PDA

View Full Version : ROCKDALE VS. FAIRFIELD

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-17-2002, 07:19 PM
What do ya'll think that the outcome of this one will be?

keep_it_real
11-18-2002, 02:54 AM
I believe Rockdale will win. Here is the fine points. Fairfield has 2 descent linebackers, (so did China Springs) they are no better then Cates and Leudeger (sp) Farirfield doesnt pass much, they are power team, my only concern is Rockdale doesn't fair well against the wing t, or the wishbone, if you remember taylor games the past 2 years..... Rockdale wins 28-13

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-18-2002, 07:56 PM
Well I believe that if Fairfield keeps the ball on the ground, then it can be an easy game for Rockdale. Rockdale has Jacob Garza at Middle Linebacker and Styker Sulak at defensive end on their defense and they usually don't let anything get past them. I say Rockdale in this one.

keep_it_real
11-18-2002, 08:13 PM
I totally agree with you, I shouldve defined myself better, I KNOW Rockdale will win BUT it will be harder to win if the adjustments are not made on defense. In Taylor it was obvious we were outnumbered on both sides of ball up front...... Jared was KILLED! Then on defense, Taylor was getting 7 yards a pop, not because they were better then us, but because we were outnumbered everytime on the d-line. Im not sure what the plan behind that was, Im sure this time it won't happen and the adjustments will be made. GOOD LUCK ROCKDALE!!! BRING THE PAIN!!!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-18-2002, 09:05 PM
Yeah, but I think that we will be able to make the adjustments when they are needed. Rockdale is gaining confidence and they have the ability to go deep into the playoffs I believe.

Swarm 51
11-19-2002, 02:00 AM
Is Rockdale home or vistor Friday night?

sphinx1906
11-19-2002, 11:26 AM
Rockdale for sure. Fairfield was lucky to get past Kirbyville, That was a good game, and no disrespect intended, but I don't think they can handle Rockdale.

Mingus
11-19-2002, 02:21 PM
The Rockdale coaching staff will have the team ready for all that may occur during the game. The game is won during the preparation phase during the week of practice. The players have to adjust to the action on the field. Some of the Rockdale coaches have been there a long time, and they will prepare to win, which is a whole lot different than just wanting to win. Good luck to both teams.

keep_it_real
11-19-2002, 02:30 PM
Im not sure if Rockdale is home or not this game. Hopefully they will be. Waco ISD better have the jumbotron running!

06_star_rtx
11-19-2002, 09:20 PM
i thank that Rockdale is the home team and the replay thing will be on

eaglefan24
11-20-2002, 03:17 PM
Have either of you seen Fairfield? I don't think that you have, because if you had then you'd know that Fairfield hasn't run the wishbone for the past 2 years. They have the most prolific offense that they've had in years, and there is not one guy that can be keyed on unlike Rockdale. Our quarterback is our leader in yards, but we shuffle in 4 to 5 running backs, none of who have had more than 15 carries in one game all year. About the linebackers, they are above decent and are better than China Spring. Chris Lightsey was all-state his sophomore year and would have been last year had he not missed district due to discipline problems. His brother, a freshman at the time, stepped into his position and was district newcomer of the year. He now starts alongside his brother. The Eagle defense is ranked #1 in CenTex for a reason, because they are good. They stopped a very fast Kirbyville team last week and held them to 71 yards rushing, and 157 yards total offense. The only reason Kirbyville scored was due to our mishaps. But give Fairfield more credit. My prediction: Fairfield 23, Rockdale 7.

Mingus
11-20-2002, 04:07 PM
Dont the Lightsey's have relatives in Rockdale? Going to be a good game for sure! Go big blue!

eaglefan24
11-20-2002, 04:13 PM
Yeah, they do have relatives in Rockdale. We had many fans from Rockdale when we played at Madisonville. In fact, there are lots of people that have some sort of ties to Rockdale. That is definitely putting an interesting spin on things from this end. But I can promise you, there will be no family love when those boys step on the field.

keep_it_real
11-20-2002, 05:58 PM
Clint Lightsey was the vicious middle linebacker and he too was killer, but he played his senior year with a busted knee, and no off season...he still was newcomer of the year his sophomeore year and defensive mvp a few times...with many more awards. And Eagle Fan apparently you havent seen Rockdale lately, Jared Maldonado is good, but we too rotate 4 different backs. I may be wrong in what I said earlier about Fairfield Im just going off of what I heard. I CANT WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY! Got Tigers CRACK SOME SKULLS!!!

