PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Dallas Cowboy Troy Hambrick gets 5 years for drug sales

Txbroadcaster
05-13-2008, 02:21 PM
TAMPA, Fla. – A Tampa judge has sentenced former NFL running back Troy Hambrick to five years in prison for selling crack cocaine.

The former Dallas Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals player was sentenced Tuesday by U.S. District Judge Steven D. Merryday.

Hambrick pleaded guilty on Feb. 26 to one count of distributing 50 grams or more of crack cocaine.

Court documents show Hambrick sold the drugs in 2007 to a confidential informants near his home in Lacoochee, about 40 miles north of Tampa.

Hambrick's NFL career spanned five seasons. His best year was 2003 when he rushed for 972 yards and five touchdowns for Dallas.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/051408dnspohambrick.19ac3cb.html

JasperDog94
05-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Add this to the list of reasons why g$$ hates the Cowboys.;)

g$$
05-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Add this to the list of reasons why g$$ hates the Cowboys.;)

Every team has thugs & idiots, but Dallas sure seems to have had the market cornered for quite a while now, past & present.

Bet he & Newton had some enlightening conversations; big Nate did time too for drug possession & distribution when he got caught transporting a WHOLE bunch of marijuana across state lines.

Old Tiger
05-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Every team has thugs & idiots, but Dallas sure seems to have had the market cornered for quite a while now, past & present.

Bet he & Newton had some enlightening conversations; big Nate did time too for drug possession & distribution when he got caught transporting a WHOLE bunch of marijuana across state lines. I think Bengals are worse off

g$$
05-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I think Bengals are worse off

Not compared to the Cowboys of the early to mid '90s & all the guys who got in trouble then or later. It's a LONG list.

nobogey72
05-14-2008, 06:09 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the mere fact that he played for the Cowboys is what caused him to get in trouble.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Something about those stars on their helmets makes them thugs. What's the deal, are all the Houston Texans youth ministers in the offseason or what?:thinking:

g$$
05-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the mere fact that he played for the Cowboys is what caused him to get in trouble.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Something about those stars on their helmets makes them thugs. What's the deal, are all the Houston Texans youth ministers in the offseason or what?:thinking:

Truth is owner Bob McNair won't employ guys with troubled pasts. Granted the Texans are 6 years in & still trying to make the playoffs, but that is fact. He gets criticized around here by some for that policy too (not me). Texans got rid of Jerome Mathis (Pro Bowl KR) this past offseason & the domestic abuse charges were dropped. There are other examples too with the Draft & free agents. Texans won't touch them.

Jerry Jones sure doesn't adhere to that policy & anyone who follows sports & the police blotter knows it. Same with Al Davis & others. And neither one of those teams have won a single playoff game in years.

What's wrong with trying to win & run a tight ship too?

Phil C
05-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Another victim of society and the NFL system.

JasperDog94
05-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by g$$
What's wrong with trying to win & run a tight ship too? I don't know. Let's go ask Belicheck...wait, errrr....never mind.;)

Sweetwater Red
05-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Which former player died in his drive-way?:confused:

kepdawg
05-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Which former player died in his drive-way?:confused:

Tuinei

LH Panther Mom
05-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Tuinei