PDA

View Full Version : I think I broke my hand last night

Gsquared
05-13-2008, 06:57 AM
Had a date last night and we drank a bunch of wine at dinner then went back to her place and drank more wine then ran out (this is gonna be the worlds longest run on sentence) and then decided to walk to the store instead of drive to get some more on the way back there were two rabbits just sitting there and I was gonna try to impress her with my hunting skills so I told her to stop and be still and then I dove for one of the rabbits and came about 15 ft short of them and landed on my hand wrong and now it hurts really bad and its turnin blue.

txkmom
05-13-2008, 07:38 AM
So was she impressed?

STANG RED
05-13-2008, 07:55 AM
I broke my right hand once in 7 places. Problem is, I'm right handed, and dang near worthless with my left hand at much of anything. Learning how to go to the bathroom, shave, bath, and get dressed only using my left hand for 8 weeks was quiet an experience. Funny thing is, I still carry my change and pocket knife in my left front pocket to this day, and that happened nearly 30 years ago. I just got used to it, and now it seems strange to have anything in my right pocket.

LH Panther Mom
05-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by txkmom
So was she impressed?
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Old Green
05-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Had a date last night and we drank a bunch of wine at dinner then went back to her place and drank more wine then ran out (this is gonna be the worlds longest run on sentence) and then decided to walk to the store instead of drive to get some more on the way back there were two rabbits just sitting there and I was gonna try to impress her with my hunting skills so I told her to stop and be still and then I dove for one of the rabbits and came about 15 ft short of them and landed on my hand wrong and now it hurts really bad and its turnin blue. Tell the truth now GG. She had you in an arm lock and drank all your wine. Didn't She ?:thinking: :devil:

Gsquared
05-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by txkmom
So was she impressed?
I think so, for obvious reasons, I didnt drive home and she wanted me to crash with her on the couch. I didnt though, I slept in her bed while she slept on the couch.

garciap77
05-13-2008, 08:23 AM
I think so, for obvious reasons, I didnt drive home and she wanted me to crash with her on the couch. I didnt though, I slept in her bed while she slept on the couch.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :clap:

Silverback 04
05-13-2008, 08:28 AM
Once had my right index finger shot off at the big knuckle. Wife wasn't impressed one iota! Said something about me being stupid, hard headed, and lah, blah, blah!

Bubba-Joe
05-13-2008, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I broke my right hand once in 7 places. Problem is, I'm right handed, and dang near worthless with my left hand at much of anything. Learning how to go to the bathroom, shave, bath, and get dressed only using my left hand for 8 weeks was quiet an experience. Funny thing is, I still carry my change and pocket knife in my left front pocket to this day, and that happened nearly 30 years ago. I just got used to it, and now it seems strange to have anything in my right pocket.

Was that the night of the historic Sweetwater / Rotan throwdown??
back in 77 or 78

When the Terry boys from Roby joined forces with the Swater boys and cleaned up Fisher County

OH WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gsquared
05-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Tell the truth now GG. She had you in an arm lock and drank all your wine. Didn't She ?:thinking: :devil:
Dang it, you caught me :doh:

Ranger Mom
05-13-2008, 08:53 AM
This is a kinda "downer" story, but it has a moral....this happened this past weekend while I was at the track meet.

My daughter-in-laws uncle, who lives in Greenwood, locked himself out of his house. He climbed up on the roof (two-story house) and tried to get in the bathroom window. Somehow he missed the window and fell and landed in a crawling position.

He called his wife (who everyone in the family absolutely hates, and she hung up on him, because she was mad that he fell....he passed out and then woke up and called his mom, who called 9-11...she rushed out there and said there was blood everywhere.)

He was life flighted to Lubbock.

He crushed his hand, his hip and his knee cap ended up in his thigh....they have him in a medically induced coma and we found out yesterday they can't save his hand. He is a welder by trade. He lost his wife to cancer 3 years ago. His "new wife" is pregnant and threatening to divorce him because he "can't take her and his baby now!"

Anywho....be glad your hand hurts, at least you still have it!!:eek: :eek:

Gsquared
05-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
This is a kinda "downer" story, but it has a moral....this happened this past weekend while I was at the track meet.

My daughter-in-laws uncle, who lives in Greenwood, locked himself out of his house. He climbed up on the roof (two-story house) and tried to get in the bathroom window. Somehow he missed the window and fell and landed in a crawling position.

He called his wife (who everyone in the family absolutely hates, and she hung up on him, because she was mad that he fell....he passed out and then woke up and called his mom, who called 9-11...she rushed out there and said there was blood everywhere.)

He crushed his hand, his hip and his knee cap ended up in his thigh....they have him in a medically induced coma and we found out yesterday they can't save his hand. He is a welder by trade. He lost his wife to cancer 3 years ago. His "new wife" is pregnant and threatening to divorce him because he "can't take her and his baby now!"

Yeah, maybe im not in all that bad of shape after all

Silverback 04
05-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Well, I can say from firsthand experience that there is always a silver lining. He may have to look hard for it, but its there, probably in that at least he's alive. Trust me, thats something.

