PDA

View Full Version : Any UIL 'higher-ups' post here?

HippoBaseball05
05-09-2008, 10:32 AM
What is the rule for using noisemakers at a baseball game?

(kazoo's, horns, etc....)

Sweetwater Red
05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/rules/

HippoBaseball05
05-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Ultimately I called the UIL and asked.

They informed me that it is up to the discretion of the teams involved, the host location school, or the umpire in general.

If the umpire feels that the noise created is a distraction to the game then it is to not be allowed. We've been using these little 'plastic hands' clappers almost all year with no problems until last night. For some reason the Groesbeck coach asked blue to tell us to stop it.

I guess they do things a little different in 19-AAA.

:thinking:

3afan
05-09-2008, 11:02 AM
i had a game last night and I was asked specifically about that (I was crew chief) ... I said anything execpt air horns was OK by me -- but if I hear something that in my judgement can be distracting to the players and/or me then I'll put a stop to it

all we had were some weak homemade shaker kind of things

STANG RED
05-09-2008, 11:14 AM
I hate noise makers!:mad:

They make too much noise!:D

c-town_balla
05-09-2008, 11:32 AM
I personally think Gbeck coach is has some thin skin. He got mad at us for freshmen hitting in a turny even tho we had a 14-0 lead.

jimmyceatworld
05-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
I personally think Gbeck coach is has some thin skin. He got mad at us for freshmen hitting in a turny even tho we had a 14-0 lead.

Had Groesbeck been winning I'm sure the coach wouldn't have minded the noise that much

HippoBaseball05
05-09-2008, 04:04 PM
That's what we were thinking as well.

He even resorted to trying the old screaming "WALK!" during our pitchers delivery with a runner on second for them. This came right after a balk was called on Chris advancing the kid to second.

It was balatantly obvious what he did since he hadn't yelled it at any time prior to that nor any time after that as well.

Didn't matter... Chris rang the kid up swinging at a high pitch. It almost seemed to scare the batter into swinging ironically

:D