PDA

View Full Version : Reliant/Centerpoint are retarded

Necks_Fan
05-11-2008, 08:55 PM
There was a wreck on my way to work this morning around 6 or so (come to find out the car smashed into an electrical pole).

So I get to work and the power goes out at about 8:00. (2 hours later)

Well Crap.

So by about 2 I'm pretty ticked off that we still don't have power and it is pretty hot.

So at 4 pm, we decide to call them(It's a huge subdivion and I figured some one had called already , but apparently not) and ask what's up.

Well, they say they knew nothing about it for 8 hrs, mind you noone has power out there).

So at 6:30, we call tham again and they say they are now aware that OVER 700 customers are without power and not one had reported it until 4.

So, Finally, at about 6:50 (10 mins before I get off) the power comes back on.

What a day.

Emerson1
05-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Well if no one reports it there isn't any way for them to tell during the day.

Necks_Fan
05-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Well if no one reports it there isn't any way for them to tell during the day. Yea I know. I was just pretty pissed that I didn't have power for about 11 hours.

mac77
05-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Some people would complain if they got hung with a brand new rope!:D :D :D

Necks_Fan
05-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by mac77
Some people would complain if they got hung with a brand new rope!:D :D :D No, but I'm used to AC and TV and internet and it's pretty boring and musty without those.

HEMOTOXIC
05-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Eventhough noone reported the outage, electrical companies, phone companies, cable companies, etc... should have the ability to detect outages of that magnitude without someone calling in. A company like Reliant should definately have the neccesary tools to detech such outages.

CenTexSports
05-12-2008, 08:35 AM
The problem is deregulation. Oncor is probably the distribution company in that area and they probably knew about it but they now require notification by the electric company of the outage. They were probably were sitting around laughing at those without power but couldn't do anything without the notification.

Deregulation has been a huge bust. Companies are now leaving Texas because of the power cost.