eaglefan24
11-20-2002, 06:02 PM
I knew that there was another Lightsey from Rockdale that was real good a few years back, but both of them this year are for real. Rockdale has a solid team from what I hear, but I just don't see them getting past us if we play up to par. I was honestly surprised to hear that Rockdale got past China Spring, but then I heard about the 5 turnovers. I don't know whether or not those were caused by the defense or by just bad offense. But if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot then I think we can play with most anybody.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-20-2002, 08:52 PM
I think that Rockdale can pull it off honestly. Neither of the Lightsey brothers from Fairfield play at the level of Jacob Garza. He's so under-rated, even though he averages over 10 solo tackles a game. He should be All-Centex at least. Also, if it's a close game, Rockdale can always depend on the foot of Kyle Schielack, if need be, but Jared Maldonado, Richard Green, Jamal Williams, and everyone else I can think of can handle it on offense, but Schielack is an ace-in-the-hole and can make it in the clutch. Watch out Waco and Fairfield, Rockdale's coming to town.

mwynn05
11-20-2002, 09:04 PM
how good is Fairfield i havent seen them this year

eaglefan24
11-20-2002, 09:30 PM
Well that is good that Rockdale has such confidence in their team, that will make it a much better game. Fairfield is very good, but that is if they don't shoot themselves in the foot. They were able to overcome penalties, turnovers, adn 4 blocked kicks in beating Kirbyville last week. But I can garauntee that you won't have a long scoring drive on them, they are seceptible to an occasional big play but you won't have a 12 play 80 yard drive against this defense, they are too good. On offense they can go power or spread the field. Chance Elliot has only thrown 2 interceptions in his last 8 games and also leads the team in rushing. Kyle Lightsey is second in rushing w/ almost 700 yards, but 14 offensive TD's, Shane Garner is pushing 600 yards rushing, and Roderick Promise is averaging over 7 yds a carry each time he touches the ball. That is just 3 of teh running backs that will get significant playing time and isn't mentioning the wide receivers. If they don't shoot themselves in the foot they are excellent, but even if they do they always seem to keep themselves in the game.

keep_it_real
11-20-2002, 11:09 PM
It sounds like Fairfield isn't fundamentally sound. Rockdale has that trouble every now and then too. This is gonna be a good game. GO ROCKDALE!

keep_it_real
11-20-2002, 11:11 PM
It sounds like Fairfield isn't fundamentally sound. Rockdale has that trouble every now and then too. This is gonna be a good game. GO ROCKDALE! Just wanted to throw this useless fact out there. Rockdales quarterback's older brother is going out with a Lightsey thats cousins with fairfields linebackers.....

Eagles44
11-21-2002, 04:45 PM
If Fairfield actually shows up on friday night then they will win the game. i doubt that rockdale will be able to stop the run game and if they do the eagles will just go to the air. my prediction on this one is
Fairfield 33
rockdale21

mwynn05
11-21-2002, 05:11 PM
yea, i also think fairfield will win

<small>[ November 21, 2002, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: mwynn05 ]</small>

keep_it_real
11-21-2002, 06:56 PM
that kindve is a weak thing to say, "if fairfield shows up to play they will win."......Thats like already having an excuse set if they lose! Anyone can say that. Then after getting beat say,"well the only reason we lost is because, for some reason we didnt show up to play tonight...." Come on now ROckdale 28 to 7

mwynn05
11-21-2002, 07:20 PM
u sure have been talking a lot of crap this week.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-21-2002, 08:08 PM
I have only one word to say on the outcome of this game: Rockdale.

Super_Fan
11-21-2002, 09:34 PM
I think Rockdale will pull it off.

rhs_olb33_06
11-21-2002, 09:57 PM
This is gonna be an awesome game...i can't wait..i dont care who wins, cause i got family on one side and the other is my home team

check out the stadium they're playin at
Waco ISD Stadium (http://www.wacoisd.org/sports/sports.html)

eaglefan24
11-21-2002, 11:09 PM
What they mean is that if Fairfield shows up and plays their game and Rockdale shows up as well, that Fairfield will win because they are a better team overall. Anyone can win on any given night, we all know that....especially us in Fairfield after 1999. But in this game we are the favorite,and rightfully so. Rockdale is a good team, but it is our game to win.

keep_it_real
11-22-2002, 02:22 PM
Im glad you have confidence in Fairfield, I really dont think you know anything about Rockdale, Rockdale is picked to win first of all, so how is Fairfield the better team? I guess you have a right to your opinion and apparently the polls, and papers do to because they are all picking Rockdale.

eaglefan24
11-22-2002, 04:27 PM
That definitely depends on what paper you are reading. Really though, it doesn't matter after tonight who was picked or not. It's gonna be a good game, 48 minutes all out. Let the best team win.