PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Vs. Hardin Jefferson

buff4ever
05-12-2008, 03:27 PM
One game Friday night at 7:30 at the woodlands park or something like that over there in the woodlands.

One game, anything can happen in one game.

Bring the sticks again buffs.

g$$
05-12-2008, 03:45 PM
You'll see their LHP Taylor Monse then in a 1 game playoff.

Better team should win in a series. In 1 game, anything can happen.

j_dog
05-12-2008, 03:49 PM
This is NOT an easy park to find even after you are there. Here are directions off IH 45, and a link to where you can print a campus map. The stadium is way to the back and cannot be seen from Hwy 242.

" The CAVALIERS play all of their home baseball games at
"THE DIAMONDS" located on the campus of College Park High School.

Directions from I-45.

Exit College Park Drive (Hwy 242). Travel West on College Park 0.7mi to Achievement Drive (The University Center will be on the North). Turn South on Achievement Drive, travel through the stop sign on to the dead end. Turn East (left), travel to the next dead-end and turn South (right). Baseball Complex will come into view on your right.

A downloadable map is available by clicking either of the diamonds flanking this text. "

http://collegeparkbaseball.org/maps.html

Once you are there it is a good park. Long drives to the fences. Have not seen many, if any hr there.

Buffgal
05-12-2008, 06:16 PM
thanks for the directions.

This one game thing is already killing my stomach. I was crossing my fingers for a series. I wonder if this was a toss or if both coaches agreed??
Anybody know?

j_dog
05-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal

This one game thing is already killing my stomach. I was crossing my fingers for a series. I wonder if this was a toss or if both coaches agreed??
Anybody know?
I don't know how they arranged it, but I would be grateful that you are getting HJ in one game. In district Jasper beat them 2-1 the first game, then got run ruled by them the second time around.

j_dog
05-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Okay, the story is that Giddings wanted the one game, and won the flip. That was a good Giddings strategy.

Buffgal
05-12-2008, 10:09 PM
I see what you mean about the strategy thing. Let's hope Coach has more of it for his young team.

Keep having fun Buffs. When you're smiling, it's happening.

Hit a rope

bulldogbark
05-12-2008, 10:44 PM
gonna be a tough one the Hawks were the hottest team at the end of the regular season in 21-3A

j_dog
05-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
gonna be a tough one the Hawks were the hottest team at the end of the regular season in 21-3A
Yeah, HJ ended district by beating Jasper AND Bridge City.

but now the dogs have the LONGEST win streak in 21-3a. ;)

but HJ is still a top tier team. For sure.

buff4life
05-13-2008, 02:25 AM
I've heard HJ has a stable of good pitchers and Giddings has a couple and other very inexperience arms so I think the one game is better, but i hope the bats are going for Giddings...good luck buffs and masek who I assume will be on the hill

buff4ever
05-13-2008, 07:48 AM
Yes, I would assume your assumption would be correct about masek getting the nod.

Hopefully if they need him berry will be able to come in as relief.

j_dog
05-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal

This one game thing is already killing my stomach. I was crossing my fingers for a series. ....
Feel better about the one game?

Buffgal
05-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Thankful for the outcome but NO I'm not feeling alot better about one game playoffs.
Hawks put the ball in play but Giddings made easy outs and some spectacular hustle plays to catch bloopers in shallow outfield and foul balls. Giddings left several on base when Hawks made awesome defensive plays to shut Buffs potential rally down. One run homer for the HJ catcher and an uncharacteristic Giddings overthrow from SS to 2nd then RF to 3B was the other run for the Hawks. Buffs got on base and took advantage of a sloppy overthrow from Catcher to pitcher and Plumlee had the wheels to get home. Big momentum shift at this point in the game. HJ had the stands packed, Buffs side was a little sparse due to the distance and the fair (eli young concert) BUT we were loud. Too much nervous energy from my yard chair is my excuse.

The difference in the game was that the Buffs and Masek didn't let the HR and 2 run lead get in their heads. They kept playing. Masek had control at the mound all night (except for the one pitch that went yard, that is) pitching ground ball, ground ball, fly ball and trusting his defense. Trey was just awesome, I kept imagining that he was thinking over and over in his mind, "my SAT scores are higher than yours"!!!! The whole team was focused on playing hard and playing til the end.

Great job Buffs, Coach Marlow, Anderson and Strickland. I'm being told that this is the deepest any Giddings baseball team has ever gone in school history. Great accomplishment for a bunch of underclassmen and three seniors.

Hardin Jefferson played hard and were well coached. Impressed by their crowd and the many players that came over after the game to wish us luck. #40 made quite an impression when he came over to my son and offered detailed advice on winning the next round. Very class act of sportsmanship.

Pitching, Hitting, Defense, any two can win. All three make you unbeatable.:clap: :clap:

XMan
05-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Great job Buffs, at least someone from the district can make a run at it. Good luck next week.