PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Worth golf courses & other entertainment???

STANG RED
05-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Ok I'll be in Ft. Worth for next 6 to 8 weeks. What golf courses should I play, and what else shoud I do while I'm here?
I'm staying real close to Riverside golf course. Drove by and looked at it yesterday, but it was too windy to play. Looked pretty decent though. Looked like there is water on every hole, so I'm glad I have lots of balls.

nobogey72
05-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Ok I'll be in Ft. Worth for next 6 to 8 weeks. What golf courses should I play, and what else shoud I do while I'm here?
I'm staying real close to Riverside golf course. Drove by and looked at it yesterday, but it was too windy to play. Looked pretty decent though. Looked like there is water on every hole, so I'm glad I have lots of balls.

Hooters has very good chicken. The wings are the best but the breasts aren't bad. ;)

As far as golf, go to Colonial and sneak on. It's easy to do. Don't wear cut off Wranglers, or you will look out of place, and you'll get caught. I learned that one the hard way.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Texasfootball2
05-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Hooters has very good chicken. The wings are the best but the breasts aren't bad. ;)

As far as golf, go to Colonial and sneak on. It's easy to do. Don't wear cut off Wranglers, or you will look out of place, and you'll get caught. I learned that one the hard way.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Agreed, I got caught just putting on the practice putting green. It was definitley the jeans the pick me off:foul:

garciap77
05-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Hey Stang! I'll be in Arlington on May 17 for the Heavenly Track Club track meet. My son will be running the 800M and 1500M. Also, James Muniz will be running as well. I believe he will run under 2mins on the 800M. He is the 7th grade student who run a 2:00:67 on the 800M in Apr 2008. If you get a chance make it. This site gives location and times of events: http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=heavenlytctrackmeet

Adidas410s
05-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Are you staying at the DFW Marriott South just outside the airport on 360??? Riverside is a nice course. Front 9 is easy...back 9 is full of water.

You also have Texas Star right there as well as 36 holes at Bear Creek. Bear Creek is inside the airport so it's kind of cool when you're playing a hole that's in a flight path. You get REALLY close to the planes.

Links at Waterchase is a tough, long course that's also nearby.

sign up on www.golfq.com and www.golfnow.com as both sites have discounts to these courses available. GolfQ you have to check their site out...golfnow sends you emails. Let me know where you're at and I might be able to meet up with you for a round on a weekend.

Curly
05-08-2008, 01:03 PM
golf course next to the Green Oaks Inn in FW
close to New Orleans Nights as I recall:D :rolleyes:

DaHop72
05-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Curly
golf course next to the Green Oaks Inn in FW
close to New Orleans Nights as I recall:D :rolleyes: Dang Curly, you and Stang Red playing golf, what's this world coming to?? :devil: :devil:

Curly
05-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Dang Curly, you and Stang Red playing golf, what's this world coming to?? :devil: :devil:

Well Bubba usually joins us for the first 9 but after a case of beer he aint much use, so he usually gets a table at New Orleans nights for the the rest of the day....................:smoker: :smoker:

STANG RED
05-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Are you staying at the DFW Marriott South just outside the airport on 360??? Riverside is a nice course. Front 9 is easy...back 9 is full of water.

You also have Texas Star right there as well as 36 holes at Bear Creek. Bear Creek is inside the airport so it's kind of cool when you're playing a hole that's in a flight path. You get REALLY close to the planes.

Links at Waterchase is a tough, long course that's also nearby.

sign up on www.golfq.com and www.golfnow.com as both sites have discounts to these courses available. GolfQ you have to check their site out...golfnow sends you emails. Let me know where you're at and I might be able to meet up with you for a round on a weekend.

Im staying at an extended stay motel called Budget America Suites on Post & Paddock and 360. It's about 1/2 way between 183 & I-30. I'm almost straight across 360 from Riverside. It took me less than 5 minutes to drive over there yesterday.

You ever play in the evenings? I'll go home most weekends to take care of stuff around the house, and check in on the wife. So I'll be playing mostley in the evenings during the week. I'm off by 4 anyway, and can easily get in 18 before dark.