05-09-2008, 07:11 PM
13-1 Jasper in the 7th

solocam
05-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Roll Dogs Roll

j_dog
05-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Final Jasper 13-2

Congratualtions Dogs. Bellville you played hard all the way. Congratulations on having a good season. :clap:

zebrablue2
05-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Final Jasper 13-2

Congratualtions Dogs. Bellville you played hard all the way. Congratulations on having a good season. :clap:

thanks j dog. lots of luck to the dogs. go get another state title...

kepdawg
05-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Final Jasper 13-2

Whoohoo! :clap:

bulldogbark
05-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Now we sit and rest , waiting for Bridge City to finish up. Wonder were that neutral site is going to be if that happens? Way to go Dawgs!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
05-09-2008, 11:12 PM
State Champs keep rolling. GL next round

XMan
05-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Man, its really a bummer that Bellville can win district and then get trounced by a 3rd place team, getting run ruled the 2nd game. This makes the 15th year since a state tournament birth. Well, maybe next year Brahmas.

j_dog
05-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
Now we sit and rest , waiting for Bridge City to finish up. Wonder were that neutral site is going to be if that happens? Way to go Dawgs!!!!!
I say we should play at either kirbyville or roganville. ;) and settle on huntsville. :D

j_dog
05-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Man, its really a bummer that Bellville can win district and then get trounced by a 3rd place team, getting run ruled the 2nd game. This makes the 15th year since a state tournament birth. Well, maybe next year Brahmas.
Officially it was not a run-rule because Jasper scored those last runs in the seventh inning. There is at least one 4a team still in the 4a playoff hunt that did not do much better against Jasper. Bellville played well. Nothing to be ashamed of. Seriously. Good luck for next year.

Brahma84
05-10-2008, 12:03 AM

Jasper is not a typical 3rd place team. They are the defending state champs, and they returned 5 or 6 starters from that team. Bellville had a rebuilding season this year after returning only 2 starters from the 07 team. Next year Bellville will return 8 starters and all of their pitchers. The Bulls are looking forward to next season.

HippoBaseball05
05-10-2008, 12:16 AM

All districts are not created equal.

Reds fan
05-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Jasper is not a typical 3rd place team. They are the defending state champs, and they returned 5 or 6 starters from that team. Bellville had a rebuilding season this year after returning only 2 starters from the 07 team. Next year Bellville will return 8 starters and all of their pitchers. The Bulls are looking forward to next season.

Agreed. Bellville loses 2 seniors, neither of which were a big factor in this series. Some of the mistakes made could be expected of a rebuilding team under the pressure of playoffs.

Bulls have every reason to look forward to next season.

j_dog
05-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Jasper is not a typical 3rd place team. .....
True, Jasper is not a typical 3rd place team. And their district, 21-3a is not typical. Bridge City and Hardin-Jefferson won their deciding games today so all three teams advance to the next round of playoff games.

Gobbla2001
05-10-2008, 04:54 PM

classiest post so far this year...

what a mutant...

Reds fan
05-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
classiest post so far this year...

what a mutant...

Yep, xman left an "a" out of his screen name, definately has an ax to grind it would seem.

XMan
05-10-2008, 07:23 PM
No (a)X to grind, just wish bellville could get past the 2nd round. They havent gotten farther than that in several years. Seems that every year is a "rebuilding" year.

j_dog
05-10-2008, 10:04 PM
No (a)X to grind, just wish bellville could get past the 2nd round. They havent gotten farther than that in several years. Seems that every year is a "rebuilding" year.
How about last year? I surely thought Jasper played Bellville in the third round last year after drawing a bye, then playing La Grange.

Brahma84
05-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Bellville did make it to the third round last year. They had a bye the first round, then beat Hardin-Jefferson, before losing to eventual state champ Jasper in the regional quarter finals.

zebrablue2
05-10-2008, 10:16 PM

think they need a new coach? I don't think so. they learn more from coach C. about character and how to be good winners or losers than anything. the talent will be there next year. and again, the things they learn from David are priceless. he is a class act. find another team if you are not happy with bellville. you sir will not be missed. all you do is :stirpot:. and thats all I got to say about that...

