PDA

View Full Version : Week Zero 2008

Matthew328
05-11-2008, 06:30 PM
With gas prices being crazy its gonna hurt the pocketbook..but here is my schedule....it's football heaven

Thursday: Gilmer vs. Jasper at Tyler

Friday: Waxahachie at Everman

Saturday: Riordan, CA at Abilene Cooper
Glades Central, FL at Abilene

Monday: Euless Trinity vs. John Curtis, LA at Texas Stadium
Klein Oak vs. Mandeville, LA at Texas Stadium
Colleyville Heritage vs. Clovis East, CA at Texas Stadium

Phil C
05-11-2008, 06:38 PM
We are fortunate in Sinton in our district in that our district opponents are all under 40 miles in distance from Sinton this coming year except for Falfurrias.

Antec
05-11-2008, 07:34 PM
With gas prices approaching $10 a gallon

You will see more teams playing non-district opponents closer to places

UIL needs to realign schools closer to each other if possible.

Will some schools continue to bus players home after practices - Or will practices be moved up so they can take the regular bus

Sooner or later something is going to have to give and schools will feel the crunch and some have already

Like this year in non district- Wharton is playing Giddings and Smithville

Wharton plays Ric, Cons, El Campo and Bellville in its other 3 non-district games.

At least UIL put Sealy,. Columbus and Bellville in on district. But they put Brookhire Royal, which is only a 15 minute drive from Sealy, in Wharton district with Sweeny, Needville, Stafford, and Columbia.

Emerson1
05-11-2008, 07:54 PM
I've never heard of schools bussing players home

LH Panther Mom
05-11-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Will some schools continue to bus players home after practices - Or will practices be moved up so they can take the regular bus
We don't run buses after practices.

Necks_Fan
05-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We don't run buses after practices. We do.

It's called the Athletic shuttle bus.

Matthew328
05-11-2008, 09:45 PM
I've never heard of schools busing players home after practice..

piratebg
05-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
We do.

It's called the Athletic shuttle bus.

Must be nice. :D

jason
05-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

too bad JC doesnt have joe mcknight anymore...

Matthew328
05-11-2008, 10:11 PM
I think Trinity would handle em w/McKinght...

nobogey72
05-12-2008, 02:49 AM

Sooner or later something is going to have to give and schools will feel the crunch and some have already

Wharton plays Ric, Cons, El Campo and Bellville in its other 3 non-district games.

At least UIL put Sealy,. Columbus and Bellville in on district. But they put Brookhire Royal, which is only a 15 minute drive from Sealy, in Wharton district with Sweeny, Needville, Stafford, and Columbia.

nobogey72
05-12-2008, 02:55 AM

Woops, didn't mean to hit submit on the last one. I think it has always been a priority to play teams closest to home, but most of them out here on the lonesome prairie, the closest to home teams are in our district. For the next two yearswe go as far north as Canyon and as far south as Wimberly. Both of those are pretty good hauls. Have you priced jet fuel lately? It costs us a fortune flying our teams around.:rolleyes: :D

jason
05-12-2008, 08:14 AM
I think Trinity would handle em w/McKinght... thats what everybody thought when they played the #1 ranked team in the nation 2 years ago @ hoover.....

Ranger Mom
05-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by jason
thats what everybody thought when they played the #1 ranked team in the nation 2 years ago @ hoover.....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

footballgal
05-12-2008, 02:18 PM
With gas prices being crazy its gonna hurt the pocketbook..but here is my schedule....it's football heaven

Thursday: Gilmer vs. Jasper at Tyler

Friday: Waxahachie at Everman

Saturday: Riordan, CA at Abilene Cooper
Glades Central, FL at Abilene

Klein Oak vs. Mandeville, LA at Texas Stadium
Colleyville Heritage vs. Clovis East, CA at Texas Stadium

Wow! :eek: all in one long weekend

garciap77
05-12-2008, 02:22 PM
What's Tarpon's sch look like this year?

navscanmaster
05-12-2008, 04:39 PM
We are driving to Waco. Luckily, I have figured out how to get my wife's Honda to get 33-34 MPG on the highway. We should be allright. At least Palestine is coming here this year!

Matthew328
05-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by jason
thats what everybody thought when they played the #1 ranked team in the nation 2 years ago @ hoover.....

We all know Hoover is a tad bit overrated....JC is a hell of team but Trinity is a different animal in and of itself.....scary thing is they bring back the house from a state champion...