PDA

View Full Version : New Bay City Head Coach??

TexanFan4Life
05-10-2008, 07:03 PM
I've been kind of out of touch with the HS Football scene for a while. Has Bay City hired anyone?

Old Green
05-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
I've been kind of out of touch with the HS Football scene for a while. Has Bay City hired anyone? BC Hired Robert Blackmon a Van Vleck product. He was on the Current BC staff as head Track Coach I believe.

g$$
05-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
BC Hired Robert Blackmon a Van Vleck product. He was on the Current BC staff as head Track Coach I believe.

Robert Blackmon

VV product from very athletic family (brother William "Boomer" was a good one too)
Played at Baylor under Grant Teaff
Played in NFL for years (safety) w/ Seahawks & maybe others

He is bringing back the discipline from what I have been told. BC has been down & lots of athletes over there. We'll see...looks like solid hire to me from the outside.

Old Green
05-10-2008, 08:50 PM
They also hired Anthony Ray a Wharton product as OC. He was was working as OC at 2A Skidmore- Tynan.

g$$
05-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
They also hired Anthony Ray a Wharton product as OC. He was was working as OC at 2A Skidmore- Tynan.

Correct, forgot that one. Ray was a good player as well, lots of credentials on that staff as former players! Not to say that means everything, but gets instant respect from kids anyway.

Have a relative who coaches & teaches at BC high school. They like move over there he says...