XMan
05-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Yall are barking up the wrong tree. Cerny is a fabulous coach, his record speaks for itself. I would just like to see the Brahmas do more in the playoffs. I think the program needs to move into the 21st century. What sort of offseason baseball program does Bellville have between now and next Feb??? Tell me EXACTLY what these young returners will do to get better. How many swings will they take, how many ground balls and fly balls will they field? What sort of thing will they do to build up some arm strength? Im thinking they will be doing more football based activities than anything else. What do guys that dont play football do from Aug-Jan? When do the footballers get to start practicing baseball during the athletic period? What do the baseball/footballers do during the athletic period come Feb? The only coaching question I have is how many baseball coaches does Bellville have? Other than DMC, do any of them have a college baseball background? Are the assistants just football coaches that coach baseball in their spare time? The emphasis on baseball is what I question, not the coach's ability, thats for sure.
Bellville will be region 4 next year up against Sinton, Falfurrias, ROBSTOWN, Curero and the like. Lots of these schools have an offseason program that gives them a tremendous advantage. If the Brahmas want to win it all, its going to be tough with the status quo.

scotty
05-11-2008, 09:07 AM
There are very few schools where the head football coach isn't also the athletic director. Places like Brenham may have off-season baseball, but I'd bet very few others in this area do. In Texas football is king. However, most off-season programs are geared for strength and agility and the argument I hear is that helps in all sports. Not only football.

j_dog
05-11-2008, 09:15 AM
XMan, you may be right. I don't know about the ins and outs of the Bellville program. I do know this, last year other than Bridge City Bellville probably played Jasper tougher than anyone else in the playoffs.

The total scores this week were 21-7 Jasper's favor in two games. That may sound bad, but compare that to the state tournament last year. Jasper's 25-7 composite score in two games was against arguably the best teams in the state. In fact one of the games was against the defending state champion which had most of its players back from the previous year. Another fact I think Jasper broke the all-time scoring record last year for 3a state games.

So, to me it just does not compute that the picture for Bellville is all that bad. I think they just have had the misfortune of drawing the wrong opponent early in the playoffs. That stuff happens and the coaches have no control over it. It has happened to Jasper also. Jasper this week is going to be in the fight of its life just trying to get by Bridge City. Jasper has already lost to them twice this year. Now if you really want to toughen up your team, go drop them into a district like 21-3a. That will toughen them up.

XMan
05-11-2008, 10:23 AM
J dog or some other jasper poster, tell me about the ins and outs of the jasper offseason BASEBALL program as well as number of coaches and their responsibilities. Bellville starting freshmen year after year shows that the freshmen are coming in as good as the upper classmen, that is not good. Shows a lack of player development to me. These freshmen are coming in with talent but not getting any better. That or the guys are not staying with the program. Where was the senior class this year? How many started out playing as freshmen in 05 and are no longer there? Bellville has all kinds of numbers, usually has 3 teams but then no upper classmen.

Brahma84
05-11-2008, 06:05 PM
The 08 seniors for Bellville have never played much baseball. Luetge was really the only one that stuck with it. The 09 group has pretty much stayed together. The returning core of the team has played together since they were 9-10. I expect Bellville to start 7 or 8 seniors next season. The reason that this group made varsity as Freshman (Hackemack, Huebner and Tallerine in 06 and Mueller in 07) is that they do play lots of summer ball and were ready for varsity.

bulldogbark
05-11-2008, 06:34 PM
here in east Tx or deep east Tx we have a lot of summer leagues that play. A lot of the teams from our area have young men that play in those leagues. Other than that I am not sure, maybe J-dog can shed some light. but we do have some very strong districts in the area. 4a on down

trg
05-13-2008, 03:02 PM
As far as returning in the field, Bellville has everyone returning except the right fielder. And they have several talented ball players that can step in and fill that position. I am excited for Bellville Baseball next year. I wish them the best of luck and will be here to cheer them on.