PDA

View Full Version : lets hear about sinton

beefy
11-25-2003, 11:48 AM
I don't want to talk about the location of this game anymore. I want to know how good is Sinton. Do they have speed? Are they big upfront? Do they spread the field offensively? What would you do with the kids they have to slow down Burnet? That's what this forum is for. Football discusion. So let's discuss.

beefy
11-25-2003, 01:40 PM
ttt

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2003, 01:49 PM
It looks like a lot of Sinton fans are laying low or at work. I'd like to hear about their team, as well.

beefy
11-25-2003, 02:21 PM
Maybe the Sinton posters don't want to talk about strategy on here. Remember, it's all speculation. Only the coaches and players have the game plans and I doubt they would post it on the internet.

Ozzy
11-25-2003, 02:25 PM
from what i've see and heard, Sinton is about 80% run on offense. They base out of a wing-T scheme. Defensively, they run a split-look and like to play man-to-man in the secondary. Is this what Burnet will see? I guess we'll have to find out Friday afternoon. I'm off to stand in line to get my tickets!

crabman
11-25-2003, 03:04 PM
Go back and look at the Cuero line score and look at the film. Burnet's O-line will totally dominate Sinton's D-line and linebackers. Cuero beat Sinton 35-6. Last year, as JV, the same group beat Sinton 45-18. Cuero looks a lot like Wharton and you know what Burnet did to Wharton.

Sintonz_Wrecken
11-25-2003, 03:13 PM
That is true very true that we lost to Cuero but, that was like wk 5

Ray_BearKat
11-25-2003, 03:25 PM
Sinton is not the same team that started the season...they have improved greatly throughout the weeks.

crabman
11-25-2003, 03:30 PM
Memo to Ray_BearKat: Everybody has improved. The Gobblers were so much better from Week 4 or 5 when we played Sinton until we took the field against Wharton in Week 11, it was scary. Don't think for a minute that Sinton is the only team getting better every week. I know Burnet didn't peak in Week 1.

sinton 1316
11-25-2003, 03:46 PM
dont count on them dominating our d-line and linebackers
after seeing burnet play, it looks like their weakest spot is the o-line
they have great size, but thats about it
we have 2 returning starters on the d-line, rudy hernandez at DT and danny coy at DE
also one returning line backer
you need to do your homework before you assume things
burnets good, theyre ranked 1st in state for a reason
theyre not unbeatable
andi agree that everyone has improved, not just sinton
but i sincerely think that no one has improved as much as Sinton has
what we were lacking in the beginning of the season, was experience
we had many fumbles and mental errors, more than most teams had at the time
our starting quarterback never played a JV game last year, much less a varsity game
we have overcome those mistakes and are up to par with everyone else now
i dont think this is going to be as much of a pushover as everyone thinks its going to be

<small>[ November 25, 2003, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: sinton 1316 ]</small>

Pandora
11-26-2003, 02:20 AM
sinton 1316:

i dont think this is going to be as much of a pushover as everyone thinks its going to beLets hope not. I would hate to have all the Burnet fans drive down there to see the second string play the last half of the ballgame. I am just curious why no one has answered the original posts question. Sorry Beefy, I would tell you if I had the answers you are looking for.

sinton66
11-26-2003, 08:53 AM
Actually, Ozzy came pretty close. We're not just a wing-t team. We do run some wing as well as other formations. We also throw. Sinton is smaller and a lot younger than Burnet. Our speed is similar to last year. You folks that are looking at those four losses need to realize they were all in pre-district against some of the best teams in the state. All but one of them made the playoffs. It's doubtful anyone from Sinton will make a prediction on the outcome of this game. Obviously, since no one in the state is giving us any chance at all, we'd be pretty foolish to even try. We all knew from the start that our young guys would struggle early. But, we have faith in them. Other than that, I don't know what else to tell you.

Oh, and crabman, it was 32-6. Even the Cuero fans will tell you the game was closer than the score indicates. At least two of them have told me they were quite inpressed with our young team.

<small>[ November 26, 2003, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

BrahmaMom
11-26-2003, 09:29 AM
Sinton has tradition, discipline, class, talent, coaching and a great fan base. These combine to make them a heck of a team, year in, year out, even when one of the areas is a little weak. Others can give you the details of their strategy, I will tell you that doesn't matter. They are tough to beat, no matter what they do. And then, after they beat you, they graciously become your friend and fan. Great group, those folks from Sinton. Go Pirates (see, they got me doing it years ago!)!

pirate4state
11-26-2003, 09:43 AM
BrahmaMom:
Sinton has tradition, discipline, class, talent, coaching and a great fan base. These combine to make them a heck of a team, year in, year out, even when one of the areas is a little weak. Others can give you the details of their strategy, I will tell you that doesn't matter. They are tough to beat, no matter what they do. And then, after they beat you, they graciously become your friend and fan. Great group, those folks from Sinton. Go Pirates (see, they got me doing it years ago!)!Thanks BrahmaMom!! GO BRAHMAS!!