PDA

View Full Version : Old Cardinal

southeastfootball
10-25-2001, 10:01 AM
I was wondering how come you dog barbers hill so bad when i look at both of your schedule's of barbers hill and bridge city they are almost equal if not leaning more to bh but also you say your schedule is so tough but it is some of the same teams barbers hill beat 2 years ago and everyone said they were easy i was just wonering can you give me some info on how you think this way

Old Cardinal
10-25-2001, 10:31 AM
I am just a little curious about the mutual teams that BC and BH have played...I know that they both played Kelly-BC shut them out with a high score and the same team scored twice on BH? I did make a discussion comment to friends at Newton that BH will be an easy win in postseason, if they even get that far, and I will stand on that as a valid comment. I further commented that BH could bearly get by Hamshire-Fannett who plays teams like Kountze and East Chambers. BH needs to play some good 4A teams like Vidor, Jasper, Silsbee, Ozen, LCM, Lincoln etc:, instead of Dickenson, Hamshire-Fannett etc: Sorry, but I still think Newton will blow them away in post season because they opped to play an easier schedule. Do you think they will beat Newton?

southeastfootball
10-25-2001, 01:01 PM
Ok you say that but yet 2 years ago barbers hill beat lcm and tied vidor in a scrimmage and yes i do agree with the hamshire statement but look at the liberty score with bridge city and barbers hill just about the same scores can only say so much i mean ok barbers hill beats dickinson by 21 but dickinson losses to texas city and lamarque by 3 in both games so does that mean bh can beat them

Old Cardinal
10-25-2001, 01:29 PM
Sorry I didn't comment on Liberty-we both blew them out, like everyone else has-are we to compare who blew them away the most? I would just love to see you folks take on Jeff Matthews team in Vidor THIS year or even LCM-it would really be a tragedy for your program. I repeat--DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING TO BEAT NEWTON?

Husker98
10-25-2001, 01:31 PM
Barber's Hill will NOT beat Newton in the playoffs if they play. BH does have an easier schedule than Bridge City and Newton. I wish BH would play BC or Newton in the preseason, so people across teh state can see that they are not as good as their record shows.

TRY ME - I'LL MAKE YOU FAMOUS

BH_146
10-25-2001, 01:54 PM
Old Cardinal,
How do you explain BH playing Newton? With Kountze, Huffman, and Hardin-Jefferson left to play, Barbers Hill would have to lose 2 of the 3 for the possibility of being matched up with Newton in the first round. I assume you mean that based on your other comments. Personally, I don't think BH will lose any of them.
As far as the scheduling goes, I'm somewhat surprised by you comments about BH needing to schedule teams other than Kountze and H-F. These are teams in our district. We, of course, don't determine that just as Bridge City doesn't determine the make-up of their district. And neither district should go "crowing" about the strength of their teams, i.e., Kountze beating Woodville by 27 points while losing by 14 to P.A. Austin. Both districts have some very weak teams this year.
Non-district game? I hope we can improve on some of the competition. I really don't care to see Kelly or Livingston just as Bridge City most hope to be able to get better teams other than Kelly and Liberty. By the way, after losing 3 of 4, LCM wouldn't reschedule us. We really enjoyed playing them. Maybe we could get BC? I wouldn't mind going back to my almamater for a game or two. Perhaps you can have them give us a call.

Old Cardinal
10-25-2001, 04:13 PM
Maybe I should have said, of the caliber of H-F & Kountze... Bridge City should not schedule Div II teams, like yours---I would prefer them scheduling Ozen, West Brook,Bmt. Central, Jasper, Nederland, Jefferson or PNG. They certainly should continue to set a scrimmage with Ozen but drop that little Diboll team that they scrimmaged this year. On your comment about Newton-if you don't meet them in the first round then if you get there you will have to play them later-DO YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT NEWTON? I don't- I think you have a good Div II. team but you are undefeated only because of your level of scheduling. Your having a good year for BH but can see where you are ready to play with the big boys.

BH_146
10-25-2001, 04:22 PM
Yes, perhaps Barbers Hill and Bridge City are playing too many DII schools. And there is no question that Newton appears to be a much stronger team than BH. But maybe we will find out when they play Bridge City?

southeastfootball
10-25-2001, 10:51 PM
Well my honest opinion is this is the best bh team they have had in the past 2 years and i think they can play with newton i dont know if they can beat newton determing if they are healthy and play a mistake free game against them just like bridge city needs to play against them