PDA

View Full Version : This is NOT a good start to my day

Ranger Mom
05-13-2008, 08:56 AM
As I was getting off the elevator, I dropped my freaking keys....and they went down the elevator shaft.

I called the building management and she just called me back and said she is having trouble getting in contact with the elevator people.

My desk is locked, I have no car keys....luckily I keep a spare office key in the freezer in the kitchen.

It just dawned on me that I am driving my daughter's truck and we have NO spare keys to it.:eek: :eek:

If and when I get them back, that is the first thing I am gonna do is get some spare keys made!!!:doh: :doh:

kaorder1999
05-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
As I was getting off the elevator, I dropped my freaking keys....and they went down the elevator shaft.

I called the building management and she just called me back and said she is having trouble getting in contact with the elevator people.

My desk is locked, I have no car keys....luckily I keep a spare office key in the freezer in the kitchen.

It just dawned on me that I am driving my daughter's truck and we have NO spare keys to it.:eek: :eek:

If and when I get them back, that is the first thing I am gonna do is get some spare keys made!!!:doh: :doh:

that sucks....whats the odds of that happening?

Daddy D 11
05-13-2008, 08:58 AM

wow:eek: im sorrry:(

jason
05-13-2008, 08:59 AM
they have elevators in midland?

:vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd:

ronwx5x

Couldn't happen to a nicer person.:D :D :D

Txbroadcaster
Originally posted by kaorder1999

For RM aboout 75%

mistanice
05-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
For RM aboout 75%

so who's the person who fell flat on their face during a football game? sorry couldn't resist. :D

crzyjournalist03
haha...RM said "went down" and "shaft" in the same sentence...

Ranger Mom
Originally posted by kaorder1999

No joke!! I Have 3 separate sets of keys on one big clip thing. I thought that clip was gonna straddle the gap, but 2 sets of keys were on one side of the clip and one on the other. I watched in horror as the clip started turning the direction where the keys were heaviest.

Now that I look back, I didn't even try to stop it, I just stood there like an idiot and watched it happen!!:doh:

Ranger Mom
05-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by mistanice
so who's the person who fell flat on their face during a football game? sorry couldn't resist. :D

It wasn't my whole face....just my nose!!:doh:

LH Panther Mom
05-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Do the keys to Ash's truck have the computer chip in the thingy that attaches to the key ring? If so, $$$$$$. :(

Ranger Mom
05-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Do the keys to Ash's truck have the computer chip in the thingy that attaches to the key ring? If so, $$$$$$. :(

Oh heck no!! That little truck doesn't even have power windows, powers locks or a cruise control!!

It is VERY basic!!:p

Now you know why she doesn't care if I drive it...she doesn't really like it!!:D

crzyjournalist03
05-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Oh heck no!! That little truck doesn't even have power windows, powers locks or a cruise control!!

It is VERY basic!!:p

Now you know why she doesn't care if I drive it...she doesn't really like it!!:D

does it have power steering?

pirate4state
05-13-2008, 09:11 AM
That sucks.

Ranger Mom
05-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
does it have power steering?

Yeah....power steering and brakes...but that's about it!

I love it though, it gets way better gas mileage than my truck.

I just drive it back and forth to work though, I would get claustrophobic if I had to ride in it with someone else!!

crzyjournalist03
05-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Yeah....power steering and brakes...but that's about it!

I love it though, it gets way better gas mileage than my truck.

I just drive it back and forth to work though, I would get claustrophobic if I had to ride in it with someone else!!

It's fancier than the '93 Ford Ranger I used to have to drive around then!

Ranger Mom
05-13-2008, 09:26 AM
It's fancier than the '93 Ford Ranger I used to have to drive around then!

Bummer!! When my daughter was given the truck, all it had in it was an AM/FM radio.....at least we have a CD player in it now!!:D

crzyjournalist03
05-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Bummer!! When my daughter was given the truck, all it had in it was an AM/FM radio.....at least we have a CD player in it now!!:D

haha...mine had a CD player, but that's only because my dad had installed it for him years back, but it didn't even work when I got the truck. Heck, that truck didn't even have air conditioning when we bought it...but it didn't take long to put an aftermarket AC in there.

Ranger Mom
05-13-2008, 09:32 AM
haha...mine had a CD player, but that's only because my dad had installed it for him years back, but it didn't even work when I got the truck. Heck, that truck didn't even have air conditioning when we bought it...but it didn't take long to put an aftermarket AC in there.

OUCH!! If this one didn't have a good air conditioner, I wouldn't even be driving it.

Ranger Mom
05-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Okay.....now I can get to work, I got my keys back!!

crzyjournalist03
05-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Okay.....now I can get to work, I got my keys back!!

Did you get to watch them crawl into the elevator and pull the keys out?

jason
05-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Okay.....now I can get to work, I got my keys back!! did you tip the guys who got them out?

Ranger Mom
05-13-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by jason
did you tip the guys who got them out?

No....the building manager brought them to me!!