PDA

View Full Version : Silver Boot Series

SWMustang
05-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Coming up this weekend. Rangers have been playing better as of late but the Astros have been red hot. I think the Astros take 2 of 3.

Sweetwater Red
05-12-2008, 10:24 AM
I hate inter-league play.:mad:

Maroon87
05-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Coming up this weekend. Rangers have been playing better as of late but the Astros have been red hot. I think the Astros take 2 of 3.

Before that the Astros have 4 games in SF where weird things always seem to happen. But yeah they're on fire...just think how good they could be if the pitching comes around?:eek:

LH Panther Mom
05-12-2008, 10:26 AM
:( :( I wish Keith were around for this.

crzyjournalist03
05-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Whatever happened to him anyway?

Rangers in some serious trouble right now with Millwood going on the DL. Their starting pitching staff just keeps getting hurt.

The rotation as it stands right now consists of:

Padilla
Gabbard
Feldman
Ponson
Mathis/Murray

Granted, the pitchers have done an outstanding job for most of this month, but it's going to be hard to keep up the success.

pirate4state
05-12-2008, 10:38 AM

Won't be the same without him. He was the only reason I ever kept up with the stupid Silver Boot anyway! ROFL!

Sweetwater Red
05-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Hasn't posted since November. He says good bye here.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=460

crzyjournalist03
05-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Hasn't posted since November. He says good bye here.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=460

That's weird...did he get pissed off or did he join the CIA or something?

JasperDog94
05-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
That's weird...did he get pissed off or did he join the CIA or something? We need to bring him back for the Silver Boot - The Championship of Texas.:)

SintonFan_inAustin
05-12-2008, 11:04 AM
RANGERS WILL SWEEP THE SERIES. :cheerl:

I like how the Astros announcer said on sundays games about the Rangers, when ask how the Rangers did on Sunday," They got THUMPED!!"

BreckTxLonghorn
05-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Be there on Saturday night, with the Robert Earl Keen concert afterwards!

Taking the girlfriend--huge Astro fan. Hope we don't break up over this!

g$$
05-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Be there on Saturday night, with the Robert Earl Keen concert afterwards!

Taking the girlfriend--huge Astro fan. Hope we don't break up over this!

That should be fun. Good baseball & REK, that's a great night.

Solution for you: just root for the better team = Astros! ;)

JasperDog94
05-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Solution for you: just root for the better team = Astros! ;) Problem solved.

sahen
05-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
just think how good they could be if the pitching comes around?:eek:

has the pitching really been bad? it seems to me its good enough w/ our lineup, sure its not the old dominate stuff we are used to, but then again we rnt used to scoring 6 or 7 runs a game either....its a nice change of pace unless if we get into october, then it could hurt...but we gotta get there first

Bearkat
05-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Going with the RANGERS!!!

crzyjournalist03
05-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Both teams still have a series to play before we reach the Astros-Rangers. A lot can change over the period of four days, so I'm withholding a prediction until the day of the first game.

Maroon87
05-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by sahen
has the pitching really been bad? it seems to me its good enough w/ our lineup, sure its not the old dominate stuff we are used to, but then again we rnt used to scoring 6 or 7 runs a game either....its a nice change of pace unless if we get into october, then it could hurt...but we gotta get there first

Well Backe and Sampson have been struggling a bit...

sahen
05-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Well Backe and Sampson have been struggling a bit...

true but before the year started we thought that we would have 4 guys struggling and oswalt being dominate....so far we have 3 decent to good guys, oswalt, chacon, wandy/wandy's fill in starter....backe and sampson have been spotty but i wouldnt say horrible...if backe can pretend like it is sept/oct. and sampson can pitch like he did the other day then we will be scarey good....

i really thought the pitchign was going to be much worse than what it has been so far....

kepdawg
05-12-2008, 01:20 PM

Does he play for the Astros? What position? :thinking:

g$$
05-12-2008, 01:41 PM
true but before the year started we thought that we would have 4 guys struggling and oswalt being dominate....so far we have 3 decent to good guys, oswalt, chacon, wandy/wandy's fill in starter....backe and sampson have been spotty but i wouldnt say horrible...if backe can pretend like it is sept/oct. and sampson can pitch like he did the other day then we will be scarey good....

i really thought the pitchign was going to be much worse than what it has been so far....

We have given up lots of HRs though, I think the most in league or close to it. Roy only gave up 14 all of last year & he's already got near that (10 or 11?). Oscar Villareal scares me to death, just poor location & lots of balls up in zone.

I agree overall though the pitching has been better than expected. Offense is going to score runs most nights. Way too early in season to know much yet. I like where we are for mid-May. 4 games over .500, had some injuries, & starting to gel as team. I'll take it.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by g$$
That should be fun. Good baseball & REK, that's a great night.

Solution for you: just root for the better team = Astros! ;)

Haha...I sort of already do, as long as they don't play the Rangers!!

Anyways, gotta support the Great Hambino. I can't help but root for the Rangers, if only for the memories of Steve Beuchelle (sp) and Geno Petralli.

SWMustang
05-12-2008, 01:59 PM

I thought Chacon was going to be a sacrificial lamb every 5th day, but he's done an excellen job for a 4 or 5 starter. Speaking of Lamb, did you see Mike Lamb get a game winning RBI for the Twins this weekend? Glad to see him doing well.

crzyjournalist03
05-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Haha...I sort of already do, as long as they don't play the Rangers!!

Anyways, gotta support the Great Hambino. I can't help but root for the Rangers, if only for the memories of Steve Beuchelle (sp) and Geno Petralli.

Hambino? That has a ring to it...I've been calling him "Ham bone" for the last few weeks.

g$$
05-12-2008, 03:50 PM
I thought Chacon was going to be a sacrificial lamb every 5th day, but he's done an excellen job for a 4 or 5 starter. Speaking of Lamb, did you see Mike Lamb get a game winning RBI for the Twins this weekend? Glad to see him doing well.

And Adam Everett homered last night too.

Stop the presses! Both good guys but it was time to start over in Houston. I do like Lamb as lefty bat off bench though. He's starting & playing ok in MINN, not hitting for much avg. yet.

Bull's-eye
05-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Local 610AM in Houston is having a bus trip for the saturday game. Cost is $99 and includes free beer, James Coney hot dogs and a ticket to the game. They will stay for the concert and return sometime early sunday morning.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Local 610AM in Houston is having a bus trip for the saturday game. Cost is $99 and includes free beer, James Coney hot dogs and a ticket to the game. They will stay for the concert and return sometime early sunday morning.

If I wasn't already going to be in Dallas, I would do that in a heartbeat, even as a Rangers fan!

However, a little math equation I learned

Beer + James Coney Island = Girlfriend holds nose. And girlfriend doesn't like holding her nose....:devil:

Bull's-eye
05-12-2008, 04:13 PM
However, a little math equation I learned

Beer + James Coney Island = Girlfriend holds nose. And girlfriend doesn't like holding her nose....:devil:

Solution: Don't bring girlfriend. :D

Hope they have more than one restroom! :ack!:

SWMustang
05-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

you going? I'd be all over that too, but I'm married/in prison....

Emerson1
05-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
That's weird...did he get pissed off or did he join the CIA or something?
No one has never not come back, right aggie john?

Sweetwater Red
05-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
No one has never not come back, right aggie john?

I would know if aggiejohn was back and he's not.

Bull's-eye
05-12-2008, 04:43 PM
you going? I'd be all over that too, but I'm married/in prison....

I'm seriously thinking about it!

I know what you mean, I served my time many years ago. I finally got released (divorced) and have been free for several years. :D