PDA

View Full Version : Arizona awarded 2008 Super Bowl

crzyjournalist03
10-30-2003, 04:03 PM
I understand that the NFL likes having the Super Bowl in nice facilities, but I think that they should also award Super Bowls to teams with loyal fans. Arizona has terrible fans. They don't even go to games when their team is losing. The stadium's largest attendance for the year is probably going to be from last Monday night, when the Cardinals weren't even playing, and the tickets were free!!! I would like to see the NFL award the Super Bowl to a city who maintains its football spirit even when the home team is losing...places like Denver, Oakland, and Washington...heck, even Dallas has better fans than Arizona (although Texas Stadium's facilities are lacking for a Super Bowl).

SintonFan
10-31-2003, 04:21 AM
It's always gonna be warm places and large capacities. Always...

Phil C
10-31-2003, 09:46 AM
I think Dallas is working on getting another stadium so it is possible that someday the super bowl will be played there. I wonder what would happen in 2008 if the Cardinals went to the super bowl. They would be the home team hosting the super bowl I guess.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2003, 10:43 AM
Phil C:
I think Dallas is working on getting another stadium so it is possible that someday the super bowl will be played there. I wonder what would happen in 2008 if the Cardinals went to the super bowl. They would be the home team hosting the super bowl I guess.It'll NEVER happen. Since fan turnout is so low there in Arizona, they owner of the team might have to move the team. That might be the chance for San Antonio to finally get an NFL franchise in their city.....which I do hope finally happens.

crzyjournalist03
10-31-2003, 10:56 AM
TarponFanInNorthTexas:

Phil C:
I think Dallas is working on getting another stadium so it is possible that someday the super bowl will be played there. I wonder what would happen in 2008 if the Cardinals went to the super bowl. They would be the home team hosting the super bowl I guess.It'll NEVER happen. Since fan turnout is so low there in Arizona, they owner of the team might have to move the team. That might be the chance for San Antonio to finally get an NFL franchise in their city.....which I do hope finally happens.they're building a new stadium in Arizona, that's why they're getting the Super Bowl. So the Cardinals are going to be there for a long time...unfortunately San Antonio will have to keep waiting...I think they'll get a team eventually...maybe New Orleans or Oakland.

PPHSfan
10-31-2003, 10:59 AM
I like the stadium in Tempe. Dallas killed Buffalo there in the Super Bowl bout a decade ago.

slpybear the bullfan
10-31-2003, 07:12 PM
Tempe was also given kudos by the owners for the quick decision to move the game their after the fire problem.

Showtime33
10-31-2003, 10:30 PM
Dallas didn't beat Buffalo in Tempe, they beat them in Pasadena in 92 and in Atlanta in 93. Then in 95 they beat the Steelers in Tempe.