Bull Butter
05-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Going to the 15th...........tied at 3:eek:

Bull Butter
05-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Now headed to the 16th. Still 3-3.

Panther One
05-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Kind of what you'd expect from the top two teams in the Big XII and both being top 10 teams. Wonder what the other two games in this series are going to be like...

Reds fan
05-09-2008, 11:55 PM
A&M takes 6-3 lead on a bases loaded double....

Reds fan
05-10-2008, 12:04 AM
A&M 6
Neb 3
Final

Panther One
05-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Tuesday night against Sam Houston, A&M's closer Travis Starling from Yoakum came in and gave up 6 ERs in the 9th inning and had many Aggie fans questioning his role as closer. Tonight he pitched 8 innings of 4-hit shutout baseball to earn the win in relief. What a freakin' awesome performance from a closer. Before the Sam game, his ERA was 2.23. After the Sam game, it ballooned to 3.78. Now after tonight, it's back down to 3.05. What an amazing job tonight after such a poor outing last time out.

The Ags magic numbers for the conference title are now as follows (combinations of Aggie wins and opponent losses):

OSU: 1 to tie, 2 for outright
Nebraska: 2 (Another win in this series will do that. We can't tie because of their tie with OU)

That also extends the Aggies' Big XII record conference winning streak to 16 games.

g$$
05-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
Tuesday night against Sam Houston, A&M's closer Travis Starling from Yoakum came in and gave up 6 ERs in the 9th inning and had many Aggie fans questioning his role as closer. Tonight he pitched 8 innings of 4-hit shutout baseball to earn the win in relief. What a freakin' awesome performance from a closer. Before the Sam game, his ERA was 2.23. After the Sam game, it ballooned to 3.78. Now after tonight, it's back down to 3.05. What an amazing job tonight after such a poor outing last time out.

The Ags magic numbers for the conference title are now as follows (combinations of Aggie wins and opponent losses):

OSU: 1 to tie, 2 for outright
Nebraska: 2 (Another win in this series will do that. We can't tie because of their tie with OU)

That also extends the Aggies' Big XII record conference winning streak to 16 games.

Great post & great win. I've known & watched Starling since hs & all he does he get people out. He does not light up a gun or wow you, he just battles & gets guys out. Filthy knuckle curve helps too. What a performance bouncing back from Tuesday. Most closers are not stretched out enough to pitch 8 innings. Great kid & family too.

Dane Carter comes through again as well. This team has moxie no doubt. Rest of the weekend should be interesting. Let's win the Big 12 title outright...& soon!

Bull Butter
05-10-2008, 12:59 AM
16 consecutive wins in conference???:eek:

I knew the Aggies were doing good, but I didn't realize they had been doing that well

g$$
05-10-2008, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
16 consecutive wins in conference???:eek:

I knew the Aggies were doing good, but I didn't realize they had been doing that well

That's right, Big 12 record. 5 sweeps in a row + tonight. Keep it going & get national top 8 seed & home field in NCAAs.

Panther One
05-10-2008, 01:33 AM
If anyone wants to watch the games, they're available through Aggies All-Access (free, but you have to sign up), or through Nebraska's athletic website (free with no signup). It's Nebraska's feed no matter which one you use, so you'll get their announcers. I usually run the feed to the TV and put it full screen mode. Not the best, but better than nothing. The game is at 2pm on Sat and 1pm on Sun.

g$$
05-10-2008, 01:39 AM
If anyone wants to watch the games, they're available through Aggies All-Access (free, but you have to sign up), or through Nebraska's athletic website (free with no signup). It's Nebraska's feed no matter which one you use, so you'll get their announcers. I usually run the feed to the TV and put it full screen mode. Not the best, but better than nothing. The game is at 2pm on Sat and 1pm on Sun.

And Saturday's game is being shown (tape delayed) on Sunday at noon by CBS College Sports (formerly CSTV).

How do you run that feed to the tv for full-screen mode? Help a computer idiot like me...what kind of cable, etc. set-up?

Panther One
05-10-2008, 02:08 AM
Your computer has to have video output (RCA or S-video is probably the most likely). Just run a cable from the computer's video output to one of your TVs inputs. I also run the audio to the TV. For that, you'll most likely need a cable that splits a headphone jack into left and right audio RCA connectors. Once you have the cables connected, you'll have to adjust the monitor settings on your computer. This process will differ based on your video card, but essentially, you'll have the option to make the TV your main display or extend the desktop to the TV. I usually just extend the desktop to the TV so that I can still use the computer. I'll open up the game in the internet browser, drag it over to the extended desktop on the TV, then double click it to get full screen.

If all else fails, you could just watch it full screen on your computer or in it's original tiny little window. Putting on the TV was nice because I could flip back and forth between the Astros and Aggies.

Here's a how-to guide on Youtube...there are others as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWRzYMsNEZM&feature=related

Panther One
05-10-2008, 02:15 AM
This one isn't bad either. Shows you how to adjust your monitor display settings. This one uses an S-Video cable, but you can just substitute that with an RCA cable if that's the output you have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_oum5EPrVg&feature=related

g$$
05-10-2008, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the help, Panther One. Much appreciated & I will check it out & learn something so I can be up to speed.

