PDA

View Full Version : G.J. Kinne

kepdawg
05-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Going to Tulsa

lostaussie
05-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Going to Tulsa I was afraid u were going to say going to the University of Gilmer............but alas.........the kid just wants a chance to play and play he will if given the opportunity. I hope he makes a great Golden Hurricane (whatever that is).

BreckTxLonghorn
05-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I was afraid u were going to say going to the University of Gilmer............but alas.........the kid just wants a chance to play and play he will if given the opportunity. I hope he makes a great Golden Hurricane (whatever that is).

:ack!: :ack!:

ewwwww :tisk: ~ p4s

lostaussie
05-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
:ack!: :ack!:

ewwwww :tisk: ~ p4s and by that you mean............he doesn't play for UT anymore so screw him:thinking: I guess i don't have that kind of rational..........i like for all kids to succeed................whether they play for my team or not.

kepdawg
05-07-2008, 07:51 PM
and by that you mean............he doesn't play for UT anymore so screw him:thinking: I guess i don't have that kind of rational..........i like for all kids to succeed................whether they play for my team or not.

:confused:

lostaussie
05-07-2008, 07:55 PM
:confused: i guess i didn't get what he meant by freaky faces with there tongues sticking out..............please enlighten me.

pirate4state
05-07-2008, 07:59 PM
and by that you mean............he doesn't play for UT anymore so screw him:thinking: I guess i don't have that kind of rational..........i like for all kids to succeed................whether they play for my team or not. that's my bad. i deleted his risque comment and just left the faces...lol...it was nothing bad about Kinne....simma down :kiss:

lostaussie
05-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
that's my bad. i deleted his risque comment and just left the faces...lol...it was nothing bad about Kinne....simma down :kiss: me?..................I ain't upset bout nothing. guess i was just a little lost. It's certainly all good now that u have straightened me out :kiss::kiss:

GreenMonster
05-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Golden Hurricane (whatever that is).

I'm not 100% positive, but I think it is an Oklahoma version of a duststorm, also known to Texans as "Lubbock moving East."

g$$
05-08-2008, 03:29 AM
Going to Tulsa

So since he already redshirted, he will now sit another year (can practice, etc. just not play in games), & then have 3 years of eligibility left. 5 to play 4 rule transferring D1-A to D1-A. Best of luck to him.

charlesrixey
05-08-2008, 06:33 AM
me?..................I ain't upset bout nothing. guess i was just a little lost. It's certainly all good now that u have straightened me out :kiss::kiss:

LOL!

i thought you were always LOST?

:)

coachc45
05-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by g$$
So since he already redshirted, he will now sit another year (can practice, etc. just not play in games), & then have 3 years of eligibility left. 5 to play 4 rule transferring D1-A to D1-A. Best of luck to him.

He is applying for a waiver..... very unlikely that the NCAA gives it to him.

JasperDog94
05-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by coachc45
He is applying for a waiver..... very unlikely that the NCAA gives it to him. What's his reasoning for a waiver?

kaorder1999
05-08-2008, 12:01 PM
so he doesnt have to sit out a year for transferring D1 to D1

waterboy
05-08-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm glad he finally settled on a school. Maybe he'll have a better shot to play at Tulsa. I'd like to see him at least get his shot to prove himself. I definitely think he has the potential for big things at the next level. I wish him all the luck in the world. Good guy.

JasperDog94
05-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
so he doesnt have to sit out a year for transferring D1 to D1 Yeah, but why does he think that he should get a waiver when other kids don't? What makes his request so special? Maybe he's just putting in a request in the hopes that he will get lucky, but I see no valid reason he would get a waiver.

kaorder1999
05-08-2008, 12:17 PM
he's been lucky once...just like when he went to Gilmer...most kids would have been ruled ineligible....guess he wants to try his luck again!

g$$
05-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Sorry, but he won't get it. No valid reason different than other D1-A to D1-A football transfers. He made a mistake going to Texas after switching late. The only reason Kirby Freeman got one to be eligible at Baylor next year is grad school curriculum reasons (so they say). Very, very rare.

waterboy
05-08-2008, 12:29 PM
he's been lucky once...just like when he went to Gilmer...most kids would have been ruled ineligible....guess he wants to try his luck again!
Yeah, the circumstances we're MUCH different then. The UIL would have been considered heartless if they had ruled him ineligible to play his senior year in high school, no matter where he moved to. I don't think the NCAA will give him a waiver even if he asks. Has he even asked?

kaorder1999
05-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yeah, the circumstances we're MUCH different then. The UIL would have been considered heartless if they had ruled him ineligible to play his senior year in high school, no matter where he moved to. I don't think the NCAA will give him a waiver even if he asks. Has he even asked?

i disagree on the heartless thing......

he made it apparant, as did momma, that if coach so and so didnt get the job or wasnt calling the offense that he would be taking his services elsewhere. Then when the coach didnt get the job and wasn't going to be running the offense, it became a safety issue. But...thats for another thread I guess....

and you are right...i dont see him being granted a waiver....

Z motion 10 out on 2
05-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Just FYI:

The UIL ruled Bernard Scott ineligible to play his senior year after he transferred from Vernon to Wichita Falls. He was kicked off the team in Vernon. He was awesome and still is...that is why the WF schools protested because he was so good.

He is now at ACU on scholarship after winning the JUCO national champonship two years ago and was nammed the MVP.

My point is the UIL will chop a student should there be solid reasons.

g$$
05-08-2008, 12:53 PM

and you are right...i dont see him being granted a waiver....

Agreed.

He has no case. No offense, but his dad isn't involved here. He's a kid transferring from Texas where he felt he would never play much if at all. No extinuating circumstances, etc. He is simply leaving one school for another. He has used his RS year, now will sit again, & have 3 left to play unless he transfers down. Simple as that unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat. Mitch Mustain just got denied too.

coachc45
05-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Every kid that transfers D1 to D1 applies for a waiver. You'd be an idiot not to.... whats the worst that can happen?

Don't turn it into a bash GJ thread..... he is doing what everyone does. And yes he's applying.... he said so when interviewed on KTBB radio in Tyler.

kaorder1999
05-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Every kid that transfers D1 to D1 applies for a waiver. You'd be an idiot not to.... whats the worst that can happen?

Don't turn it into a bash GJ thread..... he is doing what everyone does. And yes he's applying.... he said so when interviewed on KTBB radio in Tyler.

who has bashed him?

g$$
05-09-2008, 02:05 AM

Not every kid...but common. Most are cut & dried cases. My nephew just transferred from Big 12 to Pac-10 in baseball (after shoulder surgery), & until next year baseball eligibility rules are different from football & basketball. All done thru the Compliance Dept. w/ full or partial releases, conference rules, NCAA waivers, academic standing, etc. Kids most of the time don't even know all the specific rules. It can get very complicated.

I'm not bashing GJ & wished him well. He made a decision & now the rule in place will dicate his future. Simple as that. He will basically have 3 years left once the dust settles if he goes D1-A to D1-A as reported.