the same type of little town atmosphere. Here's another one that some of you can relate to but while surprise others. My guess is that 90% of the boys in school drove pickups, and 70% of these pickups had a Gott cooler in the back. And, almost everyone of these coolers had some iced down beverages in them. As long as you weren't stupid enough to pull one out while on school grounds, nobody ever said anything. Even if you did, all that would happen to you is a butt whoppin from the principle, but he would put some extra effort into it because this was considered a serious offense. Now a days you would be getting interviewed on Good Morning American and probably getting offers to right a book about these types of things.

kepdawg
05-14-2008, 11:45 AM
I have been whipped with (in no particular order):

Snyder is the best x-x team in the state

Celina is at a disadvantage because of small enrollment

Region 3 is superior to Region 1

Snyder

Abilene Wylie should be 4A

Gilmer has the most D1 talent in the state, including the D1 schools

Celina has more championships than you :taunt:

Celina's championships don't matter because they weren't 3A

WOS, Jasper, Brownwood, etc... will win state declarations by people with no affiliation to the school

Snyder

Region 4 is disrespected :weeping:

I don't care about Rockdale so they're lack of success is irrelevant to making fun of your school

Texas vs A&M

Dallas Cowboy Thugs

Liberty Hill beat Celina thus negating anything and everything Celina has ever accomplished

Snyder

Celina never plays anyone

Sinton tortillas

Sweetwater's pink endzones

I could go on but you get the idea...

Ranger Mom
05-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Sounds like we came from the same type of little town atmosphere. Here's another one that some of you can relate to but while surprise others. My guess is that 90% of the boys in school drove pickups, and 70% of these pickups had a Gott cooler in the back. And, almost everyone of these coolers had some iced down beverages in them. As long as you weren't stupid enough to pull one out while on school grounds, nobody ever said anything. Even if you did, all that would happen to you is a butt whoppin from the principle, but he would put some extra effort into it because this was considered a serious offense. Now a days you would be getting interviewed on Good Morning American and probably getting offers to right a book about these types of things.

I really don't remember much drinking going on, but sometimes I can be oblivious (I know that is shocking!!)
.....oh, I went to school in Coahoma!!!

nobogey72
05-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I have been whipped with (in no particular order):

Snyder is the best x-x team in the state

Celina is at a disadvantage because of small enrollment

Region 3 is superior to Region 1

Snyder

Abilene Wylie should be 4A

Gilmer has the most D1 talent in the state, including the D1 schools

Celina has more championships than you :taunt:

Celina's championships don't matter because they weren't 3A

WOS, Jasper, Brownwood, etc... will win state declarations by people with no affiliation to the school

Snyder

Region 4 is disrespected :weeping:

I don't care about Rockdale so they're lack of success is irrelevant to making fun of your school

Texas vs A&M

Dallas Cowboy Thugs

Liberty Hill beat Celina thus negating anything and everything Celina has ever accomplished

Snyder

Celina never plays anyone

Sinton tortillas

Sweetwater's pink endzones

I could go on but you get the idea...

I gotcha. Those ol' dreaded mental whippings!!!!

Start a thread and let's get after it. I would but I gotta go to lunch. I'm gonna take my ol' lady out and bend her over the hood of my pickup. (to make her give me my Sam's card back) Not what you were thinking. :tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

Texasfootball2
05-14-2008, 02:17 PM
I gotcha. Those ol' dreaded mental whippings!!!!

Start a thread and let's get after it. I would but I gotta go to lunch. I'm gonna take my ol' lady out and bend her over the hood of my pickup. (to make her give me my Sam's card back) Not what you were thinking. :tisk: :tisk: :tisk:

I was thinking maybe about a.....................Nooner?:thinking:

Silverback 04
05-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Water hose, with the water running. Hurt like hell and got me and my Dad soaked. The wetter he got, the madder he got, the more I got.

Crow22
05-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Wire coathanger is the worst.

Extension cord.

obviously many belts.

frying pan on the arse..

lots of other house hold items.

Ranger Mom
05-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
Wire coathanger is the worst.

Extension cord.

obviously many belts.

frying pan on the arse..

lots of other house hold items.

NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!!

http://stage.agliff.org/files/images/web_no_wire_hangers.jpg

jlg043
05-14-2008, 02:47 PM
clotheshanger
extension cord
dad belt with little metal nitches
wooden spoon
hand
switch
first thing in reach

CHSfan
05-14-2008, 06:19 PM
my boyfriends dad used to put belts in the freezer and when he would get in trouble he would have to go get the belt out!

tigerpride_08
05-14-2008, 08:04 PM
just a belt, hand, and paddle in school...:D

kepdawg
05-14-2008, 08:10 PM
In middle school one of my principals had a paddle that had a dragon on it. I wish I had a picture of it!