I've watched games on the computer monitor before, just not switched it to the tv. You can flip back & forth from tv shows/ballgames to what's on computer? With the remote?

Panther One
05-10-2008, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Thanks for the help, Panther One. Much appreciated & I will check it out & learn something so I can be up to speed.

I've watched games on the computer monitor before, just not switched it to the tv. You can flip back & forth from tv shows/ballgames to what's on computer? With the remote?

Yeah. The feed from the computer will be coming into one of your TV inputs just like a DVD player or Playstation would be, so you just flip back and forth from the video input with the game and the channels you want to watch.

g$$
05-10-2008, 02:49 AM
Gotcha, the tv/video mode back & forth. Thanks again.

Here's a nugget on the Aggies:

• In the 2007-08 athletic season, Texas A&M has now played a triple-overtime football game (vs. Fresno State, Sept. 5), a five-overtime basketball game (men’s basketball vs. Baylor, Jan. 23) and a 16-inning baseball game (vs. Nebraska, May 9).

http://www.aggieathletics.com/pressRelease.php?PRID=14502&SID=MBA&fg=1

18handicap
05-10-2008, 06:04 AM
Aggies won 6-3? Wow, Last I remember the Aggies had a runner on in the 16th and I guess I fell asleep!

jimmyceatworld
05-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Tuesday night against Sam Houston, A&M's closer Travis Starling from Yoakum came in and gave up 6 ERs in the 9th inning and had many Aggie fans questioning his role as closer. Tonight he pitched 8 innings of 4-hit shutout baseball to earn the win in relief.

8 innings? Of relief? By a closer? That's unheard of ... at least to me.

GreenMonster
05-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Dane Carter comes through again as well.

A 3A product out of Graham HS. :clap:

Panther One
05-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
8 innings? Of relief? By a closer? That's unheard of ... at least to me.
He's been stretched out some this year going three or four innings on occasion. He's hit 50, 60, and 70 pitches in games already this season, so a lenghty outing is nothing new. Eight innings and 105 pitches brings new meaning to stretching out your closer, though.

By the way, today's game has been moved back to 5pm due to inclement weather. By gametime, it looks like there might be a 20+ mph wind blowing out to right. That should favor all of A&M's lefty power hitters.

Reds fan
05-10-2008, 02:08 PM

By the way, today's game has been moved back to 5pm due to inclement weather. By gametime, it looks like there might be a 20+ mph wind blowing out to right. That should favor all of A&M's lefty power hitters.

Everything going right, pun intended, for Ags right now. Gig 'em!

Panther One
05-10-2008, 02:36 PM
The game for today has now been postponed. They will be playing a double header tomorrow starting at noon. Gametime forcast looks to be sunny, 54, with 19mph winds from the NW. Since the schools are done with classes, I don't believe the 72 hour rule will be in effect, so they should be able to complete both games.

g$$
05-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Travis Starling's previous long outing this year was 4 IP vs. Baylor in the Sun. marathon in Waco that A&M won in extra innings. Going 8 last night was pretty unheard of for a closer (he went longer than starter Raley Brooks). Starling was a starter in hs, but had not been stretched out like that in a long time. Coach Childress rolled the dice & it worked. The rain-out Sat. may help (both teams) with the available pitchers for Sunday's DH, who knows.

Will the 1st game Sun. still be on CBS-College Sports (CSTV formerly) at noon, now live instead of tape delayed? Amy word yet?

g$$
05-10-2008, 04:55 PM
The game for today has now been postponed. They will be playing a double header tomorrow starting at noon. Gametime forcast looks to be sunny, 54, with 19mph winds from the NW. Since the schools are done with classes, I don't believe the 72 hour rule will be in effect, so they should be able to complete both games.

Plus we chartered a plane, & school is out. Both games Sun. are 9 innings (not a 7 & 9). That is the word anyway.

I'll take a split & run with it Sunday. Sweeping them would be icing on cake!

Necks_Fan
05-10-2008, 05:00 PM
How is Neck_06 doing at A&M now? Last I heard he was like 5-0 with an ERA under 3.

g$$
05-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
How is Neck_06 doing at A&M now? Last I heard he was like 5-0 with an ERA under 3.

Not pitching much on conference weekends currently, hope he gets a shot soon. Maybe tomorrow with DH...he has pitched once (DBU) in last month or so. He pitched quite a bit early in season & did well. He had a couple of so-so outings & Childress buried him, so it seems. He is talented no doubt & I wish him well.

www.aggieathletics.com go to baseball & check stats...

g$$
05-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Will the 1st game Sun. still be on CBS-College Sports (CSTV formerly) at noon, now live instead of tape delayed? Amy word yet?

Answer my own question: yes, the noon game vs. NEB will be shown live on CBS-College Sports (was CSTV) per www.aggieathletics.com Sat. afternoon. The final game of series will be available thru Aggies All-Access & NEB's site as well (audio & video).

If our women can beat Texas Sat. night, they also will be on FSN SW at noon for the Big 12 Softball Tourney Title.

Lots of toggling back & forth if the women can beat Texas for a 3rd time tonight...