PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear Tony Romo sing at Cubs' game?...

g$$
05-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Felt sorry for the guy when he attempted "Take me out to the ballgame" for the traditional 7th inning stretch at Wrigley Field.

It was awful, not sure if as bad as Ozzie Osbourne's or the American Idol guy Hung (sp), but it was right there. Way off pitch & just horrid. Jeff Gordon was bad too when he called it "Wrigley Stadium". Romo did zip the 1st pitch in there pretty good.

Guess Jessica Simpson does the singing for both of them...& she is more about looks than singing ability!

LHTT
05-12-2008, 02:41 PM
It was horrible

Silverback 04
05-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Yeah, it was pretty bad. But then, he ain't gettin' paid to sing. And if I could play football or golf as good as him, I wouldn't give to turds what anyone else thought. Heck, he's from that area, chances are they don't care either.

g$$
05-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
Yeah, it was pretty bad. But then, he ain't gettin' paid to sing. And if I could play football or golf as good as him, I wouldn't give to turds what anyone else thought. Heck, he's from that area, chances are they don't care either.

Never knocked his athleticism, just his singing in public & on national tv! He should have stuck with just throwing out the 1st pitch.

He's a good sport about it, no big deal.

Adidas410s
05-12-2008, 02:56 PM
He sounded like he was drunk...

Silverback 04
05-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
He sounded like he was drunk...

Nope, not drunk. I know cause I've heard 100's of drunk Karioke singers at my house. He was just really bad.

eagles_victory
05-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Jessica can actually sing pretty good. She has a few songs where she shows a really strong voice. However, I loved the comment on sportscenter I cant remember who said it but he said " I thought he was dating Jessica not Ashlee"

g$$
05-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Jessica can actually sing pretty good. She has a few songs where she shows a really strong voice. However, I loved the comment on sportscenter I cant remember who said it but he said " I thought he was dating Jessica not Ashlee"

She can sing ok - better than her sister agreed - but we all know why she is famous & it's not for her voice!

eagles_victory
05-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Really if you take the show Newleyweds away she is known by people who listened to late 90's early 00's pop but other then that not to too many other people. If not for the MTV show with her and Nick she is known about as well as a Mandy Moore or Michelle Branch.

g$$
05-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Really if you take the show Newleyweds away she is known by people who listened to late 90's early 00's pop but other then that not to too many other people. If not for the MTV show with her and Nick she is known about as well as a Mandy Moore or Michelle Branch.

She's known for her looks & being ditzy. Dukes Of Hazzard movie & that one where she is a cashier or whatever w/ Dane Cook? Nothing wrong with that, she's made a fortune doing it. She will never be confused with those having a great voice (Whitney Houston, Barbara Streisand, etc.).

I think Mandy Moore is pretty good-looking myself. Kinda that girl next door cute.

Michelle Branch can outsing both of them.

Phil C
05-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Who cares if it was good or not as long as he keeps playing good football for the Dallas Cowboys?!