PDA

View Full Version : Breckenridge???

westcoast54
05-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Why is the Breck football job open...again this year? Anyone have any info?

BreckTxLonghorn
05-07-2008, 11:08 PM
No official word as to why yet, but lots of rumors. Nothing dirty/ gossip or anything, just heard no connection to the kids. Offseason was down to under 30.

Remember, I live in Austin, though. All I get is hearsay. Don't take my word-- wait for the write-up in the paper.

GreenMonster
05-07-2008, 11:55 PM
I just though this is a good place for this. " I don't care. Go ahead, ask me. I still won't care."

wildstangs
05-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Wow, wasn't their coach new last year? Maybe the new district had something to do with it.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Wow, wasn't their coach new last year? Maybe the new district had something to do with it.

Had nothing to do with it. In a sick, sadistic way ;), the new district is a good thing for the coach, old or new. With such a powerhouse district, and us being so small, expectations wouldn't be nearly as high, even in a town like Breck. The coach would have two years to mold the team philosophy and gamplan, work on being competitive, and any district wins would be gravy.

Now, if they don't do anything in non-district, then I would agree the district schedule isn't helping.

Adidas410s
05-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
No official word as to why yet, but lots of rumors. Nothing dirty/ gossip or anything, just heard no connection to the kids. Offseason was down to under 30.

Remember, I live in Austin, though. All I get is hearsay. Don't take my word-- wait for the write-up in the paper.
Wow. That's sad to hear. :(