Ranger Mom
05-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
Well, I can say from firsthand experience that there is always a silver lining. He may have to look hard for it, but its there, probably in that at least he's alive. Trust me, thats something.

Yep...he's lucky to have survived the fall.

His girls are staying at my house right now....they don't WANT to stay with their stepmother!!

Poor kids!!

pirate4state
05-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
Well, I can say from firsthand experience that there is always a silver lining. He may have to look hard for it, but its there, probably in that at least he's alive. Trust me, thats something. Well there is that & sounds like he'll be getting rid of a ruthless witch! :eek: WOW

Hey G2 - We need pictures of the blue hand :eek: :eek:

Silverback 04
05-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well there is that & sounds like he'll be getting rid of a ruthless witch! :eek: WOW

Hey G2 - We need pictures of the blue hand :eek: :eek:

She sounds a little like the girl from the song Sam Kennison sang about in his comedy act.

nobogey72
05-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Had a date last night and we drank a bunch of wine at dinner then went back to her place and drank more wine then ran out (this is gonna be the worlds longest run on sentence) and then decided to walk to the store instead of drive to get some more on the way back there were two rabbits just sitting there and I was gonna try to impress her with my hunting skills so I told her to stop and be still and then I dove for one of the rabbits and came about 15 ft short of them and landed on my hand wrong and now it hurts really bad and its turnin blue.

OK, Elmer Fudd, did you tell her to be "Vewy Vewy Quiet" before you jumped at them?

:thinking: Wascal Wabbitts !!!!!!:foul: :foul:

STANG RED
05-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Was that the night of the historic Sweetwater / Rotan throwdown??
back in 77 or 78

When the Terry boys from Roby joined forces with the Swater boys and cleaned up Fisher County

OH WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, mine happened in 79 in a little throw down behind Dance Land USA in San Angelo, when I was in college.
Technically I won, but since I was the only one with broken bones, a cast, and a doctors bill, I guess thats debateable.
I found out the human skull is much harder than the bones in my hand that night. I also figured out that mixing alcohol with women with jealous boyfriends are a bad combination as well.:mad:

Phil C
05-13-2008, 12:05 PM
You should go see a doctor to check it out as soon as possible.

Curly
05-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
No, mine happened in 79 in a little throw down behind Dance Land USA in San Angelo, when I was in college.
Technically I won, but since I was the only one with broken bones, a cast, and a doctors bill, I guess thats debateable.
I found out the human skull is much harder than the bones in my hand that night. I also figured out that mixing alcohol with women with jealous boyfriends are a bad combination as well.:mad:

Kind of like the Bobby Bare song

Now this broken back was the dyin' act of a handsome Harry Clay
That sticky Cincinnati night I stole his wife away
But that woman she gets uglier and she gets meaner every day
But I got her boy that's what makes me
THE WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nobogey72
05-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
You should go see a doctor to check it out as soon as possible.

Naaa. just rub some dirt on it.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

crzyjournalist03
05-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Naaa. just rub some dirt on it.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

better yet...get HER to rub some dirt on it!!!

Bow-chicka-bow-wow!!!

BuffyMars
05-13-2008, 01:41 PM

this made me lol.

ProudHornetMom
05-13-2008, 08:23 PM
And...what did the doctor say Gsquared? You did go to the dr...right?:eek:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
05-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Well, that's just unfortunate that you can't hold a drink in each hand now. I really pity you G. :(

sinton66
05-13-2008, 09:09 PM
G2, you should have remembered Bugs' trick. Dress up like a female bunny.;)

Necks_Fan
05-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Had a date last night and we drank a bunch of wine at dinner then went back to her place and drank more wine then ran out (this is gonna be the worlds longest run on sentence) and then decided to walk to the store instead of drive to get some more on the way back there were two rabbits just sitting there and I was gonna try to impress her with my hunting skills so I told her to stop and be still and then I dove for one of the rabbits and came about 15 ft short of them and landed on my hand wrong and now it hurts really bad and its turnin blue. Lol.
How are you typing? Are you doing the whole chicken peck or going really easy on the hand?

Old Tiger
05-13-2008, 11:03 PM
rather break your hand catching rabbits than a fat girl fallin on ya.

keep that in mind g2

Gsquared
05-14-2008, 06:46 AM
Havnt gone to the DR yet but I can open and close it some now. Necks, I am huntin and peckin fo sho!

Gsquared
05-14-2008, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
G2, you should have remembered Bugs' trick. Dress up like a female bunny.;)
GREAT idea! I gotta find a blonde wig and some lipstick!

g$$
05-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Why the heck did you leave her on the couch if you went to the bedroom?

pirate4state
05-14-2008, 09:40 AM
LOL

this thread just makes me laugh

Gsquared
05-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Why the heck did you leave her on the couch if you went to the bedroom?
I tried to wake her up and she really wouldnt, she said to sleep on the couch with her but i kept falling off.

eppy 12
05-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well there is that & sounds like he'll be getting rid of a ruthless witch! :eek: WOW

Hey G2 - We need pictures of the blue hand :eek: :eek: and of her on the couch..........;)