PDA

View Full Version : Diboll SQT Pools and Schedule - June 14

TexasHSFootball
05-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Diboll SQT & Schedule - June 14 (http://www.texas7on7.com/sqt/division2/diboll.htm)

Pool A
Diboll
Crockett
Kirbyville
Normangee

Pool B
Houston Second Baptist
Jasper
Marlin
West Orange-Stark

The Diboll SQT Pool Pairings were set up by yours truly!
Special thanks goes out to Diboll HC Gary Martel for the honors.

:D

JasperDog94
05-13-2008, 08:30 AM
Pool A = weak
Pool B = strong

mistanice
05-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Pool A = weak
Pool B = strong

how would you rate it if they switched Jasper and Normangee? ;)

JasperDog94
05-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by mistanice
how would you rate it if they switched Jasper and Normangee? ;) That would probably be pretty even. Although I must admit that Jasper has not played much 7 on 7 in the past few years.

mistanice
06-07-2008, 09:42 PM
next saturday!

Matthew328
06-07-2008, 10:01 PM
pools aren't the same now

JasperDog94
06-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
pools aren't the same now What are they?

JasperDog94
06-07-2008, 10:12 PM
I can't find the updated info, but it looks like Jasper has already qualified by coming in 2nd at the Hardin SQT on May 17th.

JasperDog94
06-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Looks like since Jasper is already qualified that they are out of the Diboll SQT.:( :(

link (http://www.texas7on7.com/sqt/division2/diboll.htm)

LH Panther Mom
06-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Looks like since Jasper is already qualified that they are out of the Diboll SQT.:( :(

link (http://www.texas7on7.com/sqt/division2/diboll.htm)
That stinks! I thought most schools continued the tourneys, even after qualifying. :confused:

JasperDog94
06-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That stinks! I thought most schools continued the tourneys, even after qualifying. :confused: I know. I was hoping to make the trip to Diboll and see them play. Glad I found out about this before I made that drive.:D

Matthew328
06-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Some schools keep playing others don't.....a lot depens on availability of kids, etc.....I'd rather a team who has qualified drop out if there is a non-qualified team wanting to take the spot...gives more teams a shot

LH Panther Mom
06-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I'd rather a team who has qualified drop out if there is a non-qualified team wanting to take the spot...gives more teams a shot
Yes, and you love 7-7 much more than me. ;)

Dogman_1969
06-07-2008, 11:19 PM
since Normangee is now qualified I bet they don't go either. Maybe Brownwood would like to take Normangee's spot????

j_dog
06-07-2008, 11:58 PM
I know. I was hoping to make the trip to Diboll and see them play. Glad I found out about this before I made that drive.:D
Save your gas and drive to A&M for the big games. ;)

Matthew328
06-08-2008, 08:52 AM
I think Normangee will still play, it might be too late for Diboll to find another team

mistanice
06-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Are you having that desperate urge for Football season already? Well perhaps this weekend there is a solution, with the Diboll Lumberjacks on center stage.

Coming off an impressive outing this past Monday in Jasper the Diboll Lumberjacks 7-on-7 unit is looking forward to hosting the school's first State Qualify Tournament this Saturday, June 14.

The SQT, as it is called, will kickoff at 1:30 p.m. with the pool play round with eight schools divided up in the contest.

Pool A will feature the hometown Diboll Lumberjacks, Crockett Bulldogs, Kirbyville Wildcats and either Orangefield of Van Vleck High. One of those two teams will be taking a spot previously held by Normangee.

The games for Pool A will be played inside of Lumberjack Stadium on a divided field of play with two games running simultaneously.

In the Pool B teams will be perennial football power West Orange-Stark, Carthage, Marlin and Houston Second Baptist.

These games will be conducted on the two practice fields just outside of Lumberjack Stadium.

The Championship round is set to begin at 5 p.m. in Lumberjack Stadium with the teams that have the four best records squaring off. The top two teams will be heading for the State Championship Tournament in College Station July 12-13.

Last season Diboll and WO-S squared off down at Rice University during the SQT's and put on a heck of a show with time expiring before the Jacks could get one more score on the board, which would have given them the win.

Both schools qualified that day and continued on to Texas A&M and this year could feature a rematch right here in Lumberjack Country.

The events will run all afternoon and there will be plenty of concessions available from the Jack Backers Booster Club. From BBQ to ice cold drinks, the Jack Backers will be there to take care of you.

www.dibollfreepress.com

mistanice
06-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Looks like Diboll was able to get Carthage to replace a team, as well as Orangefield or Van Vleck.

Would have been nice to see 3 District 18 teams there (Carthage, Jasper, and Diboll)

Jasper qualified already and elected not to compete.

JasperDog94
06-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by mistanice

Jasper qualified already and elected not to compete. I was sure hoping to make the trip, but since Jasper's not playing, plus the fact that I'm flying out to Lynchburg, Virginia for a week the following day, I think I'll spend an early Father's Day with my family.

Matthew328
06-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Well screw me, good job Diboll having a team ready to step in