PDA

View Full Version : Booooooo CNN!

sinton66
04-11-2003, 09:39 PM
According to news reports today, CNN's president admitted in an interview that they had knowledge that all the things the CIA and our administration have been saying for the last twelve years about Saddam's regime in Iraq is absolutely true, but they chose NOT to report it in order to "protect their bureau in Baghdad". They intentionally downplayed the info and said "it isn't all that bad". How many lives could have been saved had they done their job and used their power of persuasion to help bring the world into agreement twelve years ago? How do they sleep at night? CNN is no longer a viable source of information as far as I'm concerned.

PPHSfan
04-11-2003, 11:16 PM
Hey Buddy,

CNN has always been left winged Bush Haters. And everybody knows that only liberals and male homosexuals hate Bush. :p Pardon the pun. :D

Fox news, has and always will be my choice for media. I don't believe all of anything anyone says but I put a majority of my trust in Fox.

Besides 66, everybody I know is a liar except me and you, and I have had my doubts about you sometimes. :rolleyes:

sinton66
04-11-2003, 11:54 PM
I also changed over to Fox after feelings that CNN just wasn't doing its job. This happened back when they were misreporting stuff from Iraq. I knew better. I started with Fox and have become convinced that it is the best service out there. That fact has been fortified with their imbedded reporters in Iraq. Fox has done a fantastic job with the war coverage. Even the administration admits they watch Fox themselves. I wouldn't go so far as to say everyone is a liar, but I will say that everyone has their own agenda, and most will attempt to "slant" the truth to suit their own purposes. I'm just saying that CNN appears to have no shame, even though its president did apologize. I don't feel he needs to apologize to me, but he damn sure SHOULD apologize to Jessica Lynch and to the mothers of all those soldiers that have lost their lives in this effort, not to mention the thousands of innocent Iraqi tortured and killed by this sadistic monster.

Jason1725
04-12-2003, 10:18 AM
They don't call these people the Clinton News Network for nothing. If you want all your news twisted towards their communist I mean libreal views then they are the way to go.

Old Cardinal
04-13-2003, 03:33 AM
I agree, it is a tragic misjustice for folks like the liberal jokers for CNN to keep a following.... They choose to not report the news, but to SWAY public opinion-to liberal/communistic thinking. I heard a cute joke the other day " The difference between a liberal and a conservative is that a conservative is a liberal that has been mugged." I have been watching MSNBC, they seem to be a little fairer than they use to be.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
04-13-2003, 06:23 PM
I just happen to be a DEMOCRAT, but I still prefer watching Fox News instead of CNN........Wolf Blitzer annoys the heck outta me anyway.

sinton66
04-13-2003, 08:35 PM
I don't hold against them their political beliefs, this is America and they have a right to back whomever they please in the political arena in spite of how stupid I think that stance may be. But, to distort the truth about Saddam Hussein amounts to contributing to the tyranny. They justify this by saying it was done in order to protect their people in Iraq, and that they felt getting "a little" news out was better than none at all. I'm sure their people appreciate the fact that CNN cared so much about their employees. We should remember that they were NOT held there against their will, they could have left at any time. My opinion, a "little" news is useless, especially if it isn't true. It is simply unforgivable.

bc 76
04-14-2003, 03:43 AM
Jason1725,do you think fox is conservative views might have something to do with the owner of fox being (duba) cousin.

Jason1725
04-14-2003, 09:52 AM
I am sure thats why. I just try to gather as much information from as many different sources as possible then you can be assured you have a pretty good idea what the truth is.

Old Cardinal
04-14-2003, 03:55 PM
I have never heard FOX called conservative, they are usually called middle-of the-road, by both sides. I happened to flip over and see C-SPAN, now that "peace rally in California" was really a group of anarchist at the microphone! They riled against the constitution, the free enterprise system of government, and everything else. They yell for peace while turning cars over and breaking through police lines. They were mad because no one would do what they say. You talk about some kooks, they were so liberal they made the democrats look conservative.

SintonFan
04-14-2003, 10:58 PM
sinton66:
I don't hold against them their political beliefs, this is America and they have a right to back whomever they please in the political arena in spite of how stupid I think that stance may be. But, to distort the truth about Saddam Hussein amounts to contributing to the tyranny. They justify this by saying it was done in order to protect their people in Iraq, and that they felt getting "a little" news out was better than none at all. I'm sure their people appreciate the fact that CNN cared so much about their employees. We should remember that they were NOT held there against their will, they could have left at any time. My opinion, a "little" news is useless, especially if it isn't true. It is simply unforgivable.Sorry 66!
But I do hold the 'reporters' to their beliefs! These guys should be objective. They should be giving both sides to each story. They don't do that! They are politically motivated! At least Fox News tries to balance it out...
:cool: :cool: :cool:

sinton66
04-15-2003, 06:37 AM
I understand your point, and it is valid. However, I think it is a part of human nature to "slant" things to further our own objectives. Politics seem to be the most prevalent example of this. A difference in politics I can understand, an indifference to human cruelty and destruction, I can't.

slpybear the bullfan
04-19-2003, 11:23 AM
TarponFanInNorthTexas:
........Wolf Blitzer annoys the heck outta me anyway.Man! wolf blitzer!!! That name just sounds like it would be the start of a great post on this board!!!.

turbostud
04-21-2003, 03:38 PM
I predict CNN will cease to exist as a news network within a year. About 3 weeks before this fiasco they cancelled Connie Chung even though she had a 94% ratings increase. They put her up against Bill Oreilly, she actually had some success, and she gets the ax. CNN is sucking hind tit to FoxNews.