PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know about Elgins QB if he is kicked off???

tigerSville_04
09-02-2002, 03:27 PM
I heard he got kicked is it true???

eye of the tiger
09-02-2002, 04:08 PM
I havent heard a thing about this. Will be hard on Elgin if this is true.

FB_GURU
09-03-2002, 09:20 AM
I know for a fact that he played on Friday, against Gonzales.

Head Hunter
09-03-2002, 12:23 PM
i know for a fact he got arrested for some kind of sexual assault charge or something to that extent but i have no idea if he will be kicked off the team

PISSonU
09-03-2002, 06:09 PM
If Elgin pulls a fast one, don't whine to me about it. Their shenanigans go back to the nanderthal era - when their stadium was built.

sinton66
09-03-2002, 06:14 PM
PISSonU, adults on here don't WHINE. As if your screen name isn't testing the limits already, please don't start referring to people as "whiners".

Bulldog92
09-03-2002, 06:26 PM
What is going on with this board lately? There seems to be an abundance of knuckleheads that feel compelled to be here to test our limits. I don't get it...

eye of the tiger
09-03-2002, 06:33 PM
I think we started out like this last year, but the administrators weeded the bad apples out and we settled down and talked football. Looks like this may be a repeat.

sinton66
09-03-2002, 06:46 PM
Well, that's one word I find VERY offensive as you guys already know, I'm sure. Maybe we need a big notice on the front page; "THIS NOT A SMACK BOARD!!!!"

eye of the tiger
09-03-2002, 07:48 PM
It says "keep it clean and have fun" but you may be right. It may take a big flashing sign to get everybodies attention.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-03-2002, 07:51 PM
I agree with Sinton66.......flashing, AND the text in ALL CAPS would help get the point across.......

Mr Lucci
09-03-2002, 08:55 PM
ok....this topic was about elgin's qb, not about these "shenanigans", i kno you guys think your tough because you kick them off the site... enough lets talk football

snotbubble
09-05-2002, 10:23 AM
I know he played Last Friday. One would hope that wisdom would prevail and he would be removed. Is it win at all costs....or is athletics still something we use to teach kids how to be a positive contributary force for society?

River-Rat
09-06-2002, 11:59 AM
He is a 17 year old kid, who is innocent till proven guilty. Do you want to explain to him, why he didn't get to play if he is cleared of all charges? If the law is letting him walk the streets, and the school system is allowing him to walk the halls, the the coach has the right to let him play.

snotbubble
09-06-2002, 12:09 PM
The ideal of innocent until proven guilty is not lost on me. We can play what if until the cows come home. My points are these. It is a terrible thing to be accused of, innocent or guilty. If innocent, play on. If proven guilty, the state will ahndle his removal from the team. In the meantime, as long as the administration and coaching staffs are ardently pursuing the right outcome, let him remain with the team. (his honesty with the coach should dictate playing time). If the administration and the coaching staff are dragging their feet in order to prolong a final decision in order to get as much out of him before he is removed, then he should removed AND the coach should be reprimanded. There are no easy answers and no way to make everyone happy. The coach, in my opinion, should address the issue with the school board, behind closed doors if need be, and it needs to be settled yesterday.