PDA

View Full Version : New Weezer Album coming out...

slpybear the bullfan
05-07-2008, 10:45 PM
...June 24th.

First Single is Pork and Beans... well worth the Download.

(And yeah, we will let all you fan's who bemoan every thing after the blue album come and post here too! ;) )

GreenMonster
05-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
...June 24th.

(And yeah, we will let all you fan's who bemoan every thing after the blue album come and post here too! ;) )

I have a funny story about Weezer and my less than Honor Roll sister-in-law. Poor girl, she came in one day just raving about this "new" band she just heard. Keep in mind that it is 2004. Anyways, she just goes on and on about how great they are. Finally I ask her what the name of this great new band is. Yep, you guessed it, WEEZER. I just started laughing. First, she thinks I've heard them and don't like them and she goes on the defensive. I reassure her that I have indeed heard them and that I do like them. Her response to that was that she didn't think the name of the band was all that funny. I quickly responded that I didn't think the name was all that funny either, but rather that a band I was listening to in 1994 was suddenly a "HOT new band" in 2004. She called me a liar and ran to her car to get the CD. I ran to the computer and fired up, "Just Like Buddy Holly" (oh oh and your Mary Tyler Moore). Long story short, she didn't talk to me for about a week because I made her feel stupid she said. Oh well. Hey, I thought WEEZER was breaking up a couple of years ago after the video shot at the Playboy Mansion. What happened to get them going again?

g$$
05-08-2008, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I have a funny story about Weezer and my less than Honor Roll sister-in-law. Poor girl, she came in one day just raving about this "new" band she just heard. Keep in mind that it is 2004. Anyways, she just goes on and on about how great they are. Finally I ask her what the name of this great new band is. Yep, you guessed it, WEEZER. I just started laughing. First, she thinks I've heard them and don't like them and she goes on the defensive. I reassure her that I have indeed heard them and that I do like them. Her response to that was that she didn't think the name of the band was all that funny. I quickly responded that I didn't think the name was all that funny either, but rather that a band I was listening to in 1994 was suddenly a "HOT new band" in 2004. She called me a liar and ran to her car to get the CD. I ran to the computer and fired up, "Just Like Buddy Holly" (oh oh and your Mary Tyler Moore). Long story short, she didn't talk to me for about a week because I made her feel stupid she said. Oh well. Hey, I thought WEEZER was breaking up a couple of years ago after the video shot at the Playboy Mansion. What happened to get them going again?

That's good stuff. She deserved it!

Look forward to new album.

charlesrixey
05-08-2008, 08:34 AM
weezer is one of those bands that was hot and then disappeared for many years, only to re-appear again

Boyz II Men has a new album out-been a long time since they were big

some people don't know that Green Day got big in 1993 or 1994

after all, that was 14 years ago

Mariah Carey has had hits since 1991

The Offspring is another example

44INAROW
05-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
...June 24th.

Pork and Beans :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

pirate4state
05-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
weezer is one of those bands that was hot and then disappeared for many years, only to re-appear again

Boyz II Men has a new album out-been a long time since they were big

some people don't know that Green Day got big in 1993 or 1994

after all, that was 14 years ago

Mariah Carey has had hits since 1991

The Offspring is another example

Man, I love The Offspring.

piratebg
05-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Hey, I thought WEEZER was breaking up a couple of years ago after the video shot at the Playboy Mansion. What happened to get them going again?

I remember reading about that too. I guess they've decided to keep making music. I'm glad too. These guys are awesome.

Highschoolfan78
05-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Oh well. Hey, I thought WEEZER was breaking up a couple of years ago after the video shot at the Playboy Mansion. What happened to get them going again?

I had read that too.. I'm glad they are back at it. I gotta have me some Weezer

g$$
05-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Wish the Toadies were still around. Good times to those tunes back in the day...

Sweetwater Red
05-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Man, I love The Offspring.

Self Esteem.:2thumbsup

Weezer? Someone call me when STP reunites.:thinking:

piratebg
05-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I thought the Toadies were back together? They were in Corpus not too long ago.

g$$
05-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I thought the Toadies were back together? They were in Corpus not too long ago.

Really? Gosh I have lost touch big-time then! New stuff too?

piratebg
05-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Really? Gosh I have lost touch big-time then! New stuff too?

