PDA

View Full Version : Astros-Dodgers on XM Radio

Antec
05-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Coming home from East Bernard- Rosebud-Lott playoff game in Smithville

Were listning to Astros-Dodgers on XM radio

Vin Scully had the first three innings- He really knows how to capture the ambience of the game.

He knows so many tidbits and you can visualiz the game when he's doing the call

Bull Butter
05-10-2008, 10:40 AM
I need to listen to a Dodgers game on XM sometime. I have always liked Scully, but I was under the impression that he did TV only.

Antec
05-10-2008, 10:46 AM
XM's feed is the home teams broadcast

like today and tomorrow against Stros

Bull Butter
05-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I try to tune into an occasional Brewers home broadcast so I can hear Bob Uecker:)

g$$
05-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Coming home from East Bernard- Rosebud-Lott playoff game in Smithville

Were listning to Astros-Dodgers on XM radio

Vin Scully had the first three innings- He really knows how to capture the ambience of the game.

He knows so many tidbits and you can visualiz the game when he's doing the call

Vin Scully is the best, plain & simple. Calls the game & paints a visual picture over the radio. Now mainly just does home games at advanced age.

Bob Uecker is one funny dude w/ lots of one-liners. I love his jokes about his playing days!

shellman54
05-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Actually got to listen to the game on my return flight from Atlanta last night. Had XM radio available, thought it was pretty cool

Necks_Fan
05-10-2008, 10:13 PM
'Stros are donkey-stomping LAD right now.

g$$
05-10-2008, 10:18 PM
And it could be worse if we hadn't run ourselves out of the 2nd inning a while ago too!

5-0 though, not complaining.

Berkman still yet to be retired tonight...

Astros 3-4-5 top 2 in league in all major categories...& overall line-up is hitting close to .300 w/ RISP on year so far.

Necks_Fan
05-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And it could be worse if we hadn't run ourselves out of the 2nd inning a while ago too!

5-0 though, not complaining.

Berkman still yet to be retired tonight...

Astros 3-4-5 top 2 in league in all major categories...& overall line-up is hitting close to .300 w/ RISP on year so far. Hitting with RISP wins ball games. Plain and simple and if they continue to clutch hit, then they will continue to succeed.

That simple.

g$$
05-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Hitting with RISP wins ball games. Plain and simple and if they continue to clutch hit, then they will continue to succeed.

That simple.

Plus get good pitching & play solid defense. Gotta do those things to win, & lately they have. Keep it up.

Good pitching, solid defense, & timely hitting wins games, period. Throw the other stats out the window.

piratebg
05-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Astros win again. 5-0 :clap: :clap: :clap: