PDA

View Full Version : I did something today that I thought I would never do im my entire life

hawkfan
05-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Sentenced a man to execution for Capital Murder.

This was probably the most difficult decision in my entire life.

By Lacy Ledford
KETK News

Story Created: May 13, 2008 at 2:01 PM CDT

Story Updated: May 13, 2008 at 2:17 PM CDT

ATHENS - The capital murder trial for 48-year-old Randall Wayne Mays is over.

Mays has been sentenced to the death penalty. The jury deliberated for about 2 hours and 45 minutes before reaching the decision.

On Friday, a jury found Mays guilty of capital murder in the death of Henderson County Deputy Tony Price Ogburn.

Last May, officers responded to a domestic disturbance at Mays' home in Payne Springs on County Road 2529.

That dispute turned into a deadly standoff.

Two deputies were killed-- Deputy Tony Price Ogburn and Investigator Paul Habelt. One deputy was injured.

injuredinmelee
05-13-2008, 03:04 PM
congrats. he deserves to die. to bad it will be virtually painless when he deserves to be hung and beaten on the town square first.

nobogey72
05-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
Sentenced a man to execution for Capital Murder.

This was probably the most difficult decision in my entire life.

By Lacy Ledford
KETK News

Story Created: May 13, 2008 at 2:01 PM CDT

Story Updated: May 13, 2008 at 2:17 PM CDT

ATHENS - The capital murder trial for 48-year-old Randall Wayne Mays is over.

Mays has been sentenced to the death penalty. The jury deliberated for about 2 hours and 45 minutes before reaching the decision.

On Friday, a jury found Mays guilty of capital murder in the death of Henderson County Deputy Tony Price Ogburn.

Last May, officers responded to a domestic disturbance at Mays' home in Payne Springs on County Road 2529.

That dispute turned into a deadly standoff.

Two deputies were killed-- Deputy Tony Price Ogburn and Investigator Paul Habelt. One deputy was injured.

Were you on the jury, or what?:confused:

hawkfan
05-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Were you on the jury, or what?:confused:

Yes, I was on the jury.

lostaussie
05-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
Yes, I was on the jury. you did a fine job...........hold your head high...........you did nothing wrong.............Randall Wayne Mays did.