PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Wireless

piratebg
05-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I've seen their advertisements in Austin in the past, but didn't give them too much of a look because they hadn't made it down to the Corpus Christi area. Now they are here and looking for customers. Anyone use these guys? Are they any good? Just looking for some opinions.

They are advertising a plan for $45 with unlimited talk, US long distance, text, pics, video messaging, mobile web, int'l text, and 411.

LH Panther Mom
05-08-2008, 02:49 PM
I would definitely look at the calling area map before you do anything. I don't know about now, but a year or so ago, the area for Austin was extremely limited. Austin itself was fine, but the coverage didn't extend to LH, 35 miles away.

piratebg
05-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Liberty Hill still isn't on but Sinton is. The coverage area is growing. Give it some time. I probably won't look at switching until the end of the year.

http://www.mycricket.com/cricketcoveragemaps/

LH Panther Mom
05-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Liberty Hill still isn't on but Sinton is. The coverage area is growing. Give it some time. I probably won't look at switching until the end of the year.

http://www.mycricket.com/cricketcoveragemaps/
We were looking into it for my son, who is in Austin. He doesn't travel too much since college takes the majority of his time, but when he does, we needed to make sure he was covered.

crzyjournalist03
05-08-2008, 04:07 PM
sounds a lot like Metro PCS in Dallas...do they even have that down there?

piratebg
05-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Not down here that I know of. Never heard of it.

crzyjournalist03
05-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Not down here that I know of. Never heard of it.

It's on just about every channel at least once an hour here in the DFW area...I'd be willing to bet it's the same company, as they're offering almost an identical deal.

mwynn05
05-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
It's on just about every channel at least once an hour here in the DFW area...I'd be willing to bet it's the same company, as they're offering almost an identical deal. ill take that bet

crzyjournalist03
05-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
ill take that bet

good call...apparently Metro PCS made a big offer to buy Cricket, but was turned down.