PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat in Snyder?

BwdLion_80
05-08-2008, 05:01 AM
I will be in Snyder tomorrow and Saturday. What places do you recommend eating at?

STANG RED
05-08-2008, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
I will be in Snyder tomorrow and Saturday. What places do you recommend eating at?

I cant remember its name, but theres a mexican food place about 5 to 6 blocks north of downtown on the street on the west side of the courthouse. It is very good mexican food.
Then there is a very good restaurant for steaks, burgers, etc.., just good ol American food, in I think an old train station building just a couple blocks east of the courthouse.
For my money those are the best two in town.
But the Chinese buffet on the south side is pretty good to. I think they serve extra tender sweet n sour kitty on Saturdays.:D

garciap77
05-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Last time I eat there was during a football game. Little old shack right next to the football stadium on the visitors side.:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Curly
05-08-2008, 08:11 AM
DON'T
If you are driving from Brownwood, Stop in either Abilene or Sweetwater or even Roscoe-- crap the Allsups in Hermleigh is better than eating at any place in snyder

garciap77
05-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Curly
DON'T
If you are driving from Brownwood, Stop in either Abilene or Sweetwater or even Roscoe-- crap the Allsups in Hermleigh is better than eating at any place in snyder :( :( :(

DaHop72
05-08-2008, 08:45 AM
DON'T
If you are driving from Brownwood, Stop in either Abilene or Sweetwater or even Roscoe-- crap the Allsups in Hermleigh is better than eating at any place in snyder :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

espn1
05-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the info I will be driving through there today. I couldn't get a cheap enough flight so I have to drive from Austin to Amarillo. Man that bites! What is the absolute best place to stop at on the way to Amarillo? For food?

44INAROW
05-08-2008, 09:34 AM
DON'T
If you are driving from Brownwood, Stop in either Abilene or Sweetwater or even Roscoe-- crap the Allsups in Hermleigh is better than eating at any place in snyder
I am going to make a huge assumption and guess that Curly is not the President of the Snyder Chamber of Commerce :tisk:

DaHop72
05-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am going to make a huge assumption and guess that Curly is not the President of the Snyder Chamber of Commerce :tisk: http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

LH Panther Mom
05-08-2008, 09:39 AM

the Allsups in Hermleigh
I've been there. :cool:

18handicap
05-08-2008, 10:32 AM
What about The Shack Restaurant? I know it used to be very good food.

BwdLion_80
05-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the help! I will be there Fri and Sat calling the Canyon vs Argyle baseball game. We are spending the night and we were looking for some good ideas.

BMOC
05-08-2008, 01:24 PM
We always ate at the RITZ, great greasy burgers.

Curly
05-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by BMOC
We always ate at the RITZ, great greasy burgers.

Hey it aint (the Ritz) aint no "Triple T"

Old Tiger
05-08-2008, 02:23 PM
I heard the service there is slow so I'd shy away from eating in Snyder. :D

garciap77
05-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I heard the service there is slow so I'd shy away from eating in Snyder. :D

:foul: :foul: :foul:

nobogey72
05-08-2008, 04:59 PM
I hear the best place to eat in Snyder is a new chicken place that Black-Magic just opened. The chicken is great but they only serve "left wings".:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

STANG RED
05-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I hear the best place to eat in Snyder is a new chicken place that Black-Magic just opened. The chicken is great but they only serve "left wings".:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Actually you are wrong nobogey. They do have one other item on the menu. I hear it's the owners favorite dish.

Stewed Cloaca

cloaca
noun (plural cloacae -si:, -ki:)
Zoology a common cavity at the end of the digestive tract for the release of both excretory and genital products in vertebrates (except most mammals) and certain invertebrates.

In zoological anatomy, a cloaca is the posterior opening that serves as the only such opening for the intestinal, urinary, and (usually) genital tracts of certain animal species. The word comes from Latin, and means "sewer". All birds, reptiles, and amphibians possess this orifice, from which they excrete both urine and feces, unlike placental mammals, which possess two separate orifices for evacuation. Marsupials and monotremes also possess one (in marsupials and a few birds, the genital tract is separate). In contrast, each individual among most species of placental mammals and bony fishes has, in lieu of a cloaca, a specialized opening for at least one of these tracts.

pero chato
05-09-2008, 09:16 AM
The Spanish Inn has great Mexican food.