PDA

View Full Version : TO on his future as a Cowboy

Txbroadcaster
05-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Terrell Owens' contract situation has been a backburner subject this offseason, as the team has dealt with the draft, getting Zach Thomas and Pacman in the fold, and working on extensions with unsigned, but protected veterans Marion Barber and Ken Hamlin.

So could there be a problem, with the star receiver's deal expiring at the end of the season? Owens says no.

"I definitely want to end my career with the Dallas Cowboys, and go into the Hall of Fame as a Dallas Cowboy," Owens said. "I'm going to let God fight this battle for me. There was a situation where the contract didn't work out in Philly. With this, I'm going to let it play out and not try to be a distraction. I'll let it take care of itself. I'm a firm believer that things will work out for the best."

Owens estimated that he's got "3-5 years" left in the game. As we indicated earlier, he has been in town for some teaching sessions, as part of the offseason program, and plans to be here for the start of OTAs next week to work with the rest of the offense.

One big piece to that unit is coordinator Jason Garrett. And Owens admitted freely that he was concerned when Garrett was being courted for head coaching openings in Baltimore and Atlanta.

"I was really worried (about Garrett leaving)," Owens said. "Obviously, we were coming off a year, my first year there, where we did OK statistically, but I didn't feel like we did things offensively that we could've done with the weapons we had. Our record could've been better. We squeaked into the playoffs that first year and I knew with the playmakers we had on offense, I knew we could've been more explosive, more of an air-it-out attack.

"And it was night and day with the production when you have a guy like Jason Garrett orchestrating the offense. He puts the ball in his playmakers' hands."

Owens also continued his very vocal support of Wade Phillips' program, saying, "Just the experience of last year that coach Wade brought in, it was refreshing, you heard it in locker room. It was like he brought life, took some Vitamin Water and poured it in the locker room and everyone was revived. We had so much fun, and that translated at game time."

Owens has split time in the offseason, and said he's not working out daily, sometimes twice daily, in Miami to prepare himself for the season.

He also mentioned that getting a ring is what really matters at this stage of his career. And he believes the group to get it done in 2008 is here.

"No doubt," Owens said. "The makeup is there. I saw it the first year I was there, and for whatever reason, it didn't happen. You saw the changes after the first year, and we got a step closer, came a little bit closer to going to the Super Bowl. We got new coaches, everyone's utilized realistically on both sides of the ball, and put in a position to make plays. Now, we've got new additions, we're a step closer every year. We're ready."

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/05/to-on-the-future.html

Txbroadcaster
05-12-2008, 02:14 PM
His comments on him and Romo

We had a chance to get Terrell Owens on the phone for about a half-hour this morning, as he promotes this Wednesday's appearance on Under One Roof -- starring Public Enemy frontman/rap icon Flavor Flav -- on MyNetworkTV.

And some of the most interesting stuff was regarding his quarterback, your quarterback, Tony Romo. Owens rehashed his emotional outburst after January's playoff losses and says he doesn't regret a second of the way he reacted with his quarterback under fire for the famed Simpson Family Bye Week Fiesta.

"As a friend and as a person, outside being a football player, I know who Tony is," Owens said. "Outside what I see in him as a football player, I thought they were attacking my friend, more than going after a football player. So the most natural thing for me, because I feel like he's a brother to me, is to try to protect him. That was just the most natural thing and if I got put in that situation again, I'd probably do the same thing."

He says that he and Romo have crossed paths numerous times over the last few months, and looks forward to working with him starting at next week's OTAs -- Yes, T.O. will be there.

"We talked a few times, we have teaching sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so we've seen each other in film room and gone and thrown the ball," Owens said, before cracking, "Amidst all his Hollywood-ness, we've been able to get together."

Speaking of Hollywood-ness, Romo was at the celebrity thing again on Sunday with an appearance at Wrigley Field.

Owens hadn't heard about his quarterback's rendition of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." But he didn't sound surprised when he heard that Tony was exactly evoking memories of Sinatra up there.

"Oh man," Owens said. "He's getting some motivation for the wrong things. He cannot sing. Jessica may have an album, but he needs to leave singing up to her. I think he's tone deaf."

We'll have much, much more from the Original 81 throughout the day.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/05/to-on-tony-romo.html

g$$
05-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Can I read this in the bathroom? ;)

Big Papa
05-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Can I read this in the bathroom? ;)

i dont know... can you?;)

g$$
05-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
i dont know... can you?;)

I would need to print it, so no thanks. I have paper in there for the business being done.

;)