Check out their myspace page. :)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=1839615

g$$
05-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Check out their myspace page. :)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=1839615

Thanks, did not know. That's what happens when you get old I guess.

pirate4state
05-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Wish the Toadies were still around. Good times to those tunes back in the day... Get out of town! I love the Toadies!! I wanted to go see them when they came to Corpus, but I hate driving to Corpus.

Isn't it funny that I'll drive all over the state for sporting events, but when it comes to driving 35 miles for a concert it bugs me? I'm so :crazy:. I love me! :D

piratebg
05-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Get out of town! I love the Toadies!! I wanted to go see them when they came to Corpus, but I hate driving to Corpus.

Isn't it funny that I'll drive all over the state for sporting events, but when it comes to driving 35 miles for a concert it bugs me? I'm so :crazy:. I love me! :D

Wow. You are wierd. :crazy1:

Maroon87
05-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Someone call me when STP reunites.:thinking:

Gimme your number. They're playing the Woodlands on June 28th.

Sweetwater Red
05-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Gimme your number. They're playing the Woodlands on June 28th.

With Scott Weiland?

Maroon87
05-08-2008, 05:26 PM
With Scott Weiland?

Apparently so...

http://www.stonetemplepilots.com/index.php?module=tour

:cool:

Sweetwater Red
05-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Apparently so...

http://www.stonetemplepilots.com/index.php?module=tour

:cool:

They had been talking about reuniting for a while. I figured
Weiland wouldn't be able to stay off the H long enough for
it to ever actually happen.:(

pirate4state
05-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Someone call me when STP reunites.:thinking: Saw them back in 94 or 95. :thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
05-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Pork and Beans :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:
:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

slpybear the bullfan
05-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Get out of town! I love the Toadies!! I wanted to go see them when they came to Corpus, but I hate driving to Corpus.

What a coincidence! I hate driving to Corpus too! (especially with the wife, three kids, and a travel trailer!)

;)

Rabbit'93
05-09-2008, 02:35 PM
The toadies were and still are one of my favorite bands. I've seen them 20 + times in and around dallas before possum kingdom broke.

They will be performing possum kingdom at possom kingdom lake. Can't wait.

Dia del los Toadies (http://www.diadelostoadies.com)

turbostud
05-09-2008, 02:48 PM
I saw Toadies open for Bush in Orlando when both bands hit it big. Great Show.

Maroon87
05-09-2008, 02:58 PM
I wanted to go see them when they came to Corpus, but I hate driving to Corpus.

Unless it's late at night and you need to go to the Calallen HEB...or if Randy Rogers is at Brewster's.:p

pirate4state
05-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Unless it's late at night and you need to go to the Calallen HEB...or if Randy Rogers is at Brewster's.:p All true. Or Kevin Fowler at Concrete at the end of the month. :D Man, I've already forgotten WHY I pulled that bone headed move going to Calallen late at night. :doh: :thinking: LOL

Maroon87
05-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Man, I've already forgotten WHY I pulled that bone headed move going to Calallen late at night. :doh: :thinking: LOL

Obviously I was in town...:p :kiss:

pirate4state
05-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Obviously I was in town...:p :kiss: :eek: :eek: hmmmmmmmm

Maroon87
05-09-2008, 03:20 PM
:eek: :eek: hmmmmmmmm

:evilgrin: :taunt:

BuffyMars
05-09-2008, 03:30 PM
ahhhh toadies....weezer.....nirvana.....stp........pearl jam........smashing pumps.......alice in chains.....90s alternative in general.......

memories....

and wait.......i still prefer to listen to them over this crap today. :hand: :nerd: :hand:

g$$
05-10-2008, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
ahhhh toadies....weezer.....nirvana.....stp........pearl jam........smashing pumps.......alice in chains.....90s alternative in general.......

memories....

and wait.......i still prefer to listen to them over this crap today. :hand: :nerd: :hand:

Me too for sure.

:clap: :clap:

hotty
05-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Weezer is the worst band ever........by far!

pirate4state
05-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars

memories....

AMEN!

Channels 21 & 24 :inlove:

piratebg
05-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by hotty
Weezer is the worst band ever........by far!

Ummm......no. :dispntd: