PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Rule for 'Newbies'

jason
10-15-2003, 04:16 PM
ALL Newbies aka SCRUBS should be ROM for at least 1 (one) full month before they can actually post. Maybe this will help them learn how NOT to post, and repost the same stuff over, and over, and OVER again...it's getting old reading the high school gossip hour on here every day.

ok, criticize me if you want....but i couldnt help myself.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

weatherag07
10-15-2003, 04:25 PM
Hey, now...not all of us type like idiots. Besides, what good would it do for us to be ROMed when most of us have been reading this forum for a long time before we registered (like more than a year?!)??
Besides, high school is high school, and they gotta have a place to share their football gossip! :D Until somebody makes a forum just for that, I think they think this is the best place to do it!! :)

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: weatherag07 ]</small>

CatWoman
10-15-2003, 04:30 PM
jason:
ALL Newbies aka SCRUBS should be ROM for at least 1 (one) full month before they can actually post. Maybe this will help them learn how NOT to post, and repost the same stuff over, and over, and OVER again...it's getting old reading the high school gossip hour on here every day.

ok, criticize me if you want....but i couldnt help myself.... :mad: :mad: :mad: Ok Jason, I'm a "newbie aka scrub" and I haven't seen high school in er, let's just say quite a few years!!lol I will try not to post something that might irritate you. Where's the love????

98Eagle
10-15-2003, 05:18 PM
I'm still listed as a "Scrub" but have been a member for over a year. I just don't feel I need to post a reply on every post made.

BurnetBandRules
10-15-2003, 05:24 PM
When is a poster moved from scrub to a higher name? LOL, I don't know so inform me

slpybear the bullfan
10-15-2003, 05:27 PM
I hear what you are saying Jason... You know... kids in school just making meaningless posts just to drive the totals up... heh..heh... Do you agree 3Afan2k3???

crzyjournalist03
10-15-2003, 05:27 PM
I think jason is primarily talking about the people that come on here, register, and start talking like they know more than anybody else on the board. Most "scrubs" do alright, but some of them just come in here and try to act as though they're better than everybody else and nobody else's opinions matter. It's not that all the scrubs are annoying, it's that the ones who are annoying DO get involved in every subject and say the exact same thing even if it has no relevance to what people are talking about.

By the way, it's the 75th post that makes you varsity BurnetBandRules.

DOGcatcher
10-15-2003, 05:30 PM
I'm a newbie fresh from the whomb, and i feel free to post anything i please as long as it's clean and tastefull to all concerned.. If you don't like it write your congressman because it's called.......

FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!!!!!!

NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, :p :p :p

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: DOGcatcher ]</small>

TBrents
10-15-2003, 05:36 PM
I can't speak for the owners, but I'm sure this forum was created for everybody... not just the "adults" who are so educated that they never post silly things like posts asking if there are any adults left.... ???

I've been a registered user here for three years now, posted a couple of times a year ago, and have began posting here again more recently. I am a freshman in college, considered an adult, but I know my high school buddies would be offended at the suggestion that they can't type or carry on an educated conversation.

It's pretty offensive to call high schoolers "kids" as well, and I'll tell you right now I know plenty of high schoolers who are more educated and well mannered than most adults I know.

Lay off... why should you be able to post anything you want but high schoolers (who make this website what it is) can't come on here and speak their mind.

Whether you wait a month or not... there are going to be retards who say dumb stuff. It happens... Plus, I'm sure many people become registered members to post on impulse to be a part of a discussion they feel strongly about.

No hard feelings... I respect your opionion as I hope you do mine... but you said I could criticize you and I to could not help myself!

Have a safe and happy evening!

-Tommy B

jason
10-15-2003, 06:10 PM
DOGcatcher:
I'm a newbie fresh from the whomb, and i feel free to post anything i please as long as it's clean and tastefull to all concerned.. If you don't like it write your congressman because it's called.......

FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!!!!!!

NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES,NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, NEWTON EAGLES, :p :p :p my point exactly :rolleyes:

jason
10-15-2003, 06:10 PM
crzyjournalist03:
I think jason is primarily talking about the people that come on here, register, and start talking like they know more than anybody else on the board. Most "scrubs" do alright, but some of them just come in here and try to act as though they're better than everybody else and nobody else's opinions matter. It's not that all the scrubs are annoying, it's that the ones who are annoying DO get involved in every subject and say the exact same thing even if it has no relevance to what people are talking about.

By the way, it's the 75th post that makes you varsity BurnetBandRules.at least one person here supports me...thanks... :cool:

3afan2K3
10-15-2003, 06:16 PM
slpybear the bullfan:
I hear what you are saying Jason... You know... kids in school just making meaningless posts just to drive the totals up... heh..heh... Do you agree 3Afan2k3???No

pn_pimp03
10-15-2003, 06:35 PM
im new to the forum too and i see the scrubs giving some of the better facts most of time and supporting what they say...just let everyone have their say and as long as its clean and not tasteless, let it be....if u dont like it move on

3afan2K3
10-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Its gets annoying seeing all these burnet scrubs saying burnet is unbeatable and their #1 in the state and that they could beat most 4A schools and also posting the score of their game 50 times like it was the Stanley cup of Football one time is enough!!!!!!!!!

HornetMom
10-15-2003, 06:56 PM
Jason, I understand what you are trying to say. Some of the "newbies" come on here and get carried away with their post. When others try to warn them, they get worse.
Now to defend myself, I have been reading this forum for well over a year and yes it helps if you have read for a time before registering.

Pandora
10-15-2003, 07:15 PM
3afan2K3:
Its gets annoying seeing all these burnet scrubs saying burnet is unbeatable and their #1 in the state and that they could beat most 4A schools and also posting the score of their game 50 times like it was the Stanley cup of Football one time is enough!!!!!!!!!Then why not have the administrators just ROM the Burnet scrubs for a while. It should be a simple matter of tracking down their IP addresses to the hill country area. Personally I just ignore them.

slpybear the bullfan
10-15-2003, 07:20 PM
You only have the read the threads you choose to click on. If you don't want to read the kiddie school trash talkin kids, then don't click on the posts they habituate on.

Personally, it is a whipping to read 40,000,000 posts about Burnet can defeat all of 3A, 4A, Terrorists, Cancer, and solve the middle east problems... wink I know that this is all just some kids who are immature and enjoy talking up their schools. Soooo, I just don't bother reading it.

(And yes, I respect the He11 out of Burnet. I think they are a formidable team.)

BHS#1
10-15-2003, 07:38 PM
Why is Burnet always the top subject of
criticism. IMO if is wasn't for the faithful Burnet poster this board would be like some of the other boards if seen.(boring)

3afan2K3
10-15-2003, 07:42 PM
BHS#1:
criticism. IMO if is wasn't for the faithful Burnet poster this board would be like some of the other boards if seen.(boring)So your saying Burnet posters makes this board exciting?

jason
10-15-2003, 07:44 PM
slpybear the bullfan:
You only have the read the threads you choose to click on. If you don't want to read the kiddie school trash talkin kids, then don't click on the posts they habituate on.

Personally, it is a whipping to read 40,000,000 posts about Burnet can defeat all of 3A, 4A, Terrorists, Cancer, and solve the middle east problems... wink I know that this is all just some kids who are immature and enjoy talking up their schools. Soooo, I just don't bother reading it.

(And yes, I respect the He11 out of Burnet. I think they are a formidable team.)ROTFLMAO

3afan2K3
10-15-2003, 07:46 PM
anti KSTTK

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

jason
10-15-2003, 07:51 PM
hey, we're chatting now if ya wanna come

slpybear the bullfan
10-15-2003, 07:54 PM
BHS#1:
criticism. IMO if is wasn't for the faithful Burnet poster this board would be like some of the other boards if seen.(boring)LOL... Nope. Not by a long shot.

BHS#1
10-15-2003, 08:15 PM
All I'm saying is we start talking about high school kids on the board then it turns to Burnet Bashing ex. 3afan2k3 and pandora

Tanglefoot
10-15-2003, 08:36 PM
Come on.....lay off the "Newbies". There have been some pretty good posts from Newbies. If you don't want to read what the "newbies" have to say, then just click onto the next topic. Just my 2cents worth.

3afan2K3
10-15-2003, 08:38 PM
1st you spelt my name wrong
2nd when did I "bash" burnet?

Ranger Mom
10-15-2003, 10:33 PM
I'm confused!! Weren't we all "newbies" aka "srubs" to begin with?

If someone told me I was ROM for a month before I was able to post something, I probably wouldn't have stuck around. I jumped right in the minute I registered!!

I don't feel the need to read EVERY single thing that is written about Burnett. Nothing at all against them, I respect their program highly. It's just at this point in the season, my focus is on potential rivals - Division II.

Bandera YaYa
10-15-2003, 10:41 PM
...me, too....I'm way too impatient...If I can't play, I'm gone.....Lord knows I like to talk!! :D

(almost as much as I like to argue! eek! )

weatherag07
10-16-2003, 01:27 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ranger Mom:
[QB]I'm confused!! Weren't we all "newbies" aka "srubs" to begin with?

AMEN to that, Ranger Mom!
And give the Burnet posters some slack...we've made it to the big dance twice, and after last year's season and now being ranked #1, we're kinda excited. Yeah, some may be overzealous about it sometimes, but like others said, if it bothers ya, MOVE ON! I know some posters seem immature and all, but every villiage has an idiot. :p Let us enjoy our time in the spotlight. Don't tell me no other town would be doing the same.
I just couldn't let this go without saying something...
And about that little comment about ROMing Burnet scrubs * :mad: *...don't EVEN get me started...that was just stupid !

SintonFan
10-16-2003, 03:03 AM
jason, stick to underwater basket weaving...
You were a newbie once.

<small>[ October 16, 2003, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

pirateman98
10-16-2003, 04:43 AM
I agree with 98Eagle. I have been on this forum for over two year's(Sept.2001) and I still am marked as a scrub. Like 98Eagle, I don't feel like posting something on ever forum. Just calm down now and let them have there fun. It will be ok. GO PIRTES!!!!

3afan
10-16-2003, 06:12 AM
leave the newbies alone .......

Megatonpitch
10-16-2003, 08:23 AM
Newbies will be newbies. They will figure out how to post sooner or later. If you don't like what they are posting, move on to another post and CHOOSE not to read something by a scrub. I think you would be suprised at just how long some of the "newbies" have been around the game of football.

IP addresses. So you want to look up the IP addresses and ROM posters. What about the posters who get their internet service from, let's say, the school, or a regional service center. If you ban a certain IP address, you could end up banning more than one user. That is one reason I quit posting on here last year. I never got the dreaded ROM, but the IP address from the school's service center did.

This is a message board where people post their opinions and that is exactly what they are. I am sure everyone on here has posted something that someone else didn't like. But that is what makes this place fun. If no one ever posted something controversial on here, we would have nothing to talk about.

Have any of you looked at the other message boards, they are dead, there is hardly ever anything posted on them and it is boring. The posters are what makes this place fun. If you start ROMing people, you will end up talking to yourself in here. Man, that sounds like fun. No one to argue your opinions with. That makes you a football god and you are right on everything.

cunbed10
10-16-2003, 08:31 AM
A man has the right to be called yohumad Ali, Dam it ,this is America, (this was the barber shop seen in Coming to America) Eddie Murphy, and Arsenial Hall... "If his Moma called him clay, I'm ah call him Clay" I thougt this was funny.

Jerry10ydCurl
10-16-2003, 08:40 AM
Why should people be rated on the number of posts they have anyway?

Quality...... not quantity.......

JasperDog94
10-16-2003, 08:57 AM
Jerry10ydCurl:
Why should people be rated on the number of posts they have anyway?

Quality...... not quantity.......Don't tell that to 3afan2k3... wink

DOGcatcher
10-16-2003, 09:00 AM
Hey Jason you wrote back that because I put Newton Eagles all over the screen that I proved your point. Well I just want to say that it does not matter how many times someone writes something, hell is this the JASON DOWN LOW, I DON'T THINK SO!!! If you don't like something on your screen are you so lazy that you can't move that little white arrow 8 inches to the right and click your little finger.. HOW HARD IS THAT...
I repeat, If you Don't like something someone says, you have two options...

1. Stop being lazy and use your mouse to pass it up.

2. Write your congressman, because this is FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Thankyou for your so precious time...

<small>[ October 16, 2003, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: DOGcatcher ]</small>

BulldogGrl64
10-16-2003, 12:29 PM
I understand and respect what you are saying, but at the same time, I have to disagree with you. Being labeled a newbie aka "scrub" does not make a person any less educated on the subject of football than any one else. Many of us, myself included, have been reading posts on this site for quite some time now before registering. Yes I agree that there are some stupid posts on here from time to time, but you have to expect that considering the fact that this is a public site, but you know, if you don't like it, you don't have to read it. You always have the option of clicking on another subject or simply scrolling down the page.

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2003, 12:32 PM
Just a reminder to all you folks who think that the ROM is censorship and Freedom of Speech prevails, etc. etc...

This is a privately owned board that allows people to apply for and join as a member to post on. You can post at the pleasure of the owners.

That means that the people who own this site make the rules up and can change them as they desire.

There isn't a freedom of speech right you are entitled to here.

Now, I don't mean to sound condescending on this post. I think this is one of the best boards around. And that is because we have a great bunch of members that post here. And I think the owners do a great job of maintaining a certain level of "cleanliness" and Content on the board. And they do have the power to ROM those who they feel fall outside of their ideas of cleanliness and content.