My dad and I used to go hunting for them in the 60s

You could send the ears in and get about $25

http://www.ksby.com/Global/story.asp?S=8265267

jlg043
05-08-2008, 06:13 PM
thats crazy

IHStangFan
05-08-2008, 07:29 PM
SEEEEE!!! I told you Kalifornistan!!!.....see where all of the gun grabbing has gotten you? We don't have that problem round these here parts!! :D

IHStangFan
05-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Was a story on CNN news about coyotes attacking kids at parks in California

My dad and I used to go hunting for them in the 60s

You could send the ears in and get about $25

http://www.ksby.com/Global/story.asp?S=8265267 heck...I remember about....10 or so years ago...in Lavaca county as set of ears was still fetching a few bucks.

Old Dog
05-08-2008, 10:51 PM
The Commissioners in Burnet County dropped the bounty on coyotes a couple of years ago, said there wasn't a big problem anymore. They also let one of the two county trappers go. The coyotes are everywhere here now despite what they think. I've enlisted a private trapper to work my place and he has gotten 7 in the last year or so. So many ranchers are calling on the one county trapper that you can' t get on his "come and see" list. We have quite an "outskits of Austin" bedroom community/agricultural mix and it really makes farming and ranching difficult. Between the coyotes, feral hogs, fire ants and high fuel costs, ranching ain't what it used to be (I realize that all facets of work-a-day life are getting more complicated too).

charlesrixey
05-09-2008, 06:54 AM
nothing like coyote killin at midnight

my best friend has a place we go up to in gunter for pig/coyote killin

a great time

the first thing i killed was a coyote (just started hunting a couple of years ago)

i was on leave after coming back from iraq, and i told my friend i could nail one from 100+ yards (we qualify up to 500 with regular sights)

he didn't believe me, so when he tracked the coyote with his light and it was a little less than a hundred yards away, i dropped it with my first shot ever, right below the shoulder blade

shut him up, but didn't realize i was going to have to carry it a quarter of a mile!

slpybear the bullfan
05-09-2008, 02:14 PM
2 year old girl being bitten by a Coyote in a park?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I'll bet it was a dog.