PDA

View Full Version : Jasper, Newton where are your scores???

twinkle
09-27-2002, 10:46 PM
Ok, I know someone out there can tell me the scores to these two games...Last I heard Newton was way ahead of Nac, could be another shutout, and Jasper was trailing 14-6 with about five minutes left in the game.

newtongal
09-27-2002, 11:10 PM
same here.. I havent heard anything either..

Jason1725
09-28-2002, 12:22 AM
Jasper lost a close one 14-6. The Dogs were without starter Ricky Mitchell but thats no excuse. Coach Lauve wasn't a happy camper after the game challenging them to make a commitment on Monday to be the best team in the state. Running Back Jason McQueen also addressed the team telling them to step it up next week against Houston Smiley. Jason McQueen scored the only TD for Jasper after he broke a 50 or so yard run. The Dogs went for two but were stopped short.

Bulldog92
09-28-2002, 12:46 AM
I think we needed a wake up call, Jason. I expect a much better performance from the Dogs for the rest of the season.

OldSchoolBulldog
09-28-2002, 12:50 AM
This was a wake up call. But don't get down on the J-dawgs. The played a good game. I think they learn something about themselves. This team has great character and heart.

HOSSDADDY
09-28-2002, 01:47 AM
Newton won 49-0. All I can say is defense,defense,defense! Probably less than a hundred total again this week.

OldSchoolBulldog
09-28-2002, 01:52 AM
It was NAC

Bulldog92
09-28-2002, 03:37 AM
OldSchool is right. You guys do have a great defense, but you haven't been tested yet. Jasper has a very good offense when Mitchell is healthy and he should be by then. Nobody thought we would lose tonight and it hurts, but we'll come out swingin' next week. We have too much pride to do anything less. Strake Jesuit is a good football team and deserve respect for beating both Bay City and Jasper in a three-week stretch.

98Eagle
09-28-2002, 10:16 AM
I've been really dissapointed with Newton's preseason schedule. Its hard to tell how good they really are without playing a quality opponent. It doesnt get any better next week when they play another weak opponent in Beaumont Kelly. I guess we won't really know their true potential untill Oct. 18.

mojjo_1
09-28-2002, 11:37 AM
The problem with the schedule is alot of the 4a team don't want to lose to a 3a. The closest 4a district 20 4 a has 9 teams. That only left 2 preseason games. Jasper manage to get png and silsbee in weeks 0 and week 1. That is why we traveled to houston last night. Newton has the same trouble.

Birdman
09-28-2002, 05:43 PM
Mojjo is right. No AAA or AAAA team wants to risk having their butt handed to them by a small 3A team in a pre-district game. Also Newton's fans are loyal, but there aren't many of them so the game is not a money-maker. Not many teams want to play a home-and-home schedule with Newton because of the distance and small stadium in Newton. West Orange Stark played Newton for many years but refused to go to Newton to play. Many in Bridge City questioned the logic of playing Newton in pre-district this year and next, but it was decided that we were more interested in becoming a better team than trying to protect a record. Games with teams like Newton don't usually pay-off until November and December.

mojjo_1
09-29-2002, 12:03 PM
I think Jasper's defense played a good game. The coaching staff will learn from this game. One thing I think we'll see from now on is Jasper gets a big lead Jorden will qb. I don't think they'll play 4 qbs anymore. I think Jorden will play all of the mop up duty. When Ricky is out Jorden will qb. Jasper will be ready friday night.

whatusay2
09-29-2002, 03:58 PM
Yep, it did hurt to lose. But, I think it's the best thing that could have happened to our Bulldogs right now. The only thing they lose is a #2 ranking. And, who cares about rankings. They gain SO much more. Hopefully, this loss will bring the team back to its goal amidst the numerous "distractions" they've had lately. GO BULLDOGS!!!