44INAROW
05-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Cuero 4 Hidalgo 1
Bottom of the 4th -
Cuero batting - 0 outs
1 man on base

Cuero scored 3 runs in the 3rd
Hidalgo scored in the top of the 4th

**Mr44 kept cutting out on the cell phone and it was L O U D in the background, but I think I heard the above correctly..
Keep it up Gobblers..

Gobbler Fan
05-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Keep it up Gobblers :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
05-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Good luck Gobblers keep it going for now :)

44INAROW
05-09-2008, 08:35 PM
bottom of the 5th
Cuero 7
Hidalgo 2

Cuero at bat -
1 out
2 men on base (I heard him say Troy on 3rd right before he hung up)

44INAROW
05-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Cuero 12
Hidalgo 2
Game over due to 10 run rule........

Congrats Gobblers - Good Luck tomorrow......

Game 2 is at 2:00 in Alice tomorrow afternoon

Game 3 30 mins later if necessary.

Gobbler Fan
05-09-2008, 08:55 PM
:clap:

Nursebetty
05-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Way to go GOBBLER baseball team!!!!! We won the Boys 3A State track Championship.........this is all looking so GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :D ;)

Bull Butter
05-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Congrats Gobblers!

Although I'm from the RGV and usually support Valley teams, Hidalgo is well known down here for not exactly doing things "by the book":)

44INAROW
05-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Congrats Gobblers!

Although I'm from the RGV and usually support Valley teams, Hidalgo is well known down here for not exactly doing things "by the book":)

you mean for instance a runner trying to plow down the catcher and not even attempting to slide? Happened tonight - and the runner was quickly ejected from the game. Seems this individual was on 1st - next batter hit the ball over 2nd base into center field - center fielder ran up to the ball, picked it up bare-handed and threw the ball directly to the catcher (guess the baserunner who was going from 2nd to 3rd by this time and heading towards home didn't realize our center fielder is also our QB and he has quite an arm on him) anyway - the catcher has the ball in his hand/glove and is standing at home plate as the runner comes straight for the catcher - not sliding....... guess the umpires showed they had control of the game at that point.... thanks for the support :)

***disclaimer = I got this info via a cell phone call with bad reception so I apologize if I got some details wrong but I am pretty sure the runner was ejected:eek:

CueroDad08
05-09-2008, 11:22 PM
16 hits.................great job gobblers.............lets get it done in game two.

Gobbla2001
05-10-2008, 12:00 PM
TCB boys

CueroDad08
05-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Someone give us updates its after 2 already...........lol

g$$
05-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you mean for instance a runner trying to plow down the catcher and not even attempting to slide? Happened tonight - and the runner was quickly ejected from the game. Seems this individual was on 1st - next batter hit the ball over 2nd base into center field - center fielder ran up to the ball, picked it up bare-handed and threw the ball directly to the catcher (guess the baserunner who was going from 2nd to 3rd by this time and heading towards home didn't realize our center fielder is also our QB and he has quite an arm on him) anyway - the catcher has the ball in his hand/glove and is standing at home plate as the runner comes straight for the catcher - not sliding....... guess the umpires showed they had control of the game at that point.... thanks for the support :)

***disclaimer = I got this info via a cell phone call with bad reception so I apologize if I got some details wrong but I am pretty sure the runner was ejected:eek:

Gotta slide in hs & college - if malicious intent ruled - automatic ejection. Easy call for umpire even in a playoff game.

Congrats to Cuero.