PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs Kingwood Park (baseball)

Buffgal
05-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Giddings 8
Kingwood Park 3
WP Masek

Keep the bats going on Friday Buffs. Great job!!!!

buff4life
05-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Congrats Buffs i'll be there rooting for you tomorrow

Bull Butter
05-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Congrats to the Buffs. Good Luck K-Park in games 2 & 3!

buff4ever
05-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Here is what I will say. Kingwood Park was a very disciplined, well coached, young team. But Giddings got lucky in this draw for the second round.

Our guys played very well, and hit the ball very well. But their pitcher was young and not as good as our young pitcher. It wasn't like facing a district winning pitcher.

I don't mean to take anything away from the buffs or kingwood park, just saying that this is prolly one of the easiest district champion opponents in the region.

Take care of game 2 tonight buffs and keep the sticks coming next week.

Buffgal
05-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Game 2
Kingwood Park 7
Giddings 0

Kingwood pitcher pretty much silenced the Buffs bats. Couldn't ever get anything going, hits for easy outs. Panthers did a good job of hitting and pitching to take this game.

Series even. Game 3 Sat @ 1 pm

Regroup Buffs, you can do it.

Bull Butter
05-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Way to go K-Park!

Best of Luck in Game 3.

Sounds like the Panthers will have a heck of a 4A team in 2 years when these kids are Juniors & Seniors!

Buffgal
05-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Game 3

Giddings 16
Kingwood Park 6

WP Kmoch

Giddings bats matched the temperature @ Schulte Field HOT HOT HOT Way to come out and get it done. Nice HR shot # 6, sounded pretty sweet hitting the scoreboard. Amazing what you'll do for a ribeye.
Very proud of you guys. Keep it going.

Kingwood Park has a great group of young players. #11 is a fine pitcher and deserves credit for shutting down the Buffs bats on Friday night. He is young but the real deal.

Bull Butter
05-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Congrats to Giddings & good luck in Round 3!

Props to K-Park on an impressive inaugural season. Look for this team to make noise next year in 4A

XMan
05-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Congrats to the Buffs on moving on to the 3rd round. The game looked more like a snowball fight than a baseball game but that happens frequently in the 3rd game. Giddings was able to hit the most and have the fewest mistakes, thats what its all about.

buff4ever
05-10-2008, 10:58 PM
KPark was a great bunch of youngsters with a bright future. Giddings was the better team in this one, and also is a young team with a bright future.

If I am giddings now, I am one gaming it. We don't have the pitching to go 3 with a playoff team this far in. I know we don't necessarily have the ace pitcher that can shut teams down completely this far in, but I would take my chance and hope the sticks show up.

I guess if our opponent has an ace that totally shuts people down, 3 is still the way to go, but if not I am taking my chance. IF I WERE THE COACH, which I am not. He knows what he is doing, I was just saying.