PDA

View Full Version : Wild Game! Bridge City wins over Hamshire-Fannett

Old Cardinal
09-28-2002, 12:10 AM
It looked as if Bridge City would easily win over H-F just after halftime. BC's Coach Tarver, sent in his 2nd team offense and defense to play almost all of the second half. H-F began to creep up on the score board. The BC 2nd team ahead still by 11 points moved in the 1 yard line, ready to score again when the H-F defense twisted the ball loose. They then made a great passing drive against the BC 2nd team and on the last play of the ballgame, H-F scored. Time was completely out and then H-F score a 2 point conversion to bring the final score to 35 BC to 32 H-F. H-F will definately be a contender in Region III Div. II race.

exbccards76'smom
09-28-2002, 12:21 AM
It was good for the second team to get some playing time. They will be prepared if needed in the future.

3ABirdMan
09-28-2002, 12:44 AM
Yeah, don't let the score mislead you - it wasn't THAT close of a game.

I will say HF has a VERY good running back in #33 (I didn't ever get his name). And their QB has a GREAT arm and hit receivers perfectly all night long. Their passing game will kill some people sooner or later.

[This message has been edited by 3ABirdMan (edited September 28, 2002).]

DANG THOSE SMILIES!

RBARKER
09-28-2002, 08:54 AM
Good win Cardinals, As I said in another post HF has a good team and should not be takin lightly. I bet Tarver doesnt put his second team in that early again. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

BH_146
09-28-2002, 09:23 AM
Just curious as to how Peebles scored 2 TDs in the second half (3rd and 4th) if the second team was playing? Was he demoted?

exbccards76'smom
09-28-2002, 12:21 PM
Coach Tarver had the second team O-line and QB playing. Peebles and Knight were doing most of the running during this time. My hat's off to Trey Rhodes. He did a good job last night taking over as QB.

sinton66
09-28-2002, 12:34 PM
Congratulations Cardinals!

Big Tarp 74
09-28-2002, 12:35 PM
Sounds like you watched a good game! The media when into shock at Port Isabel, as Port Isabel, rip Rio Hondo appart. Port Isabel had 351 yards of offense at half time. They completed the the game with 461 yards. The final was PI 45 - RH 0. How have you been doing? Have not spoke to you in a while! Had to come into work for a while today, so I am also catching up on things. Scouts watching the game between PI and RH could not beleive the speed PI has. Some of the scouts are asking fans how fast these 5 ball players are. It seems no one can catch them. The scouts told us when you start racking up 350 yards a game, and in the last two games against great team, PI racked up over 460 yards per game, you have an explosive team. The scouts could not beleive PI hang in against Los Fresnos last week. They have been blasting people. PI lost that one 42 to 35. PI had 481 yard against them. It look like PI may final be comming back to the old days, but the season has just only begun!

Originally posted by Old Cardinal:
It looked as if Bridge City would easily win over H-F just after halftime. BC's Coach Tarver, sent in his 2nd team offense and defense to play almost all of the second half. H-F began to creep up on the score board. The BC 2nd team ahead still by 11 points moved in the 1 yard line, ready to score again when the H-F defense twisted the ball loose. They then made a great passing drive against the BC 2nd team and on the last play of the ballgame, H-F scored. Time was completely out and then H-F score a 2 point conversion to bring the final score to 35 BC to 32 H-F. H-F will definately be a contender in Region III Div. II race.

[This message has been edited by Big Tarp 74 (edited September 28, 2002).]

Old Cardinal
09-28-2002, 01:55 PM
To Barker and B_146: Again, don't let the stats fool you. Yes, the bench played a lot of ball in the second half. It was 35-17 in the fourth quarter: Peebles had gone in, a time or two, scoring immediately on a 3 yard plunge, and also, a 35 yarder. Michael "The Moose" Gauthier, Peebles' replacement, carried 10 times for 85 yards with BC's mixed-in replacement O-line opening the holes for him. BC rushed for 400+ yards and gained 487 yards total, giving everyone on the bench, substancial playing time. Jamie "Houdini" Knight, QB, getting 219 of them, which included 4 of 6 passes for 51 yards. Knight danced for 68 yards(1st play) and also another 59 yard spectacular broken-field run. Daucy Crizer, Port Arthur News, summed it up this way "H-F added a pair of late TD's, including one on the last play of the game, to make the game appear closer than it was." I grant you, H-F has improved, but not as much as BH has- since I saw them both play at the first of the year.....Well Big Tarp 74, sounds as if your predictions for a vastly improving Port Isabel team have become a solid reality, Congratulations!....Also, did you see how that "Doormat" Fairfield team has pulled themselves up by their boot-straps to be a solid football team. I would like to meet that Coach Anderson down there, and shake his hand!

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited September 28, 2002).]

BH_146
09-28-2002, 06:20 PM
I was just kidding, of course. I know you have to keep the game under control. Congrats on what should be your toughest district test. By the way, do you think anyone still has H-J making the playoffs?

Old Cardinal
09-28-2002, 08:06 PM
I don't! I think it will be Orangefield and H-F with an outside chance of Anahuac and even possibly Hardin. What's your District look like, to you?

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited September 28, 2002).]

BigBoy85
09-28-2002, 09:02 PM
I think that HJ is out off the playoffs,and it will be Anahuac replacing them. Anahuac has a very good team, especially their offensive line and running back. They play HF this week and it will be a true test for the Panthers but I think they will be able to com out on top.But Anahuac lost a starting lineman so they will have to make some step up and takeover.It will be a good race to the end off the season when we find out whos going to the playoffs.All I can say is stayed tuned!

FBmania
09-28-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan:
Yeah, don't let the score mislead you - it wasn't THAT close of a game.

I will say HF has a VERY good running back in #33 (I didn't ever get his name). And their QB has a GREAT arm and hit receivers perfectly all night long. Their passing game will kill some people sooner or later.

DANG THOSE SMILIES!

Birdman, #33 from HF is Cedric Larnette. He is a good rb!